Painting the Beadlock Rings

J3E9E2P

Reaction score
Current Rides
392 Wrangler 2021
Im expecting my 392 in a couple weeks. I want to paint the bealock rings the same hydro blue color. I’m looking for advice if I should A) buy the Mopar paint online and paint them myself? B) have them Powder Coated? Or C) take them to an auto body shop and have them professionally painted?
I appreciate any thoughts and/or suggestions. TYIA

I'd probably take them to a body/paint shop that way you'll know they're done right, but this is coming from a guy who can't change a tire so take my words lightly.

It's very easy to do yourself honestly. Just need to wet sand the rings, clean them, primer, Mopar Spray Paint(several coats), then clear it. Did this with tow hooks, badges, D rings, ect.

Im expecting my 392 in a couple weeks. I want to paint the bealock rings the same hydro blue color. I’m looking for advice if I should A) buy the Mopar paint online and paint them myself? B) have them Powder Coated? Or C) take them to an auto body shop and have them professionally painted?
I appreciate any thoughts and/or suggestions. TYIA
Great minds think a like. My Jeep should be at the dealer in two weeks as well. I’m also getting hydro blue and this though popped into my head. I’ll be curious to know what you decide upon.

I got mine powder coated. I originally bought paint to do myself and figured the paint wouldn’t last as long as the powder coat
C9B01E71-210E-431D-A796-9F215BAEC63A.jpeg

Thanks everyone. I ended up Powder coating them. Turned out great!
Looks good!

I am late to the party on this post but for what it's worth I would have suggested painting them yourself if you wheel your Jeep much. The rings are likely to get some rock rash and you would have the knowledge and paint color to cover that yourself.

I had mine powder coated for $25.00 a rim.
tire1.jpg

Attachments

• tire2.jpg
    tire2.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 173
Back