New Member Introduction

3niner2.jlu

Reaction score
Current Rides
‘21 JLUR 392 XR
My name is Bronson, I’m 42 and married with 5 kids in Dallas, Texas.

A little background, my senior year in high school (1998) I got a ’97 TJ. I daily drove it while in college and wrenched on it in my parents garage on the weekends. I put a Rubicon Express 4.5” Full Suspension on it with Currie 44’s and 35’s BFG MT’s. My confidence in that rig was something that you couldn’t wipe off, I didn’t shy away from anything and ended up wheeling it all over the country. I had a website back then where I chronicled my adventures and build; www.jeeptj.com. Funny story on selling my TJ, Dennis Collins of the famed Collins Bros Jeep in here in North Texas had been after the jeeptj.com domain name but I never was interest in selling it until it was time to buy a house. We came to a purchase agreement for my TJ and the jeeptj.com domain and the rest is history.

Being outdoors and off road has always been my way of life since I was a kid. After my TJ I owned countless dirt bikes, quads, UTV’s, multiple F250’s, a 2nd gen Raptor, and finally a ’21 TRX; none giving me that feeling my TJ did. I was headed down the overlanding route with my TRX, putting 23K miles on it in the 10 months I had it, but something was missing. Don’t get me wrong it was fun, very fast but it was also big, and the width became a issue the more time I spent off road in it. Honestly, I didn’t even know that Jeep offered a V8 until I was picking up my TRX last July (’21) and I saw someone else take delivery of a JLUR 392. Fast forward to this May, I traded the TRX in for my ’21 Sarge Green 392 XR and once again I feel at home in my Jeep. It brings a smile to my face every time I see it and the feeling of joy when I drive it is truly priceless.

When someone starts the discussion of building something, there is one thing that immediately rises to the top, and that is purpose. In other words, how do you intend on using it and what are the prescriptive requirements of its intended use. As an avid outdoorsman with an affinity for camping, hunting, and fishing; I wanted to build a 392 with the ability to carry me through a vast assortment of terrain alongside my brother and his JT. I wanted something that was comfortable to drive daily yet realistically capable of nearly anything I was willing to throw at it.

About 4 months ago I was introduced to Brandon Varkel at Rebel Off Road Texas. I brought him a list of needs, wants and ideas for my new jeep. Brandon was instrumental in turning my ideas into an ultimate reality and his depth of knowledge, professionalism, and patience has been above reproach. Not only can he talk the talk, but the quality of his workmanship shows that he can also walk the walk. Part one of my 392 build is wrapping up this week and my excitement is beyond words!
This will be a segmented build, divided into three main parts, culminating with the axles being installed in the weeks prior to EJS ’23 where it will be officially unveiled!

Here is a pic from the day I bought it. The complete build details including pictures and videos will be posted in the member build section.

Attachments

• D6E4B072-E556-41B6-80A1-91633D66782A.jpeg
    D6E4B072-E556-41B6-80A1-91633D66782A.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Very nice!
(And I’m a little late to the party, but welcome!)

Nice to hear the love story. Seriously, there are few things in life that actually bring joy. The wrangler is such an interesting item. I'll enjoy hearing more of your build.
Cheers!

Enjoyed the story and welcome to the forum! Look forward to following you build. 😃

Welcome to the forum @3niner2.jlu 🍻 Looks like an awesome build you have in the works. Thanks for taking the time to share all the details. I dig the custom license plate!

Back