Problems with the 392 Rubicon

Here are two more pics to confirm @Silver bullet 's.
Many thanks again....I suspect there must be a clamp that was not fully tightened down when repaired at the dealer....although it's
hard to believe it happened twice...once at the factory then at the dealer...is something else in play???
Here are two more pics to confirm @Silver bullet 's.

Here are two more pics to confirm @Silver bullet 's
Since this problem happened on the drive home from the dealer, it had to be something either installed incorrectly at the factory or perhaps a missing clamp to hold the tube in-place. I find it unusual that it happened again, a couple of days later, when repaired at the dealer. I seem to remember briefly looking at the repair and seeing the shoulder of the tube up against the water pump housing...this means it somehow moved back allowing the O-ring to dislodge and leak again. I'll find out tomorrow when I limp back to the dealer for the second time....I'm beginning to think mine was built on Friday 8/13...

Many thanks again....I suspect there must be a clamp that was not fully tightened down when repaired at the dealer....although it's
hard to believe it happened twice...once at the factory then at the dealer...is something else in play???

Since this problem happened on the drive home from the dealer, it had to be something either installed incorrectly at the factory or perhaps a missing clamp to hold the tube in-place. I find it unusual that it happened again, a couple of days later, when repaired at the dealer. I seem to remember briefly looking at the repair and seeing the shoulder of the tube up against the water pump housing...this means it somehow moved back allowing the O-ring to dislodge and leak again. I'll find out tomorrow when I limp back to the dealer for the second time....I'm beginning to think mine was built on Friday 8/13...
Haha. There may be some true to that Friday build. You can check when it was built (MDH section of your door sticker).
Screenshot_20210906-103214_Gallery.jpg
Mine for example was built on 07/07 (a Wednesday) at the 8th hour of the day.

Maybe a 'Christine' like Vehicle? :unsure:

Haha. There may be some true to that Friday build. You can check when it was built (MDH section of your door sticker).View attachment 1208Mine for example was built on 07/07 (a Wednesday) at the 8th hour of the day.
Just checked....MDH is 081219....Thursday August 12th at 7 PM. Is this the start of build or completion? I guess the "quality control" was on the 13th...:rolleyes:

Just checked....MDH is 081219....Thursday August 12th at 7 PM. Is this the start of build or completion? I guess the "quality control" was on the 13th...:rolleyes:
That's the day it was completed at the assembly line. There may have been some additional options installed after this date, however.

That's the day it was completed at the assembly line. There may have been some additional options installed after this date, however.
My Jeep MDH was April 14, Hour 10. Shortly after that I was notified by the dealer that it was loaded on a train on April 16th and the dealer thought it was coming to them. However, we found out a couple of days later that it was sent to Toronto for "Installation of MOPAR Items" Then it was sent back to Toledo for what ever reason, then shipped to the dealer in the Detroit Metro area arriving there on May 17th. Heck, Toronto is just across the river from the dealer I bought the Jeep from.🤷‍♂️

I just posted a new thread about this called Crooked Muffler/Pipes Solved! Using a 15mm deep socket, loosen the exhaust flange bolts forward of the muffler, adjust the muffler until it is level, retighten the bolts, then loosen the exhaust flange bolts on the pipes, make minor adjustments until they are level.
Thank you thank you thank you! Just saw this as I've been working like a beaver past couple of weeks to pay for this thing, lol! But every penny is worth it when I knock off the Raptors at Phx stoplights.

Thank you thank you thank you! Just saw this as I've been working like a beaver past couple of weeks to pay for this thing, lol! But every penny is worth it when I knock off the Raptors at Phx stoplights.
Btw I'm a sept born 70's kid and super duper OCD about most things especially alignment of exhausts. Sucks but at least I know my mental ailments, lol!

That would be nice....
Maybe someone is close to Jeep mfg contacts and get one for us? I'll see if I can try and find anyone as well. Figured they could use the data that everyone is providing for proactive manufacturing, etc.

My left front inner plastic fender melted down to where it would rub on the tire. (35" tires)
I was in sunny hot Vegas with a 108 outside temp a month or so back and while in stop n go traffic it melted.
The left side does seem to get hotter than the right side due to the exhaust routing.
My dealership did the repair free of cost.
I assume it'll just melt again the next time I'm in hellish heat, but I plan on getting the aluminum inner fenders before too long.
I also had my driver inner fender get sucked into the tire and chewed up. It was 106 and we were bombing down 395 to the Tri-Cities. I noticed that the passenger side started to do the same, though not to the same extent. I may have been on it pretty hard going through traffic.

Dealer knows and said they'd replace as soon as I pull the trigger. Told them not sure its worth them going through the trouble if I'm just going to replace them with aftermarket aluminum or steal.

To that end I watched a video from WFO Concepts and they installed a full set GENRIGHT Off Road Narrow front and rear Tuber fenders and front and rear Inners and on a 392 that they are working on for a customer. So, I'm assuming they fit without much hassle.

TeraFlex has a rig with Nemesis front and rear Tube fenders and front and rear inners. They fit the Falcon Performance 3.1 Piggyback shocks but not sure if they are specifically 392 compatible.

I also had my driver inner fender get sucked into the tire and chewed up. It was 106 and we were bombing down 395 to the Tri-Cities. I noticed that the passenger side started to do the same, though not to the same extent. I may have been on it pretty hard going through traffic.

Dealer knows and said they'd replace as soon as I pull the trigger. Told them not sure its worth them going through the trouble if I'm just going to replace them with aftermarket aluminum or steal.

To that end I watched a video from WFO Concepts and they installed a full set GENRIGHT Off Road Narrow front and rear Tuber fenders and front and rear Inners and on a 392 that they are working on for a customer. So, I'm assuming they fit without much hassle.

TeraFlex has a rig with Nemesis front and rear Tube fenders and front and rear inners. They fit the Falcon Performance 3.1 Piggyback shocks but not sure if they are specifically 392 compatible.
If you install the aluminum inner fenders, please post some pics and a review. Owning a 392 is a real challenge right now as we navigate Jeep websites that don’t yet acknowledge the 392’s existence and sales people who “aren’t sure” if their parts will fit.

I apologize up front for the length of this post but I trust you will understand after you read through it. Up front I need to let you know I had about 250 miles on my vehicle at the point I encounterd a similar problem in a parking lot meeting up with a friend. Pulled up in front of where he was parked, put my Jeep in park while running. Got out to great my friend then got back in to the Jeep to park it (while running). Put the transmission in reverse to back in to the space next to my friend and it locked up into park, PARK flashing in the center dash display and in the display next to the shifter. Moved the shifter to Drive and attempted to pull forward and encountered the same thing, lock-up and PARK is flashing all over the place. Shut the vehicle down, restarted it, put it into gear with same results. Got out to see if there was something behind me or next to me that might be setting off some sensers and found nothing. Got back into the Jeep, put my seatbelt on, started it and everything worked fine, was able to back into the space I wanted to. The only thing I can think of that prevented me from moving the Jeep during that situation was that I didn't put my seat belt on when I jumped back into the Jeep the first time. Don't recall any alarms about the driver's door not being completely closed but that certainly could have been the case. However, when backing into my garage I routinely open the dirver's door to look back and check to see where my back tire is in relation to the Stopping point I chose but have not experienced a situation where the vehicle imposed a "Park" situation that locks everything up. So question is... what might be involved in creating/imposing this "Park Condition" Door open/ajar, seatbelt not being fastened, a combination of the two or something altogether different. Looking forward to input from those that may have experienced anything like this.:unsure:
Your post reminded me of the poor guy who tried to retrieve something that dropped on the ground between his vehicle and a McDonald’s drive-thru window. He was squeezed to death when the vehicle moved forward. Regarding opening the door to check that your Jeep is in your garage far enough -- two easy fixes for me: 1) I put a strip of red tape across the threshold of my garage floor where the door meets the floor. Now all I do is put the Jeep in reverse, look at the rear camera and verify I can see daylight between the red tape and the spare tire; and, 2) If you have the front camera you can mark the spot on the garage wall where the front camera guides stop when your Jeep is in far enough to clear the door. I also have (by accident) a not-so-fail-safe system -- the tire on my mountain bike (hanging from the ceiling) will bump into the windshield if I go past my reference points by more than 2 inches. Unfortunately this system is not fail safe if my bike is loaded in the back of the Jeep :)

So...mine has a slight pull to the right. I’m a freak about that. Before I left the dealer I addressed it. They told me to go change rims and tires and then bring it back to them. It was perfectly aligned. They changed an electronic steering module which helped some but they knew I wouldn’t be happy about it so next week it will hang out at the dealership while they and the FCA engineers discuss and fix it hopefully. What pisses me off about it is that I had the QA sticker on my window with 40 miles on it. So the QA guy signed off on it with a noticeable pull? WTF? If it’s not fixed next week the dealership manager will elevate the problem to FCA.
I also keep loosing the back up camera lines so I’m having to reset every other day or so. And my CarPlay keeps dropping off and then coming back. I’m not sure if that’s a cable problem or a Jeep problem so I’m troubleshooting now.
With regards to Apple CarPlay. I rent cars weekly. I believe it's an Apple/Car Play issue. I see issues mostly with Fords and BMWs. I have a 2021 M340i, and the Car Play is horrible. Won't detect my phone at times, won't connect, loses connection, etc. Same with various cars I rent. More commonly with Fords for some reason. Not so much with Chevy, Mopar, Nissan, Volkswagons, etc. Audi's seem intermittent with the issue. I notice it enough,

With regards to Apple CarPlay. I rent cars weekly. I believe it's an Apple/Car Play issue. I see issues mostly with Fords and BMWs. I have a 2021 M340i, and the Car Play is horrible. Won't detect my phone at times, won't connect, loses connection, etc. Same with various cars I rent. More commonly with Fords for some reason. Not so much with Chevy, Mopar, Nissan, Volkswagons, etc. Audi's seem intermittent with the issue. I notice it enough,
I’ve had no problems with CarPlay since it being “reset” at the dealership. I’m not sure which reset they did because I had rest it myself. I even use a non Apple cable from my arm rest port with no issues.

I’ve had no problems with CarPlay since it being “reset” at the dealership. I’m not sure which reset they did because I had rest it myself. I even use a non Apple cable from my arm rest port with no issues.
I have a thought the dealers are aware of a software bump to correct the issue. BMW also suggested I bring it in for a reset. With Apple increasing their security, It's realistic to suspect this. I work for a global manufacturer and we write our own Apps for bionic limbs. The rigors of what we have to go through to ensure our products and apps work with Apple, is pretty significant.

ive noticed a low speed Grinding that occurs after the vehicle has been warmed up and driven. this is with turning slightly. frequently going up or down a slight incline (like a driveway) it seems like what has been reported with other JL's and felt to be possibly related to the antilock brakes. however the dealer has not heard of any such noise. Has anyone else had this issue? It is not noted once the speed is more than 7 mph

Anyone having the 6.4l chirp on cold start idle? Mine chirps for a few minutes until warmed up.😟
Yes! I bought it yesterday and had no problems. Go to start it up this morning and had one very loud chirp when starting it. It chirps once at startup every time now. Any idea what it is?

Back