Order status and Jeep chat

If they make the 20th i will definitely grab one, i'm sure the resale value is even higher.

Me: *looks at 10A Edition resale values against comparable regular JK Rubicons*
Also Me: "Don't hold your breath."

Also Me: "Don't hold your breath.

Also Me: "Don't hold your breath."
Hahahaha..10A also did not have a 392. 392XR or With AEV totally different from 10A. I can't believe you would compare a 10A to a 392 lmao. Wow!!! You're too stuck with stickers and other "special models". With the 392 everything changes. A 392 Rubicon with 20th, trust me it'll cost more, even with just stickers.

Hahahaha..10A also did not have a 392. 392XR or With AEV totally different from 10A. I can't believe you would compare a 10A to a 392 lmao. Wow!!! You're too stuck with stickers and other "special models". With the 392 everything changes. A 392 Rubicon with 20th, trust me it'll cost more, even with just stickers.

I didn't compare the 10A to the 392... I compared a 10A JK Rubicon to a comparable regular JK Rubicon... On the JK market, 10A Rubicons hold little to no perceivable resale advantage versus regular JK Rubicons with similar mileage of the same year, because people realize that the 10A package was nothing more than red leather seats, a badge, a hood, and some steel bumpers. The appearance package (minus the badge and the red leather, which many did not like) was then bastardized to the 2014-2015 JK Rubicons via the Rubicon X and Rubicon Hard Rock (as well as the 2016-18 Rubicon Recons, granted the Recon package had slightly beefier axles). The aftermarket was then flooded with the bumpers, hoods, and rock rails).

But, this just reinforces my point - People have gotten wise to Jeep's game, and when it comes to the resale market 10 years from now, assuming they are kept stock and have similar mileage, there will be little to no difference in resale between a 2023 regular 392 and a 2023 20A Edition regular 392, or a 2023 392XR and a 2023 20A 392XR, because they will be the exact same, save for the hood sticker, a fugly grille (if they implement it), and possibly a 20A badge (and maybe some red leather seats, which were not widely liked)...

But, believe what you will.

I didn't compare the 10A to the 392... I compared a 10A JK Rubicon to a comparable regular JK Rubicon... On the JK market, 10A Rubicons hold little to no perceivable resale advantage versus regular JK Rubicons with similar mileage of the same year, because people realize that the 10A package was nothing more than red leather seats, a badge, a hood, and some steel bumpers. The appearance package (minus the badge and the red leather, which many did not like) was then bastardized to the 2014-2015 JK Rubicons via the Rubicon X and Rubicon Hard Rock (as well as the 2016-18 Rubicon Recons, granted the Recon package had slightly beefier axles). The aftermarket was then flooded with the bumpers, hoods, and rock rails).

But, this just reinforces my point - People have gotten wise to Jeep's game, and when it comes to the resale market 10 years from now, assuming they are kept stock and have similar mileage, there will be little to no difference in resale between a 2023 regular 392 and a 2023 20A Edition regular 392, or a 2023 392XR and a 2023 20A 392XR, because they will be the exact same, save for the hood sticker, a fugly grille (if they implement it), and possibly a 20A badge (and maybe some red leather seats, which were not widely liked)...

But, believe what you will.
Ok ok i'll take that into consideration...I still think the 20th is worth waiting for if patience is there. Like i said, if this Jeep i ordered keeps stretching more, i might jusy settle for a regular 392 and send it to AEV.

Ok ok i'll take that into consideration...I still think the 20th is worth waiting for if patience is there. Like i said, if this Jeep i ordered keeps stretching more, i might jusy settle for a regular 392 and send it to AEV.

You've seen the 20th, right? It's literally a 392XR with the same hood, same axles, same bumpers, same wheels, same tires, same frame, same engine, a fugly grille, a different hood sticker, and optional red leather (which looks terrible with some colors and shows dirt easier than black leather).

And, for that? They'll probably want another $4K.

My 392XR is going straight to AEV from the factory... But the 4.56 gears will be factory, and thus the whole drivetrain will stay under factory warranty.

You've seen the 20th, right? It's literally a 392XR with the same hood, same axles, same bumpers, same wheels, same tires, same frame, same engine, a fugly grille, a different hood sticker, and optional red leather (which looks terrible with some colors and shows dirt easier than black leather).

My 392XR is going straight to AEV from the factory... But the 4.56 gears will be factory, and thus the whole drivetrain will stay under factory warrantthat

My 392XR is going straight to AEV from the factory... But the 4.56 gears will be factory, and thus the whole drivetrain will stay under factory warranty.
That's actually my 1st choice, instead of getting the XR just get the regular 392 and send it to AEV for a JL370 then i can get the 4.56 and all that jazz. My dealer still has no idea what's takimg so long.

That's actually my 1st choice, instead of getting the XR just get the regular 392 and send it to AEV for a JL370.

Don't worry, I'll post pics of my 392XR JL370 conversion for you to salivate over while you wait. ;)

Don't worry, I'll post pics of my 392XR JL370 conversion for you to salivate over while you wait. ;)
All I can say, is I am happy as hell with my 2022 XR totally stock. Maybe you guys or Jeep with the 20th will improve upon it. But when I look in the garage and see it sitting there it just makes me smile. And when you get behind the wheel, forget about it it’s crazy. I definitely wanted the 4:56 gears from the factory though. I wasn’t about to not jump in when I could hoping for something else better later. Get ‘em while they last. And one last note, I’m never selling this thing so I’m not worried about resale value.

Attachments

• 8AF1C660-AAB1-4799-9404-4424AF1BDBF5.png
    8AF1C660-AAB1-4799-9404-4424AF1BDBF5.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
All I can say, is I am happy as hell with my 2022 XR totally stock. Maybe you guys or Jeep with the 20th will improve upon it. But when I look in the garage and see it sitting there it just makes me smile. And when you get behind the wheel, forget about it it’s crazy. I definitely wanted the 4:56 gears from the factory though. I wasn’t about to not jump in when I could hoping for something else better later. Get ‘em while they last. And one last note, I’m never selling this thing so I’m not worried about resale value.
Why not get the regular 392 if your plan is to JL370 it anyway? Are they gonna deduct the 35 inch tires, capable beadlock wheels, tiny very tiny fender flares, fake fox shocks, etc... from your built?

Why not get the regular 392 if your plan is to JL370 it anyway? Are they gonna deduct the 35 inch tires, capable beadlock wheels, tiny very tiny fender flares, fake fox shocks, etc... from your built?
If you're meaning to reply to me... Even though I am sending it directly to AEV from the factory for the JL370 conversion, I am going with the XR for the 4.56 gearing from the factory which puts those gears under factory powertrain warranty, which is longer than the 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty on the rest of the Jeep (and, if I opt for any extended warranty, they are covered by that as well).

I am having them swap the Mopar beadlock capable wheels (which now have fugly looking trim rings due to supply chain issues) and the 35" tires for AEV Borah wheels with 37" KO2s... I will sell the takeoffs and probably recoup at least 75% of the cost of the XR package from selling them. AEV will give me a gearing credit since I will already have the 4.56 gears, which saves me money on that side of things. I'll sell the bumpers and rear tow hook to someone with a Sarge Green Jeep that likes the bronze accents, and I'll sell the XR suspension bits to someone with a non-XR Jeep that wants to keep their Jeep "as stock as possible" but still run 35s... There are plenty of people that will buy those things at the right price.

Ultimately, I'll come out even or slightly ahead versus not ordering the XR package, and I'll have factory powertrain warranty intact.

The AEV bumpers are lightyears ahead of the stock stuff in terms of functionality, protection, and aesthetics. I have them on my 2021 Rubicon. They are fantastic.

i-kRsTwVF-X2.jpg

If you're meaning to reply to me... Even though I am sending it directly to AEV from the factory for the JL370 conversion, I am going with the XR for the 4.56 gearing from the factory which puts those gears under factory powertrain warranty, which is longer than the 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty on the rest of the Jeep (and, if I opt for any extended warranty, they are covered by that as well).

I am having them swap the Mopar beadlock capable wheels (which now have fugly looking trim rings due to supply chain issues) and the 35" tires for AEV Borah wheels with 37" KO2s... I will sell the takeoffs and probably recoup at least 75% of the cost of the XR package from selling them. AEV will give me a gearing credit since I will already have the 4.56 gears, which saves me money on that side of things. I'll sell the bumpers and rear tow hook to someone with a Sarge Green Jeep that likes the bronze accents, and I'll sell the XR suspension bits to someone with a non-XR Jeep that wants to keep their Jeep "as stock as possible" but still run 35s... There are plenty of people that will buy those things at the right price.

Ultimately, I'll come out even or slightly ahead versus not ordering the XR package, and I'll have factory powertrain warranty intact.
All that price tag and still have to work for it and hopingto get something back . Maybe last year, not anymore. Good luck! doing all of that now. Like you said, whatever floats your boat.
I thought AEV manufactured Jeep will honor bumper to bumper warranty anyway. Hmmmm....

Last edited:
All that price tag and still have to work for it and hopingto get something back . Maybe last year, not anymore. Good luck! doing all of that now. Like you said, whatever floats your boat.

The XR package is less than $4K. The XR wheels and tires are currently selling for around or slightly over $3K in most major markets, including my own. I can easily sell just the factory front bumper for $500-$600… that is what they are selling for where I am. I can easily sell the factory rear bumper for $300… I can easily sell the XR suspension for $300.

You know how much 4.56 gears are on the aftermarket? $2K+ in my area, and about $2,200 from AEV. Even if I only sold the XR parts for $1,800 (which would be easier than slapping a baby), I’d break even on the deal.

I don’t have to do a damn bit of work. AEV is doing all the work. As for selling the stuff, all I need to do is snap a couple of pictures in my garage, post the items on Facebook marketplace and the forums, and the buyer comes to me with cash in hand… it’s almost like, *gasp*, I’ve done this before. ;)

I appreciate you worrying about money that’s not yours, though.

The XR package is less than $4K. The XR wheels and tires are currently selling for around or slightly over $3K in most major markets, including my own. I can easily sell just the factory front bumper for $500-$600… that is what they are selling for where I am. I can easily sell the factory rear bumper for $300… I can easily sell the XR suspension for $300.

You know how much 4.56 gears are on the aftermarket? $2K+ in my area, and about $2,200 from AEV. Even if I only sold the XR parts for $1,800 (which would be easier than slapping a baby), I’d break even on the deal.

I don’t have to do a damn bit of work. AEV is doing all the work. As for selling the stuff, all I need to do is snap a couple of pictures in my garage, post the items on Facebook marketplace and the forums, and the buyer comes to me with cash in hand… it’s almost like, *gasp*, I’ve done this before. ;)

I appreciate you worrying about money that’s not yours, though.
Just looking out, i'm salivating right now.

Anyone been in I for 2 months? I'm getting close to that. I thought if I was waiting on doors, I would have gone to JB at least.

I called jeep about it and got the requisite 'case number' and pat on the head already (useless).

Anyone been in I for 2 months? I'm getting close to that. I thought if I was waiting on doors, I would have gone to JB at least.

I called jeep about it and got the requisite 'case number' and pat on the head already (useless).
1 day shy of 2 months in i. Then got built. Now its been waiting to get shipped. No half doors. Just xr with some options

Went into production today!

i-N6JWXf4-X2.png
What site is this? I need one more place to go to give me what I need to cry myself to sleep every night. Ordered on 7/12/22 and still in C status.

What site is this? I need one more place to go to give me what I need to cry myself to sleep every night. Ordered on 7/12/22 and still in C status.
JeepTracker... Next person that asks wins a prize.

JeepTracker... Next person that asks wins a prize.
what site is that....:ROFLMAO:

let me know if you need my address for prize or maybe someone can just get my jeep built that would be prize enough.

392OVRLND - nice build, mine is the same except I have the SOT...we will have the fastest color - unfortunately still in D1 to D regress for 130 days....

good luck with your build

Back