One week old and the RHS turn signal stopped working...

392uk

Reaction score
Current Rides
2019 Jeep JL rubicon
Hi,

For no apparent reason, a warning flashed up on the dash to say the indicator (right hand) had stopped working. I've checked all the fuses and they're ok. My local dealer can't fit me in until mid November (what a sh*t show!) ... anyone any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance

Did you check all of the associated light bulbs?

Good point. I haven't, but I'd be surprised if both back and front blew at the same time. Will take a look though.

Good point. I haven't, but I'd be surprised if both back and front blew at the same time. Will take a look though.
If any one of the light bulbs burn out, front or rear, the turn signal feature will freeze. Simply turn on the flashers for the left side, and watch all of the bulbs light. I would do a video with my phone so I didn't miss any. Then, put the flashers on for the right side and make sure all of the corresponding bulbs are lit. If one is dark, replace it and your problem is solved. A loose ground on the right side might also be the issue.

The turn signal feature lights in the cabin are flashing at normal speed for left, and flash at about double speed for the right.

I do think its something loose, as it just started half way through a journey. A loose wire or ground sounds about right. Do you know where the ground wire can be found?

I just look for black wires under the car and under the hood, with an eyelet end, bolted into the body with a heavy duty sheet metal screw.

What are the lights on the outside front and rear of the car doing? You should also activate the emergency flashers and view ALL of the bulbs, inside and out, lighting up. With the right flasher on, do the front and back lights also flash at double speed?

thank you so much :) Will do a forensic search for this wire tomorrow morning!

Back