Order Date /D1 status/Delivery Date/State ordered

Officially placed my order for a '22 with XR. So excited.

Sting Gray
Hard Top
Front Camera

Now I just have to figure out how to tell the wife...:eek:
Please video it - we’d like to see how it goes for you. - w/ so few extras it should come soon

Officially placed my order for a '22 with XR. So excited.

Sting Gray
Hard Top
Front Camera

Now I just have to figure out how to tell the wife...:eek:
Awesome! Choosing a color was the hardest part. Since my JK is Anvil I decided to stay with the gray and the more I see them I am glad I did. I really like the gold/bronze against the sting gray.

Here's what I told my wife. We can spend a whole bunch of money on testosterone supplements or we can buy a Jeep with a hemi. Our 392XR should be here next week.....

Wonder if Jeep is ramping up to make sure they get the backlog of 21's completed on time before the December shutdown?
Interesting that they are shipping at all w/ the chip shortages. I read the other day that new chip orders are taking up to 51 weeks… possibly they had pre-ordered chips for these since they are new to the market??

Awesome! Choosing a color was the hardest part. Since my JK is Anvil I decided to stay with the gray and the more I see them I am glad I did. I really like the gold/bronze against the sting gray.

Here's what I told my wife. We can spend a whole bunch of money on testosterone supplements or we can buy a Jeep with a hemi. Our 392XR should be here next week.....

I think I'll be happy with Sting Gray. It really came down to that or white for me. All the colors are nice in their own way. I think the gray will age well as my goal is for this to be a car I have for a decade or longer.

I know she will be upset as it really isn't a rational purchase and I certainly don't need a new car. However, I am getting close to 50 and I've always loved off road like cars even if it is basically going to be a daily driver mall crawler although Chicago streets might as well be off road. I like Jeeps, but I wanted more power and when they stuffed the 392 in it and all the other features like ACC, heated seats, etc it finally ticked all the buttons to make it essentially a dream car so I said f*ck it. I'm getting one. I like rugged off road SUVs, but still want a few comforts and I think this 392 strikes the right balance of comforts but still is somewhat simple mechanically / tech wise. My dream car would be an Icon Bronco 4x4, but this is better value I can actually afford.

When I bought my motorcycle she wouldn't talk to me for about two weeks. She got over it. Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Like I told her then... if this is the worst I can do, consider yourself lucky. I could have a coke and stripper habit.

I think I'll be happy with Sting Gray. It really came down to that or white for me. All the colors are nice in their own way. I think the gray will age well as my goal is for this to be a car I have for a decade or longer.

I know she will be upset as it really isn't a rational purchase and I certainly don't need a new car. However, I am getting close to 50 and I've always loved off road like cars even if it is basically going to be a daily driver mall crawler although Chicago streets might as well be off road. I like Jeeps, but I wanted more power and when they stuffed the 392 in it and all the other features like ACC, heated seats, etc it finally ticked all the buttons to make it essentially a dream car so I said f*ck it. I'm getting one. I like rugged off road SUVs, but still want a few comforts and I think this 392 strikes the right balance of comforts but still is somewhat simple mechanically / tech wise. My dream car would be an Icon Bronco 4x4, but this is better value I can actually afford.

When I bought my motorcycle she wouldn't talk to me for about two weeks. She got over it. Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Like I told her then... if this is the worst I can do, consider yourself lucky. I could have a coke and stripper habit.
Amazing how we guys can rationalize anything.

Totally agree with the gray aging well. I will be selling the Anvil JK this weekend for more than I purchased it for 7 years ago. The buyer kept saying how she couldn't believe the Jeep was 7 years old as the paint is "so pretty." I never had PPF or Ceramic coating done to it, it was cared for with normal car washes but always garaged.

Honestly, the 392 was an easy decision for us. We knew we were going to spend some money on a Jeep. We were thinking of doing a Hemi swap in the JK, but the downside would of that would have been being limited by the design of the JK, specifically the QOL features you mention. Our other option was buying a new JL Rubicon but by the time we built it the way we wanted it was pushing 67K from the factory. So, paying another 10k for the 392 was a no brainer really. We get the best of both options this way.

I've heard that strippers and coke would be cheaper habit than being a Jeeper.

It often depends on what you ordered. If there were no extras that could account for the quick delivery date. What did you order ?
Red, added sound deadening headliners, and trail camera. Nothing special.

There are only a handful of options with the 392. Seemed like the only real options are half doors and roof choice along with if you want front camera.

There are only a handful of options with the 392. Seemed like the only real options are half doors and roof choice along with if you want front camera.
Yea I kept the hard top too. Wife isn’t a fan of the one touch.

Likely why it came so quick. The more extras added, the longer it seems to take. Such as doors, etc. We added headliners, tie downs (a waste), trail cam & floormats… we ordered 3-13, received 6-17.

Just received a ship date of DEC 14th. Really hoping it is a firm date. I
placed this order on 7/1. 392 * Recon pkg. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Just received a ship date of DEC 14th. Really hoping it is a firm date. I
placed this order on 7/1. 392 * Recon pkg. Fingers crossed.
We some… Best of Luck - what a FABULOUS Christmas Gift…

Ordered my white 392 XR in September, it’s done and has left the Toledo factory. It’s stuck now on a train in Michigan, maybe the train is waiting for more freight? Hopefully not too long.… Anyway, it then has to make it’s way down to Tampa FL, then get loaded on a truck for delivery to my local dealer. So I‘m hoping two weeks but who knows. Dealer says no ETA yet.

Ordered my white 392 XR in September, it’s done and has left the Toledo factory. It’s stuck now on a train in Michigan, maybe the train is waiting for more freight? Hopefully not too long.… Anyway, it then has to make it’s way down to Tampa FL, then get loaded on a truck for delivery to my local dealer. So I‘m hoping two weeks but who knows. Dealer says no ETA yet.
CONGRATS !!!
HATE THAT-waiting SUCKs…
Mine was two weeks from train date -so MAYBE yours will be too.
Funny it has to go to FL and then here. Basically that same distance… 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
Hopefully you’ll have it for Christmas… what an amazing gift.

Boulder, CO
Ordered 9-4-21
Delivered 11-6-21
9 weeks
Ordered dual top group, trailer, gorilla glass.
Basically everything except Recon, 1 touch top, 1/2 doors. Paid MSRP. The price went up $1k on the sticker but I got it for the sticker price prior to production.

Boulder, CO
Ordered 9-4-21
Delivered 11-6-21
9 weeks
Ordered dual top group, trailer, gorilla glass.
Basically everything except Recon, 1 touch top, 1/2 doors. Paid MSRP. The price went up $1k on the sticker but I got it for the sticker price prior to production.
That’s awesome - hope you are loving it.
I think when you don’t add a lot of the structural extras it comes pretty quick. Ours was March 13 - to June 17th… a full month sooner than expected.
We added the tow pkg, front camera, sound proofing, tie downs (which I THOUGHT were on the sides, not the floor so they are basically useless… wanted to add gorilla glass but it didn’t come out until after our order so we could not add it - hope you love it. We absolutely love ours. ENJOY…

CONGRATS !!!
HATE THAT-waiting SUCKs…
Mine was two weeks from train date -so MAYBE yours will be too.
Funny it has to go to FL and then here. Basically that same distance… 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
Hopefully you’ll have it for Christmas… what an amazing gift.

My dealer is only about a 45 minute drive from Tampa. So hopefully once it hits Tampa, my Jeep will arrive just a few days later.

Finally! Now to see how long before we get the call from the dealer!

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 9.50.21 AM.png

Back