Problems with the 392 Rubicon

I believe it’s simply the serpentine belt. My GC SRT, also had this chirp since new. Recently replaced the belt, no more chirp.
I’ll be paying close attention to the 392 once I have it. 🤣

Yes! I bought it yesterday and had no problems. Go to start it up this morning and had one very loud chirp when starting it. It chirps once at startup every time now. Any idea what it is?
Still an ongoing thing here, have a case open with Stellantis now.

Yes! I bought it yesterday and had no problems. Go to start it up this morning and had one very loud chirp when starting it. It chirps once at startup every time now. Any idea what it is?
Its a well known trait on the 392. Mine has done it from day one. Lots of speculation on what may cause it. Most diagnosis lean toward a cold exhaust and as it slowly warms up, the noise goes away. I’ve talked to many Chrysler reps and factory engineers and ao far no service bulletins or recalls. I would agree its not a critical defect or breakdown, just an irritating noise that lasts about a minute. Hopefully, Stellantus will address one day, not likely though. Enjoy your 392, it is alot if fun!

I believe it’s simply the serpentine belt. My GC SRT, also had this chirp since new. Recently replaced the belt, no more chirp.
Please let us know! Thanks!

Thanks. That is crazy that a serpentine belt can start chirping the second day of ownership.
Its a well known trait on the 392. Mine has done it from day one. Lots of speculation on what may cause it. Most diagnosis lean toward a cold exhaust and as it slowly warms up, the noise goes away. I’ve talked to many Chrysler reps and factory engineers and ao far no service bulletins or recalls. I would agree its not a critical defect or breakdown, just an irritating noise that lasts about a minute. Hopefully, Stellantus will address one day, not likely though. Enjoy your 392, it is alot if fun!
thanks. As long as it chirps once at startup and then stops I guess it is okay. It sounds like it is tearing something up. I love the vehicle so far otherwise.

while i would traditionally agree with this statement, the engineer stated that a heavier weight oil may clear up the condition but cause other issues..... that leads me to believe there is a lubrication issue not just "exhaust" warming up, he also stated changing exhaust systems would not correct the issue, also pointing to the valve train.

broken valve springs, dropped valves and chewed up cams are also inherit problems with the 392 ;)

i still like the jeep, i'd hope that enough noise will force their hand to address as I dont believe the chirp is "intended" or "by design"

Last edited:
Inherently, most new editions have more problems than the following editions. I understand the 392 Rubicon is not considered completely new as the JL body style has been around since 2018, the engine since 2011, and the transmission since 2014 (at least the generation in the 392). However, the 392 Rubicon is a new trim/configuration and many modifications had to be done to fit all components well.

This thread is to help each other out and hopefully minimize serious issues.

So far, from reading other threads/forums:

The fuses not seated well in some 392s have caused some electrical problems.

Wires too close to heat sources have also caused electrical problems.

As the title says, what problems have we encountered?
1000 miles no issues yet, but I do need more speed. I also need high capacity springs for my trailer towing.

while i would traditionally agree with this statement, the engineer stated that a heavier weight oil may clear up the condition but cause other issues..... that leads me to believe there is a lubrication issue not just "exhaust" warming up, he also stated changing exhaust systems would not correct the issue, also pointing to the valve train.

broken valve springs, dropped valves and chewed up cams are also inherit problems with the 392 ;)

i still like the jeep, i'd hope that enough noise will force their hand to address as I dont believe the chirp is "intended" or "by design"
For what it’s worth, I run 0-40 in my SRT. No motor noise issues and even at altitude, temperature runs consistent.

Those are interesting for sure. I just hope that someone gets to the bottom of it. Glad i have the mfr warranty if it is something more serious.

Those are interesting for sure. I just hope that someone gets to the bottom of it. Glad i have the mfr warranty if it is something more serious.
You service yours in Hickory? I'm in Boone.

You service yours in Hickory? I'm in Boone.
I get service in Hickory, nice to meet you! I heard someone up there got one! Mine came from Ohio, we were in car business Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM, GM, and Toyota dealerships. My best friend still owns a Chrysler store there, so we called in a favor. Haha

I get service in Hickory, nice to meet you! I heard someone up there got one! Mine came from Ohio, we were in car business Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM, GM, and Toyota dealerships. My best friend still owns a Chrysler store there, so we called in a favor. Haha
I hear that. Just got back from RubiTrux and they HAD a few 392 there but all were sold and 2 even had the Richard Petty Hemi upgrade...I think that kit added another 75ish HP!!! Rubi is going to do some installs I'm not equipped to handle. Got mine in Marion...right place at the right time at the right price and right color! Darn lucky IMO.

1000 miles no issues yet, but I do need more speed. I also need high capacity springs for my trailer towing.
More Speed....Nice. Our local (Boone) outfitter does about 100 converstions a year. And they just did 2 or 3 on Richard Petty tunes on the 392 they DID have in stock. You are not too far from them in VA. I considered buying a Brute from the years ago but could not insure the dang thing, but the Rubi fellow do good work. https://www.rubitrux.com
Good luck with all the HP!

My half doors are 3-5 shades off. Awesome!
Screenshot_20211008-141314_Messages.jpg

Wow! That’s crazy. You would expect a very slight variation, but your doors are way off.
Hope dealer will work with Jeep to resolve.

Here's the cowl. It's off to.
20210926_102832.jpg

Here's the cowl. It's off to.View attachment 1599
Oh man! That's awful! I have a few paint runs on my full doors I'm trying to get fixed. My dealer is going through the approval process.

My half doors didn't have any paint runs or defects, but now I'm concerned about matching the Sarge green on my Jeep. From what I've seen here, it appears to be the granite crystal color that's giving color mismatch problems.

Oh man! That's awful! I have a few paint runs on my full doors I'm trying to get fixed. My dealer is going through the approval process.

My half doors didn't have any paint runs or defects, but now I'm concerned about matching the Sarge green on my Jeep. From what I've seen here, it appears to be the granite crystal color that's giving color mismatch problems.
Is Sarge green like Dodge F8? The darker green with like a gold tint? I'd agree Granite's formula must be extremely touchy. Clearly they'll fix it I mean it's not just a little off it's alot off. I figure being in Chicagoland I have 6 months til I use them and at least I have her. Positive it will work out but I'm sure it will be a headache.

Back