New order… too late?

jandersendo

Reaction score
Hey everyone, newbie here. I have been a bronco reservation holder for too long now and have branched out and decided to order a 392XR…. if it’s not too late? I built one on jeep.com but i wasn’t able to send the build sheet to my local dealer. Do I need to call them to place the order? Sorry for the rookie questions.

You need to call a dealer. Shop around below invoice is very possible.

Hey everyone, newbie here. I have been a bronco reservation holder for too long now and have branched out and decided to order a 392XR…. if it’s not too late? I built one on jeep.com but i wasn’t able to send the build sheet to my local dealer. Do I need to call them to place the order? Sorry for the rookie questions.
Sold my '95 Bronco w/ 351W last December; ordered my 392XR from Miles Goff at Dan Cummins.
Here's his post with info - VERY responsive and patient as I change my order: https://www.jeep392.com/threads/dan-cummins-of-georgetown-ky-is-partnered-with-aev.564/

Last edited:
Give you a few options under msrp to get you rolling in the right direction

Dan Cummins in KY (as was mentioned)
Granger in Granger Iowa
Dan Deery in Waterloo Iowa
Chapman in Horsham PA

I know Chapman is 4% under invoice (10-11% off msrp) as I ordered there and should take delivery of my 21 any day now.. I believe Dan Cummins is 3 or 4% under as well. Neither have had any issues delivering from what I have seen.

Hey all!
I thought I throw my .02 in!

I ordered from Lindsey Aldridge at Dan Cummings in Paris, Kentucky.

i ordered at 3% under invoice and was able to add half doors AND the XR package to a 22 392, for the same price as one locally at MSRP, WITHOUT those two options.

I had a VIN within 2 days, and she has been an absolute joy to work with. I’ve not only got a smoking deal on a 392, but I’ve made a friend.

Please give her a call, you will not be disappointed!!!

I’m doing the $180 one way airfare and a road trip to San Diego to break it in.
I emailed him but haven't received a response yet. I do have an appointment at a local dealer near me where they're selling for MSRP. Might just go that route at the end of the day to stay local. They did tell me the wait is about 6 months at this point. Does that jive with what you know?

I emailed him but haven't received a response yet. I do have an appointment at a local dealer near me where they're selling for MSRP. Might just go that route at the end of the day to stay local. They did tell me the wait is about 6 months at this point. Does that jive with what you know?
@Miles Goff , you online?
The general guess is about 6 months for 22 orders. I figured I’d be in KY in the summer for a snow free drive through the mountains home.

I’ll text Miles and have him hit you up.

The general guess is about 6 months for 22 orders. I figured I’d be in KY in the summer for a snow free drive through the mountains home.

Thank you and I am working on his build.

Hey while I have you, what do you think of Uconnect 4 vs 5. Might it be worth waiting for 2023 to see if Uconnect 5 is integrated into the Wranglers? I am new to all this and trying to do as much research as I can.

Hey while I have you, what do you think of Uconnect 4 vs 5. Might it be worth waiting for 2023 to see if Uconnect 5 is integrated into the Wranglers? I am new to all this and trying to do as much research as I can.
I like the UConnect 5 but I haven't heard officially when it will be in the Wrangler and honestly not sure I would say it is 100% worth waiting on. Biggest change and difference to me is having multiple user profiles with it.

There have been rumors that the 392 engine will be cancelled at some point. Be careful on waiting for the Uconnect.

There have been rumors that the 392 engine will be cancelled at some point. Be careful on waiting for the Uconnect.
With the Bronco Raptor coming out in 2023 it would be a shame if Jeep cancelled the 392.

With the Bronco Raptor coming out in 2023 it would be a shame if Jeep cancelled the 392.

There will still likely be a high performance version of Rubicon that will match the 392 performance, but the v8 will be disappearing. Dodge has already killed SRT and CEO held a huge press event pretty much stating old school v8s are done. They've publicly stated the hellcat engine is done.

There will still likely be a high performance version of Rubicon that will match the 392 performance, but the v8 will be disappearing. Dodge has already killed SRT and CEO held a huge press event pretty much stating old school v8s are done. They've publicly stated the hellcat engine is done.
I need that V8 sound.... my order with Miles is in!

I need that V8 sound.... my order with Miles is in!
Yup. That is why I said screw it and placed an order for one. Last of a dying breed. This car will likely be a collector item similar to a LR Defender, particularly if it isn't overly molested with mods. I plan to have mine for the long haul.

With that said, I am curious what other options they come up with...

Yup. That is why I said screw it and placed an order for one. Last of a dying breed. This car will likely be a collector item similar to a LR Defender, particularly if it isn't overly molested with mods. I plan to have mine for the long haul.

With that said, I am curious what other options they come up with...
Probably a turbocharged v6

Probably a turbocharged v

I think it will be some sort of hybrid. CEO seemed to suggest they were going electric with performance in mind. He claims they aren't going electric, but more muscle.... which means electric with performance numbers to back it up.

Back