New Skid Plate for Engine Oil Pan

There was another run of aluminum pans in 2022, even after the steel pan was introduced.

I just locked in my Black Friday order for the Artec skids. Belly pan and muffler. Can’t wait to go beat on em.

I’ve been looking at this one from M.O.R.E. since I have their skid on my Gladdy and it’s pretty nice:
Fyi Black friday 20% off M.O.R.E. ( I ordered the steel )

I have the stamped steel oil pan and I was thinking just like you. After the install I came to the conclusion that it's kind of nice to have the extra space between the skid and oil pan, that leaves some room in case I fell off a rock onto the skid hard enough to bend the skid, it probably would not make contact with the oil pan.
what's your plan to change your oil

Stupid question
Can the skid plate not be milled for the drain bolt?

I installed a fumoto valve now that the skid plate is
enroute. Assuming my hand fits into that hole, should be fine.
Post pics when it’s completed?

what's your plan to change your oil
There is plenty of room above the skid plate to loosen the oil drain plug. I have the oil changed so I don't know how they manage to drain the oil, maybe a funnel. There is no mess after the change so there must be a way.

I’ve been looking at this one from M.O.R.E. since I have their skid on my Gladdy and it’s pretty nice:
I just ordered this one for mine a few moments ago. Even though it’s not exactly for the 2023 pan, it will work with a funnel. It’s on sale right this moment for black Friday. Paid 461.00 on sale. Not bad at all compared to what is out there to choose from and like others out there, I am not looking for a full skid set up, just the oil pan.
It also protects the cat from thefts and the exhaust cross section. Great deal.

I just ordered this one for mine a few moments ago. Even though it’s not exactly for the 2023 pan, it will work with a funnel. It’s on sale right this moment for black Friday. Paid 461.00 on sale. Not bad at all compared to what is out there to choose from and like others out there, I am not looking for a full skid set up, just the oil pan.
It also protects the cat from thefts and the exhaust cross section. Great deal.
It does the oil pan and transmission pan too, correct?

It does the oil pan and transmission pan too, correct?
Yes.
I even called MORE today and the tech stated the skid works on both. Oil changes should not be a problem. For the price, you can’t beat that no matter if you have to get creative to change your oil. In the end, the “protection” is more important to me. 😎

I also ordered the Rock Hard muffler skid last night. 340.00.

post some pics of the install
I’ll figure it out. The steal pan sits higher than the Al pan. So a simple funnel through the pan from the drain plug should work. I’ll make it work.

M.O.R.E. Skid plate installed. Works perfect on 2022 w Steel oil pan. Looks like they enlarged the oil drain plug access port as the hole is larger than what is pictured in the installation guide.
Also, swapped out factory drain plug for Fumoto F106SX. Works perfect.

Attachments

• 5CCB33E8-78A9-43ED-B95D-F16E5AED195E.jpeg
    5CCB33E8-78A9-43ED-B95D-F16E5AED195E.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 136
  • BC50FC00-7B6F-419E-90D1-A189C6B3D259.jpeg
    BC50FC00-7B6F-419E-90D1-A189C6B3D259.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 30D32AF1-0954-4929-91B5-56B6AA13AED1.jpeg
    30D32AF1-0954-4929-91B5-56B6AA13AED1.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 871B35ED-F26B-4708-92EB-6513B98B6735.jpeg
    871B35ED-F26B-4708-92EB-6513B98B6735.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 82A078F2-34BF-4811-B447-4F492FFF613C.jpeg
    82A078F2-34BF-4811-B447-4F492FFF613C.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 131
M.O.R.E. Skid plate installed. Works perfect on 2022 w Steel oil pan. Looks like they enlarged the oil drain plug access port as the hole is larger than what is pictured in the installation guide.
I bought that same one. Looks good. All I need is my Jeep to install it on along with the countless boxes of new parts in my garage, awaiting the same…. to be installed on a missing Jeep.

Looks good, can you help me with my install :)

So... I've a 2022 392 w/ the new stamped steel oil pan. I (had my shop) install the M.O.R.E. (bare) aluminum engine/trans skid. Interestingly, when I called M.O.R.E. some time ago when thinking of buying their product, they said there were 2 different versions. Now, on their website, it states the current design is supposedly cut to accommodate both the steel and aluminum oil pans... They LIE! lol First... it's obvious that a good bit of clearance is unnecessarily lost... likely from the original aluminum design. Today I went in for 1 of my free dealership oil changes. I can attest that; while YES - you CAN reach and remove the drain plug - you will get a large amount of oil flowing back onto the skid plate. It was bad enough that the dealership removed the lower bolts of the skid in an attempt to remove the oil and TRY to clean up the mess. (Sadly - with very limited success... I've since went to a self serve power wash place and stuck the high-pressure wash up there in a futile attempt to get more oil out.) I have to say... while the quality of manufactoring on the product appears very high, there's obviously some design issue. I'll be calling M.O.R.E. Monday morning to discuss their recommendation for the best path forward. In the mean time... I see that some here are installing a Fumoto F106SX? Are you also buying the drain kit? I could use a little bit of input here... have you since actually had to do an oil change and if so, how painless was it?

Back