New Member - Ordered a 2021' 392 Rubicon Xtreme Recon

GpnAZ

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Jeep JLU Rubicon 392 XR, 2018 Ram 3500 dually, 1932 Ford 3 window coupe, 2021 Dodge Durango SRT
Ordered a 2021' 392 Rubicon with the Xtreme Recon package 9/27/21, received my VIN# & VON# from the dealer, really not expecting until December or January. I have a 2017' Rubicon JKU with similar setup except for the 392 and really like it but I know the 392 is going to be even a greater experience! A friend I go wheeling with also just ordered one though it might have to be a 2022" order. At the same time I ordered a SRT Durango for the wife to replace her Durango RT so we will be solidly in the 392 camp. All the posts I have read I am duly impressed with all the positive comments about the 392 Jeep. The only negative I read in the specs was the 2.72 low gear in the transfer case instead of the 4.0 low gear, any thoughts on that? I've had 4.0 low gear in my Jeeps since 1996 so I was bummed to read about the 2.72 low gear. Either way I am really excited to get delivery of this 392 Jeep! Oh, the color is Hydro Blue!

Ordered a 2021' 392 Rubicon with the Xtreme Recon package 9/27/21, received my VIN# & VON# from the dealer, really not expecting until December or January. I have a 2017' Rubicon JKU with similar setup except for the 392 and really like it but I know the 392 is going to be even a greater experience! A friend I go wheeling with also just ordered one though it might have to be a 2022" order. At the same time I ordered a SRT Durango for the wife to replace her Durango RT so we will be solidly in the 392 camp. All the posts I have read I am duly impressed with all the positive comments about the 392 Jeep. The only negative I read in the specs was the 2.72 low gear in the transfer case instead of the 4.0 low gear, any thoughts on that? I've had 4.0 low gear in my Jeeps since 1996 so I was bummed to read about the 2.72 low gear. Either way I am really excited to get delivery of this 392 Jeep! Oh, the color is Hydro Blue!
Congratulations!💪🏼🇺🇸
It will be one of the most favorite steering wheels you’ve ever owned!

Last edited:
Congrats! Let us know how it compares to your AEV 5.7?

Thanks and sorry if I misled you but my 2017' JKU Rubicon is a 3.6 L engine, my similar meant 35" tires and 4.56 gears.

Hey brother,
The JL 392 is on an entirely different level than my AEV JK 5.7…
that being said, I miss her very much!
Jeep is sending the new 392 XR to AEV immediately upon completion of build @ Jeep.
Once it arrives at AEV, they said it will be 40 days for them to complete the JL 370 package on it, then ship to my dealer.
I’ll post some pics of her once I get her home!💪🏼😎

Looking forward to the pics!

Hey brother,
The JL 392 is on an entirely different level than my AEV JK 5.7…
that being said, I miss her very much!
Jeep is sending the new 392 XR to AEV immediately upon completion of build @ Jeep.
Once it arrives at AEV, they said it will be 40 days for them to complete the JL 370 package on it, then ship to my dealer.
I’ll post some pics of her once I get her home!💪🏼😎
Not being a troll at all and I love the look of the AEV stuff. Can you explain the 370 to me though if you are getting the XR package already? I get the tires are 37s, but bit seems you are paying for stuff from Jeep that AEV will just replace with their own gear. (One note, the bull bar and lights take up a fair amount of grill space and this engine runs hot.)

Back