🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/466CPuu 🎁

New Z Automotive things coming

I just went and tested mine in 4Lo. The Select Speed Control (the off road cruise control) would not increase in speed even though the gear indicator showed the gears moving from 1 to 8. I shut off the No Limitz and tried it again. This time the Select Speed Control worked fine. Something strange going on here.

I just went and tested mine in 4Lo. The Select Speed Control (the off road cruise control) would not increase in speed even though the gear indicator showed the gears moving from 1 to 8. I shut off the No Limitz and tried it again. This time the Select Speed Control worked fine. Something strange going on here.
I wonder if there is some difference between the 2021s and later years?

Did the light on the speed select dash button illuminate?

Yes the light comes on just like normal. The gears even change when you use the paddles. Problem is the speed stays the same from 1st - 8th gear.

I wonder if there is some difference between the 2021s and later years?

Did the light on the speed select dash button illuminate?
He seems to be explaining the same problems that I experienced with my No Limitz installed in my 2023.

Tested my 2023XR, in 4-low, SSC…
- With NoLimitz engaged, increasing preset speeds with paddle shifters did not change vehicle speed. Uconnect screen displayed properly, increasing as I increased with paddle shifters.
- Turned NoLimitz OFF and SSC worked as factory intended.

Only issue I’ve had with NoLimitz, so far.

I’m waiting on a response from Z-Automotive.

Tested my 2023XR, in 4-low, SSC…
- With NoLimitz engaged, increasing preset speeds with paddle shifters did not change vehicle speed. Uconnect screen displayed properly, increasing as I increased with paddle shifters.
- Turned NoLimitz OFF and SSC worked as factory intended.

Only issue I’ve had with NoLimitz, so far.

I’m waiting on a response from Z-Automotive.
Thanks for the information.

Just updated my NoLimitz firmware to 24.0.5. It fixed my Select Speed Control (the off road cruise control) it would not increase in speed even though the gear indicator showed the gears moving from 1 to 8. After the firmware update the vehicle speed increases as it should.

Just updated my NoLimitz firmware to 24.0.5. It fixed my Select Speed Control (the off road cruise control) it would not increase in speed even though the gear indicator showed the gears moving from 1 to 8. After the firmware update the vehicle speed increases as it should.
How did you get the firmware? I don't see it or the update app for the No Limitz on the site.

I just heard back from Zautomotive with the NoLimitz update.
However, what I was sent requires a Windows PC. I use Apple exclusively.
Anyone been able to update with Mac system?

I just heard back from Zautomotive with the NoLimitz update.
However, what I was sent requires a Windows PC. I use Apple exclusively.
Anyone been able to update with Mac system?
Not sure that will happen anytime soon. The Windows and Mac applications are developed separately, I think.

I had an issue with the Mac software for the Tazer last year. Mac users had to wait for the application to be updated. I ended up just using a Windows machine.

Not sure that will happen anytime soon. The Windows and Mac applications are developed separately, I think.

I had an issue with the Mac software for the Tazer last year. Mac users had to wait for the application to be updated. I ended up just using a Windows machine.
You are correct. No Mac compatibility at this time.

Unfortunately, I've now had 3 cases where the NoLimitz has acted up, causing random dash lights, and some type of "confusion" within the powertrain.

It's hard to describe, but the Jeeps RPMs will surge while driving, almost what you would expect if a torque converter were locking and unlocking, and the throttle has a very long lag, almost like a rubber band is attached to it. The CEL will sometimes come on while this is happening, and at its worst the FCW warning shows errors. Also, I've found the MDS will turn on during these events as well. From a reoccurance stand point, it's happening 1 in every ~15 times I drive.

If I stop and reactivate the NoLimitz device by turning off, holding left on the D-Pad, it starts up and everything is back to normal again.

It's quite frustrating as I don't generally have time to stop, nor should I have to. I checked the install and everything is exactly as described in the install guide so it's not anything on my end.

I'm going to remove the device until ZAutomotive can figure out what is going on. My wife took the Jeep into the office yesterday as I needed the truck and it did it to her on the way home. While I could walk her through it on the phone, I don't want this issue happening to her at all.

I've submitted a support request to them so I can provide some detail for them to work with. For now, I would not recommend the device as some of the issues appear to be presenting themselves to users.

Hate hearing about this from you all. Definitely No Limitz is not ready for prime time. I am a Mac user too but have an old PC from when I use to do mod's like this in my track days on my Porsche's.

I’ve had it for 2 weeks and the only problem I have had is the SSC which was fixed by the firmware update.

Unfortunately, I've now had 3 cases where the NoLimitz has acted up, causing random dash lights, and some type of "confusion" within the powertrain.

It's hard to describe, but the Jeeps RPMs will surge while driving, almost what you would expect if a torque converter were locking and unlocking, and the throttle has a very long lag, almost like a rubber band is attached to it. The CEL will sometimes come on while this is happening, and at its worst the FCW warning shows errors. Also, I've found the MDS will turn on during these events as well. From a reoccurance stand point, it's happening 1 in every ~15 times I drive.

If I stop and reactivate the NoLimitz device by turning off, holding left on the D-Pad, it starts up and everything is back to normal again.

It's quite frustrating as I don't generally have time to stop, nor should I have to. I checked the install and everything is exactly as described in the install guide so it's not anything on my end.

I'm going to remove the device until ZAutomotive can figure out what is going on. My wife took the Jeep into the office yesterday as I needed the truck and it did it to her on the way home. While I could walk her through it on the phone, I don't want this issue happening to her at all.

I've submitted a support request to them so I can provide some detail for them to work with. For now, I would not recommend the device as some of the issues appear to be presenting themselves to users.
Ditto, plus a very high frequency "whine" when the jeep is off, accompanied by a dead battery the following morning.
I will say that Z-Automotive has been very responsive since I installed nearly a month ago. Their initial thoughts were that it's an interaction with the Tazer. Their engineer had found that plugging and unplugging the tazer clears up the issue, but in my case I've had to do that multiple times in the past ~2000 miles. I hope they work out the bugs in an update, because I refuse to go back to full manual shifting to avoid MDS.

Back