Picked up my gently used 392 this week

guruman

Reaction score
Current Rides
2023 Rubicon 392 20th Anniversary Edition, 1996 M1078 rolling fortress
I've been a Jeep guy for a long time. This is my 26th Jeep.

My old Jeep is a 2013 JKUR, modified to the hilt, including a custom overloading trailer made from the remnants of a totaled JKU. To make a long story short-ish, my wife's Yukon ate the camshaft, and parts are delayed. The old Jeep is modified to the point where it's kind of a handful to drive, and my wife hated driving it.

I went looking for something easier to manage on the road. I was looking for a Diesel Gladiator, when I stumbled on this 12k mile 392 sitting on a local Toyota dealer lot. I knew one of the sales guys, so I called him up, and before you know it, it lives with me now.

Congrats! One can never have too many Jeeps. Once you toss the keys to your wife, you may have a hard time getting them back!

I've been a Jeep guy for a long time. This is my 26th Jeep.

My old Jeep is a 2013 JKUR, modified to the hilt, including a custom overloading trailer made from the remnants of a totaled JKU. To make a long story short-ish, my wife's Yukon ate the camshaft, and parts are delayed. The old Jeep is modified to the point where it's kind of a handful to drive, and my wife hated driving it.

I went looking for something easier to manage on the road. I was looking for a Diesel Gladiator, when I stumbled on this 12k mile 392 sitting on a local Toyota dealer lot. I knew one of the sales guys, so I called him up, and before you know it, it lives with me now.
Congratulation! Pictures are greatly appreciated

Congratulation! Pictures are greatly appreciated
Fair point. Stand by..

I only have on pic of the new rig... the weather has been too nasty here in Indiana for doing much outdoors. I've spent all my time driving it instead of looking at it.

69025921179__A3CE20D7-0147-47BD-9CD2-846867C4FDBB-1.jpg

I've got about a million pics of the old one as I'm looking to get. it sold at some point.
IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

...and a pic of my new overlanding rig for fun. This will get a camper box on the back and will replace the old Jeep and trailer for extended exploration. I might even tow the 392 around to have something "small" to go into town in.

313870003_5854975527887832_4775103640636802635_n.jpg

Fair point. Stand by..

I only have on pic of the new rig... the weather has been too nasty here in Indiana for doing much outdoors. I've spent all my time driving it instead of looking at it.

View attachment 14785

I've got about a million pics of the old one as I'm looking to get. it sold at some point.
View attachment 14786
View attachment 14787
congratulations again, can’t wait for mine to finally get here (has taken longer than my Trackhawk and TRX….). Thanks for sharing, I’ve had a few jeeps over the years too ;), here’s a few of my current rigs….

waiting on my Sarge XR which has been D/D1 for 110 days

Attachments

• DE16912F-DB54-4BFC-92B7-61623B1A163F.jpeg
    DE16912F-DB54-4BFC-92B7-61623B1A163F.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 24
Welcome to the forum @guruman and congrats on the 392! I think you've owned the most Jeeps out of anyone else here on the forum. (y)

Congrats on the 392. I really like that trailer.

Welcome to the forum @guruman and congrats on the 392! I think you've owned the most Jeeps out of anyone else here on the forum. (y)
I tend to go through vehicles.... I get bored easily. It was worse when I was younger.
26 Jeeps, a Bronco, several K5 Blazers, a few Scouts ,a couple old Landcruisers, a H1 Hummer, this HUGE Stewart and Stevenson Military truck..... and that's just the 4x4 stuff

I tend to switch back and forth between Offroad rigs and sports cars, so I've been through a fair amount of those two. Starting with a 79 Mercury Capri RS with a twin turbo v8 build by John Lingenfelter when I was too young to know who he was. Several Bmws, a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, a Tesla S p85d

Plus a ton of more ordinary rigs for getting to work and fetching groceries and home improvement supplies.

Congrats on the 392. I really like that trailer.
I'm kind of hoping the Jeep and trailer makes some overlander with some disposable income very excited and I can get top dollar for them as a turnkey set. Might help offset some of the cost of this new 392.....

Back