New Skid Plate for Engine Oil Pan

Haha, I talked to Jeremy this morning as well and got the same story. I ordered it, along with their diff covers and rear lower control/shock mount skids. Going to be visiting SW CO in a few weeks, and I'd like to have it installed before that.

I like that the oil drain access door is big enough that I can still add a Fumoto valve if I decide to do that. 20% off and lighter weight aluminum helps too - since adding the RSE sliders w/armor, I want to save weight were I can!
Cool. I'll be leaving for some overlanding in MT and the Silver Valley Jamboree in ID, starting the 22nd. Unfortunately, the skid won't come in time for me so fingers crossed that I'll keep things safe on this trip! Enjoy Ouray!

Cool. I'll be leaving for some overlanding in MT and the Silver Valley Jamboree in ID, starting the 22nd. Unfortunately, the skid won't come in time for me so fingers crossed that I'll keep things safe on this trip! Enjoy Ouray!
I used to live over the mountain from Wallace, ID. I always wanted to hit the Jamboree there, but it never worked out. What else are you hitting in MT?

1686875843336.png

This is a route I put together in Gaia, portions of it is based on the Continental Divide Route I found on the Overland Bound site because it's got camp sites and other POI's already mapped out. We're planning on hitting a couple of "touristy" spots like Ringing rocks and the Wickes road tunnel first. We'll then overland our way into Mulan. Would love any advice you have though!

Haha, I talked to Jeremy this morning as well and got the same story. I ordered it, along with their diff covers and rear lower control/shock mount skids. Going to be visiting SW CO in a few weeks, and I'd like to have it installed before that.

I like that the oil drain access door is big enough that I can still add a Fumoto valve if I decide to do that. 20% off and lighter weight aluminum helps too - since adding the RSE sliders w/armor, I want to save weight were I can!
Did you end up adding the Fumoto valve? I have the larger aluminum oil pan, and looking at clearance between the skid and the oil pan, I’m not sure if any valve would fit. Thanks

Did you end up adding the Fumoto valve? I have the larger aluminum oil pan, and looking at clearance between the skid and the oil pan, I’m not sure if any valve would fit. Thanks

Yes, I did add a Fumoto Valve. But, I have the stamped steel oil pan, and I have plenty of clearance between the bottom of the oil pan and the skid plate.

I dunno how low the aluminum oil pan hangs in comparison to the steel one, but I would be tempted to try the Fumoto Valve if I were in your shoes.

They’re not terribly expensive at about $40 and will make oil changes a breeze with the skid plate.

No way I’d run it on an off-road rig without the skid plate though.

So I reached out to TNT customs today with the following response:

Yes we finished them recently and will have them active on the website next week.

We will offer engine, transfercase, gastank and muffler skid.

Got some pics too, and TNT customs gave me the permission to share.

The engine skid is 2 pieces. The black is 1/4 inch steel since it will take a beating. Because of how low the exhaust hangs.

The rest of the skids are 6061 aluminum.

The gas skid goes over top the factory slid plate and mounts to the frame

The factory cross member is retained.

Engine skids will be sold seperately for those that only want them

Gas and transfercase will be sold together

I believe the engine skid is 950 and gas transfercase is 1500. With free shipping

Muffler skid unfortunately i cant remember the price on.

IMG_7448.jpeg
IMG_7447.jpeg
IMG_7450.jpeg
IMG_7454.jpeg

Got some pics too, and TNT customs gave me the permission to share.

The engine skid is 2 pieces. The black is 1/4 inch steel since it will take a beating. Because of how low the exhaust hangs.

The rest of the skids are 6061 aluminum.

The gas skid goes over top the factory slid plate and mounts to the frame

The factory cross member is retained.

Engine skids will be sold seperately for those that only want them

Gas and transfercase will be sold together

I believe the engine skid is 950 and gas transfercase is 1500. With free shipping

Muffler skid unfortunately i cant remember the price on.

View attachment 29519View attachment 29520View attachment 29521View attachment 29522
That’s nice! Thanks for posting

That’s nice! Thanks for posting
TNT customs has 23MY 392, so the engine skid design should be based on the steel oil pan. It seems most other skids accommodate the early on aluminum oil pan. Supposedly this new skid should have a bit better clearance. TNT customs has been making quality and beefy products, I like the idea of aluminum engine skid with steel cross member to protect the exhaust. Always nice to have more options.

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back