New option showed up on 392 factory Build configurator

SunsetHill

Reaction score
Current Rides
1984 Camaro Berlinetta, 2024 Jeep Rubicon 392
Hi,

I just saw this new option for the 2024 Rubicon 392 Build, wasn't there before:

1698913255184.png

The picture here looks like the driver's side, I see shadows of gas and brake pedals.

Anybody familiar with this? Would it be all over the floor, front and back seats?
Plus the cargo compartment as indicated? Like under the hinged cargo floor cover? Or in place of it?
Hard plastic, do you think?
For the muddiest off-roaders?

Opinions?

When I ordered mine it wasn't available but my research at that time showed it was just a factory installed version of https://goarmorlite.com/ and did not include the cargo area. That may have changed now. Biggest concerns I had with it were that it is still possible to get water underneath it, which is harder to detect and tends to do more damage if left unattended since it takes so much longer for it to evaporate under that vinyl. I still may install it at some point just to make dog hair easier to deal with.

It looks exactly like the Armorlite I swapped into mine. I wonder if Jeep is just getting it from them or making their own?

Armorlite has options depending on how much of the Jeep you want to do. When I bought mine the cargo area parts were not yet available, but they are now. I'll be swapping those in soon, I think.

1698929034089.png

https://goarmorlite.com/collections/18-23-wrangler-jlu-4-dr

For you fellows who said you have this already, other than for pet hair, are all of you hard-core off-roaders, then? Like, fording water big time? Or you get muddy? Or you hose down the inside of your vehicles?

I'm new to Jeeping, just trying to understand what level of off-roader this option best serves, if that makes sense, thanks.

For you fellows who said you have this already, other than for pet hair, are all of you hard-core off-roaders, then? Like, fording water big time? Or you get muddy? Or you hose down the inside of your vehicles?

I'm new to Jeeping, just trying to understand what level of off-roader this option best serves, if that makes sense, thanks.
Armorlite mentions the underside won’t absorb water. @guruman would be the best source on that topic. I personally think it’s a pretty cool option. If it was available when I got mine I would’ve selected it.

If it was available when I got mine I would’ve selected it.
Yeah, but why? That's what I'm curious about, if you have a situation more than the average off-roader.

Yeah, but why? That's what I'm curious about, if you have a situation more than the average off-roader.
More for dirt / mud/ dust mitigation. I have the all weather floor coverings from Jeep and they do a good job of keeping the floor mostly covered but having a vinyl floor that covers the entire floor in a rig that sees a lot of trail use I’d see as a benefit. I have a buddy with a Bronco equipped with the vinyl floor and it’s very nice and easy to keep clean. It’s also nice if you have a pet that sheds everywhere.

Pet hair for sure. But I've found myself hosing out the footwells to clean out that day-to-day grunge, now that it's more of an option.

I bet it’s just rebranded

Could be, could also have features unique to the Mopar version just like how Bestop manufactures the Jeep softtop but with unique features. The feature may be only the drainplug but technically I'm sure they are different.

I got mine due to pet hair and sand. I have 2 White Shepards and they shed like crazy, plus live in the Keys so a lot of sand and water. So much easier to clean, quieter and less heat comes through the floor. My entire 392 is Armorlite. I hate carpet in a Jeep.

I got mine due to pet hair and sand. I have 2 White Shepards and they shed like crazy, plus live in the Keys so a lot of sand and water. So much easier to clean, quieter and less heat comes through the floor. My entire 392 is Armorlite. I hate carpet in a Jeep.

I would also prefer to have a more durable surface vs carpet plus floor mats. That makes sense if it’s quieter since since it’s more insulated then the carpet.

Back