DEAL Price Protected: Koons $8000 off Wrangler 392

DEAL

Koons_Jeep

Reaction score
Current Rides
Wrangler 392
If you did not already know or hear, Koons is doing $8,000 off of MSRP on factory orders!!!!

We of course will continue the following:

6% Below Invoice on all other Jeep Orders

$10,000 off MSRP or 11% below MSRP whichever is greater on the TRX

DODGE is at 6% below Invoice with the exception of Super Stock which is 5% below invoice. Jailbreaks are not included due to allocation restraints.

ALL ORDERS ARE 100% PRICE PROTECTED!!

Plus your states tax, tags and $899 Processing Fee.

Please email Koonsgroupbuy@koons.com with the PDF from Rams website and we will build and price it out for you! Please do not call the dealership as only a select few handle this program.

Have a 2023 order in with you folks already. Sounds like you're busy.

Keep us updated on any 20th anniversary banks that may open up.

Look forward to traveling down to NoVA and trying to avoid getting pulled over on 495 on my way back. haha.

Don’t forget the ~$1000 Dealer Processing Fee. It’s Koons… and Northern Virginia… not a good a combination.
Yea after all said and done they were still cheapest by a few thousand

If I lived closer to them I would jump on this offer. A $1,000 deposit seems pretty fair to me to lock in such a good deal. If you think you may not be in a position to make the purchase, then don’t sign the contract!

If I lived closer to them I would jump on this offer. A $1,000 deposit seems pretty fair to me to lock in such a good deal. If you think you may not be in a position to make the purchase, then don’t sign the contract!
It's ridiculously one-sided. They can't order 392's unless they are "sold" orders, so they NEED you to order. Let's start there.

Second, you need to give them a non-refundable $1,000 payment right now- with ZERO timeline, promise if delivery, or consideration for the buyer. Once they have your money, it's theirs. But let's say you need to back out which no one here wants to but it could happen (lose a job, health reasons, whatever), they now have your 392 on the lot that they can (AND ABSOLUTELY WILL) sell for $10K over. So why do they need to keep your $1k? To make it $19K and fatten the cow? Meanwhile, your dire situation is now worse because you and your family are now out $1,000.00. Don't even think about how you could have used that money for the time they have it. What are they doing with it? Hoping you can't get the vehicle out so they get $1,000 of your free cash and then sell at a massive ADM and laugh at you.

Where's the stipulation that if THEY don't hold up to their end that you get compensated? What if you pass up a deal at another dealership and never get a 392 delivered by this one? After all, they offered you zero guarantee of getting a vehicle, no timeline, and it's all about them. Oh, and pay them their $899 dealer fee and you must finance through them. That means they get to choose your interest rate and can even determine if you get the truck and the payment you will get.

Why was no deposit required just a few months ago, but now its back to $1,000? Why not have it be refundable? Why not $500? Because they don't care about you, bottom line.

RIDICULOUS.

So if you can't buy, they will gladly take your $1,000.00 deposit and then sell your 392 for $10K over.... pocketing $18K more... plus YOUR $1,000 for allowing them to order your "SOLD" unit.
Not ridiculous at all.

Pretty standard practice, you'll find many, if not most, dealerships will require a non-refundable deposit on 392 orders. This is to prevent everyone and their mom (who may or may not be remotely serious about taking delivery of the jeep) from placing orders all over town, then backing out, and ruining it for the rest of us who are serious about buying.

This dealer is going out of their way to make 392 orders available at an incredible price point to people in this forum who want one. It's perfectly reasonable for them to want to protect themselves from spam orders.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Not ridiculous at all.

Pretty standard practice, you'll find many, if not most, dealerships will require a non-refundable deposit on 392 orders. This is to prevent everyone and their mom (who may or may not be remotely serious about taking delivery of the jeep) from placing orders all over town, then backing out, and ruining it for the rest of us who are serious about buying.

This dealer is going out of their way to make 392 orders available at an incredible price point to people in this forum who want one. It's perfectly reasonable for them to want to protect themselves from spam orders.

Not everything is a conspiracy.
I don't get what you're saying about Spam orders- The dealership literally makes $10-20K more if you back out!! The plan is one-sided HOPING you do back out, if you read it. Lots of ambiguity like the 14 days you have from the time it's at their dealership... If they don't contact you until day 7, you then have 7 days to put everything together or you lose the truck and your $1K. There's nothing there that says they are required to contact you on day 1 or make an effort on day 1.

And I ask you this- Who is the forum contact person at the dealership? There is none. They don't really care if you have a contact person on a $90K deal! That's a huge red flag in and of itself.

I know it just seems like I'm a conspiracy theorist, but I assure you I speak from experiences on these type of orders and dealers that offer the deals. If the terms are fair and balanced, then I have no problem with them. I've seen it all, however, unfortunately.

I am NOT against this dealership, only throwing a sense of caution to anyone looking. It's good to be informed!

I'm sure there's a long line of buyers anyways.. best of luck to both them and the dealership! Hope to see you on the trails!! :)

The dealership literally makes $10-20K more if you back out!! The plan is one-sided HOPING you do back out, if you read it. Lots of ambiguity like the 14 days you have from the time it's at their dealership... If they don't contact you until day 7, you then have 7 days to put everything together or you lose the truck and your $1K. There's nothing there that says they are required to contact you on day 1 or make an effort on day 1.
I definitely hear what you're saying, I just don't think the logic follows. Of course it's possible (and common) for dealerships to be super sneaky, act in bad faith, have shady practices, etc. Just because many dealers act shady, doesn't mean this one is acting shady. The issue here is the non-refundable $1000 deposit, though: If the goal here was just to trick people into placing orders... then I'd think dealers would just make all the orders free, wouldn't they? They'd get way more orders, then they could *still* do all the things you're talking about. Doesn't add up to me.
And I ask you this- Who is the forum contact person at the dealership? There is none. They don't really care if you have a contact person on a $90K deal! That's a huge red flag in and of itself.
When I placed an order, I was assigned a salesperson, or a contact in the internet/fleet department. In my case (again, not at Koons), I got paired with an internet sales contact person who has been incredibly knowledgeable, super kind, and instantly responsive to all of my questions and concerns. We've spoken on the phone several times and exchanged many an email. She has handled a TON of other people's orders on this forum. We all refer to her on a first-name basis because she has earned her credibility and trust of people on this forum.
I'm sure there's a long line of buyers anyways.. best of luck to both them and the dealership!
I don't have a clue about Koons, and I would definitely do my research (as I did for my forum dealer). Our dealer sends updates weekly-ish with everyone's progress on their order on a giant spreadsheet (with status codes, etc). Everyone posts their happy stories of picking up their jeeps. I think there are like 40-50 jeeps on order through them at any given time. These dealers on the forums offering the good deals on orders are playing the volume game, not looking to bait-and-switch.

Bottom line is the deposit isn't sketchy or ridiculous. Dealerships certainly can be (check out my post from the other day to see my experience). That's why I'm happy to have found this forum, where we'd ROAST a dealership if they were being sketchy.

Hope to see you on the trails!! :)
IF MY DANG JEEP WOULD SHOW UP ONE OF THESE DAYS :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Definitely looking forward to hitting the trails again soon, I'm only 5 months into my wait (some people waited sooo much longer). But I'm really looking forward to it! See ya on the trails soon I hope!! ✌️✌️✌️

I'll say this as well: Back when I ordered a 75 A from them in 2016, I decided I wanted to add an option a week or two after my order was in. Of course they got to sell my original order, but they just transferred my deposit to the new order.

Fast forward, I ordered a 22 non XR in April. When I found out the 23 banks opened with XR back again, they let me just put in an order for a 23 and transferred my deposit over. Again, they get to sell the 22 I ordered on their lot when it comes in, but that wasn't the original plan and they didn't make me put in another deposit (even though they probably technically could since I signed the original purchase order agreeing to the fee).

It would be nice if the deposit was refundable, but again, as dog pointed out, they also want to stop people from just putting in orders left and right and then backing out. Yes they would get to sell the jeeps on their lot, but there is no real reason those need to be produced and jam up the production line when the rest of us are waiting on our orders to be built anyway.

I'll say this as well: Back when I ordered a 75 A from them in 2016, I decided I wanted to add an option a week or two after my order was in. Of course they got to sell my original order, but they just transferred my deposit to the new order.

Fast forward, I ordered a 22 non XR in April. When I found out the 23 banks opened with XR back again, they let me just put in an order for a 23 and transferred my deposit over. Again, they get to sell the 22 I ordered on their lot when it comes in, but that wasn't the original plan and they didn't make me put in another deposit (even though they probably technically could since I signed the original purchase order agreeing to the fee).

It would be nice if the deposit was refundable, but again, as dog pointed out, they also want to stop people from just putting in orders left and right and then backing out. Yes they would get to sell the jeeps on their lot, but there is no real reason those need to be produced and jam up the production line when the rest of us are waiting on our orders to be built anyway.
they need a conversion rate of 80%+ for order to sold for same person or they loose allocation on dealer orders. Mark in Lake charls is asking 1k + you have to sign a paper you wont sell for 6 months. Not sure why so upset there's 1k deposit unless you plan reselling and cant predict if in 5 months when your order comes the market is still red hot.

they need a conversion rate of 80%+ for order to sold for same person or they loose allocation on dealer orders. Mark in Lake charls is asking 1k + you have to sign a paper you wont sell for 6 months. Not sure why so upset there's 1k deposit unless you plan reselling and cant predict if in 5 months when your order comes the market is still red hot.
Has nothing to do with the re-selling. The contract is one-sided, period. The dealership has nothing to lose no matter what, while you have an unspecified wait, no interest on your $1K, and then of course you better move fast when the vehicle arrives to make them happy. 14 days SHOULD be enough, but what if you're in the hospital, on vacation, overseas, etc., and need 17 days?

1. No time frame of production. ZERO. It could take a year. Too bad for you.
2. Who's getting the interest on that $1K? You could be using it for bills, gas, etc., until you need it when your Jeep comes in.
3. Are they selling the ones people backed out on for $8K under minus the $1K you gave them (non-refundable)? Nope. $10K over. So they are making $19K if you can't buy the vehicle.
4. I initially looked into Koons, and I didn't see a contact person. When I called and talked to them, I got the run around. They seemed to think they were doing me a favor. I didn't get that from other discount jeep dealers.

Again, So what if you back out... no one in their right mind would. But then they have a super-high demand vehicle sitting on their lot and the ones they have are marked up $10K over.

And lets get this straight- I'm all for the $1K deposit to make sure you are a legit buyer. It's the non-refundable part that's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with the re-selling. The contract is one-sided, period. The dealership has nothing to lose no matter what, while you have an unspecified wait, no interest on your $1K, and then of course you better move fast when the vehicle arrives to make them happy. 14 days SHOULD be enough, but what if you're in the hospital, on vacation, overseas, etc., and need 17 days?

1. No time frame of production. ZERO. It could take a year. Too bad for you.
2. Who's getting the interest on that $1K? You could be using it for bills, gas, etc., until you need it when your Jeep comes in.
3. Are they selling the ones people backed out on for $8K under minus the $1K you gave them (non-refundable)? Nope. $10K over. So they are making $19K if you can't buy the vehicle.
4. I initially looked into Koons, and I didn't see a contact person. When I called and talked to them, I got the run around. They seemed to think they were doing me a favor. I didn't get that from other discount jeep dealers.

Again, So what if you back out... no one in their right mind would. But then they have a super-high demand vehicle sitting on their lot and the ones they have are marked up $10K over.

And lets get this straight- I'm all for the $1K deposit to make sure you are a legit buyer. It's the non-refundable part that's ridiculous.
you have a clear koon's grudge. Compounded interest on 1k at national rate is about $10 . They do give deposit back for life changing occurrences ex health issues. You called them when everyone knows you have to email. 14 days is the requirement set by Stellantis for your order to be price protected. They have no control over production times. Koons has many flaws , they do screw you on overcharging on taxes, they have big dealer fees but is nothing what you mentioned. Every dealer outthere has the same requirements as Koon's when placing a factory order.

Koons has been offering deals to the RAM TRX community for the past year and the feedback has been very positive:

Another recent review:

Lived in DC 30 years, Koons are good people, Darcars is the one you want to avoid

Yea after all said and done they were still cheapest by a few thousand
If it comes in and you cant swing it, I have a dealers license so I can take it and get your k back

It's ridiculously one-sided. They can't order 392's unless they are "sold" orders, so they NEED you to order. Let's start there.

Second, you need to give them a non-refundable $1,000 payment right now- with ZERO timeline, promise if delivery, or consideration for the buyer. Once they have your money, it's theirs. But let's say you need to back out which no one here wants to but it could happen (lose a job, health reasons, whatever), they now have your 392 on the lot that they can (AND ABSOLUTELY WILL) sell for $10K over. So why do they need to keep your $1k? To make it $19K and fatten the cow? Meanwhile, your dire situation is now worse because you and your family are now out $1,000.00. Don't even think about how you could have used that money for the time they have it. What are they doing with it? Hoping you can't get the vehicle out so they get $1,000 of your free cash and then sell at a massive ADM and laugh at you.

Where's the stipulation that if THEY don't hold up to their end that you get compensated? What if you pass up a deal at another dealership and never get a 392 delivered by this one? After all, they offered you zero guarantee of getting a vehicle, no timeline, and it's all about them. Oh, and pay them their $899 dealer fee and you must finance through them. That means they get to choose your interest rate and can even determine if you get the truck and the payment you will get.

Why was no deposit required just a few months ago, but now its back to $1,000? Why not have it be refundable? Why not $500? Because they don't care about you, bottom line.
Ordered 392 on 03/22 from Koons and picked it up last week.
The deal could not have been any easier. The deal was to the penny of what they quoted me when I ordered.
Communication with the dealership was top notch,as they responded to my check ins within a short while.

There is no stipulation to finance, as I paid cash with no issue.

Just one guy’s 2 pennies.

Back