New Member Wrangler 392 Recon

axt36147

Reaction score
Current Rides
Audi R8, Wrangler 392
Picked up Saturday just outside Detroit and drove home to South Florida. 1384 miles was perfect to get to know each other, lol. It was a little tough following break in procedure but managed fairly well. 14.9 miles per gallon over 1300 miles so you can see I took it easy. This is my third Wrangler and I must say if there was anything I didn't like about the others the loud pedal on the 392 has fixed. Will be a fun toy and look forward to many adventures. For those who will ask, order mid August, bought at MSRP in Detroit because local dealers looking for $10-$15k over sticker.
IMG_20211213_141306783_HDR.jpg

Picked up Saturday just outside Detroit and drove home to South Florida. 1384 miles was perfect to get to know each other, lol. It was a little tough following break in procedure but managed fairly well. 14.9 miles per gallon over 1300 miles so you can see I took it easy. This is my third Wrangler and I must say if there was anything I didn't like about the others the loud pedal on the 392 has fixed. Will be a fun toy and look forward to many adventures. For those who will ask, order mid August, bought at MSRP in Detroit because local dealers looking for $10-$15k over sticker. View attachment 2302
What a beauty! Have 392 XR on order, almost went with the Hydro Blue and when I see picks like this I always started second guessing myself. 😂

I ordered out of state too, but only have 500 miles to break in and get it home.

Congrats!

Picked up Saturday just outside Detroit and drove home to South Florida. 1384 miles was perfect to get to know each other, lol. It was a little tough following break in procedure but managed fairly well. 14.9 miles per gallon over 1300 miles so you can see I took it easy. This is my third Wrangler and I must say if there was anything I didn't like about the others the loud pedal on the 392 has fixed. Will be a fun toy and look forward to many adventures. For those who will ask, order mid August, bought at MSRP in Detroit because local dealers looking for $10-$15k over sticker. View attachment 2302
Pic looks great in the FL sun!

I think we have twins… picked mine up last Friday in MO.

We have the sister to your on order. Looks great! Looking at Aluminum belly skids and winch upgrades now.

Congrats! And Welcome!

Beautiful in that Southern Sun!

Beautiful! Big congrats! Waiting for my black 392 XR. I'm a bit concerned if the XR is too tall to back into the garage door. Do you have any issues with that? I guess it'll make it but with only an inch or two underneath the garage door frame when you drive slowly over that garage door bottom bump.

Beautiful! Big congrats! Waiting for my black 392 XR. I'm a bit concerned if the XR is too tall to back into the garage door. Do you have any issues with that? I guess it'll make it but with only an inch or two underneath the garage door frame when you drive slowly over that garage door bottom bump.
No issue as long as the one touch roof is closed, probably have 2 inches to spare with the garage floor and angle of driveway.

No issue as long as the one touch roof is closed, probably have 2 inches to spare with the garage floor and angle of driveway.
Good to know, thanks! I was planning on installing the Rhino-Rack pioneer platform once I get the 392 XR. I probably have to rethink or no roof rack at all.

Picked up Saturday just outside Detroit and drove home to South Florida. 1384 miles

Wow that looks great! I have to ask how the handling was on the highway. Was it easy to steer/control at high speeds? Comfortable for long distances?

Wow that looks great! I have to ask how the handling was on the highway. Was it easy to steer/control at high speeds? Comfortable for long distances?
Handling was surprisingly good. Going through the Smokey Mountains never felt like I was in a vehicle with a high center of gravity. Had no concerns and even pushed harder than I probably should have. Makes me think twice about any suspension modes, Jeep did a good job on this one.

My 392 XR with the one-touch top measures right at 76” at it’s highest point.

added a 2.5" lift and 37" mine fits

Handling was surprisingly good. Going through the Smokey Mountains never felt like I was in a vehicle with a high center of gravity. Had no concerns and even pushed harder than I probably should have. Makes me think twice about any suspension modes, Jeep did a good job on this one.
I feel the same way about my XR. Everything about the ride just feels well tuned.

Very nice.. My Hydro XR should be in any time. Have 900 miles to "get to know each other" on the way home.

Looks great! Out of curiosity. Were you in coral gables in south FL last week? Saw a hydro blue XR….hadn’t seen any hydro 392s since last week

Back