Overall Height of a Stock 392 with the XR 35 inch wheel package.

frasco518

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Jeep 392
Hello All,

I have a call into the customer care center at Jeep customer care and its been already over a week and they can not answer my question.
This is a very simple question. The question Is: What is the overall height of a stock jeep 392 with the XR package.

Jeep.com build your own should list what the XR package does to the weights and measures with this package. It clearly changes the height and weight, heavier tires and taller tires.
Not sure what happens with the non Fox shocks and what calibration they use for the non fox shock what that does to the height as well. I also think the lift is different from stock 392 vs stock 392 with the XR package.

I measured my stock 2021 jeep 392 without the XR package that has the sky one touch roof by putting a strip of straight wood molding across the the roof midway from front to back and it measures about 73.6 inches give or take just a bit since I cant guarantee the ground the tires sit on is flat.

Can someone please measure their stock 392 with XR package with the sky one touch roof similar to the way I measured.

I used a strip of wood thin and straight and gently laid it across the width of the jeep midway from front to back and simply took a tape measure and measured from the ground to the wood strip.

I really appreciate anyone's help Thank you,

Frank

the standard 392 is 74.5 inches tall. Add 1 inch for the tires on the XR. You are at 75.5.

it will fit in a typical 7 foot garage which is about 84 inches.

This would be accurate if the standard 392 lift is the same as the XR 392 lift.
This is why I ask for someone to please measure it. The lift is different on the two and the shocks are different also, so to assume the tire difference of 1" 'just wont do it. So 74.5 for the standard 392 I agree with but you just cant say plus 1" for the tires.

This would be accurate if the standard 392 lift is the same as the XR 392 lift.

there is a slight difference. I saw it broken down on a different message board but can't find it right now At most the 392 XR was like 76 inches.

there is a slight difference. I saw it broken down on a different message board but can't find it right now At most the 392 XR was like 76 inches.
I would be real interested in seeing it. I understand the shocks are different but dont know about springs or other components.

I would be real interested in seeing it. I understand the shocks are different but dont know about springs or other components.

The spring rates are different as the XR is heavier. However, it doesn't appear to be clear or verified the lift is any different from the standard 392. On another board, someone posted a pic of a standard 392 next to a 392 XR and the XR is slightly taller. It is barely perceptible. At a minimum it is the 1 inch from the 35 inch tires, but I'd be surprised if it is more than an additional .5 inch beyond that.

This is why I ask for someone to please measure it. The lift is different on the two and the shocks are different also, so to assume the tire difference of 1" 'just wont do it. So 74.5 for the standard 392 I agree with but you just cant say plus 1" for the tires.
I may have missed it, but did you ever get a response to this question in regards to the height of the 392 with the XR package?

77.5 inches. 6.48 foot

Above is the response that I got a few weeks back in response to the same question on a different thread.

Where do you get this information? The only heavier component on the XR would be wheels and tires. An increase in unsprung weight would not effect the need for different spring rate.
On a different message board a jeep product manager mentioned it when responding to questions about why the xr isnt using the fox shocks

77.5 inches. 6.48 foot

Above is the response that I got a few weeks back in response to the same question on a different thread.
I am still waiting for someone to help with an actual measurement, I did not get a response from Jeep customer care yet and just cant believe the 77.5 inch dimension. Anyone if you can please measure your stock 392 XR Please.

I am still waiting for someone to help with an actual measurement, I did not get a response from Jeep customer care yet and just cant believe the 77.5 inch dimension. Anyone if you can please measure your stock 392 XR Please.
Hi did you ever got a response

My 392 XR (with the one-touch top closed) measures right at 76” at it’s highest point.

However, keep in mind that with the one-touch top open, it raises the overall height a few inches (see photo).

Attachments

• 9899B468-B800-43CD-BA48-4D11B27A0430.png
    9899B468-B800-43CD-BA48-4D11B27A0430.png
    1 MB · Views: 388
My 392 XR (with the one-touch top closed) measures right at 76” at it’s highest point.

However, keep in mind that with the one-touch top open, it raises the overall height a few inches (see photo).
Great thank you so much. Finally I know

Great thank you so much. Finally I know
Happy to help. I was in the same situation as you until I finally got mine. I keep mine in a “John Deere” room, which only has a 7 foot door.

Fortunately it fits with no problem, although I do always make certain to have the one touch top fully closed whenever I drive it into that garage.

Thank you. wow that’s kind of tall. That’s good that u are able to put it in.
would you be able to tell me how wide it is ?
For a stock 392 XR, it is right at 79” wide from the outer sidewalls of the factory rear BFG‘s on stock wheels at normal operating pressure.

The factory fender flare extensions are also almost perfectly in line with both the front and rear outer sidewalls.

For a stock 392 XR, it is right at 79” wide from the outer sidewalls of the factory rear BFG‘s on stock wheels at normal operating pressure.

The factory fender flare extensions are also almost perfectly in line with both the front and rear outer sidewalls.
79” wide.
Thank you

Back