New here, duh…..

FireJeep

Reaction score
Current Rides
05 LJ
Good morning, I am new here(duh…), am in the market for a Firecracker Red with XR and trailer package. Nothing fancy….. but apparently hard to come by. Have 14 months until I retire from fire dept.

Did you put in an order yet?

Get on it!
Granger just listed another thread on here for $6k off sticker.
You might wait a few months to receive a unit, but you’ll definitely be able to order what you want.

Good morning, I am new here(duh…), am in the market for a Firecracker Red with XR and trailer package. Nothing fancy….. but apparently hard to come by. Have 14 months until I retire from fire dept.

Welcome to the forum @FireJeep 🍻

If you have time, ordering is definitely the way to get the best deal! Check out some of these deals from sponsors of the site:

Are they accepting orders with XR again?

That’s what I thought the current situation was. OP said they want XR so I don’t think a new custom order will get them what they want.

Edit: Argh, auto trader has two. One is non-XR. The XR one is up for…$150k. *sigh*

OP, if you decide non-XR is ok, I agree with just placing an order. Based on your location, Koons is just up the road.

If you use them, be sure to use their groupbuy email to get the 8k off deal.

Last edited:
That’s what I thought the current situation was. OP said they want XR so I don’t think a new custom order will get them what they want.

Edit: Argh, auto trader has two. One is non-XR. The XR one is up for…$150k. *sigh*

OP, if you decide non-XR is ok, I agree with just placing an order. Based on your location, Koons is just up the road.

If you use them, be sure to use their groupbuy email to get the 8k off deal.
Ok, so I am pretty new to the 392 thing, the XR includes 35” tires, 4.56 gears, larger brakes, and extended bump stops. If Jeep is not going to offer the XR, is it really that big of a deal? Am I going to regret not getting the XR package? I tow a 3500 lb teardrop (Bean Trailer) off road, am I going to miss the 4.56 and bigger brakes? Anyone who has put larger tires (37”?) and not modified the standard brake system, how does it perform? Thanks for any info!

Ok, so I am pretty new to the 392 thing, the XR includes 35” tires, 4.56 gears, larger brakes, and extended bump stops. If Jeep is not going to offer the XR, is it really that big of a deal? Am I going to regret not getting the XR package? I tow a 3500 lb teardrop (Bean Trailer) off road, am I going to miss the 4.56 and bigger brakes? Anyone who has put larger tires (37”?) and not modified the standard brake system, how does it perform? Thanks for any info!
Many of us passed on the XR package and opted for our own upgrade. A lot of options for re-gearing and tires/wheels. I went with the tried and true OG upgrade AEV JL 370 package. A little kore money than the XR package (ok a lot more) but u can piece meal a set up for less than the XR package. If it were me, I would order a rig ASAP, and at least get in the queue.

Many of us passed on the XR package and opted for our own upgrade. A lot of options for re-gearing and tires/wheels. I went with the tried and true OG upgrade AEV JL 370 package. A little kore money than the XR package (ok a lot more) but u can piece meal a set up for less than the XR package. If it were me, I would order a rig ASAP, and at least get in the queue.
That’s what I did (in terms of ordering a non XR). Back in April I ordered a non-XR when they stopped offering it for the 2022s. When the 23 banks opened up in June, I contacted my dealer. They put in a new order for XR since it had come back as available and the dealer just sold my prior nonXR order off their lot. Worst case scenario, you get a nonXR and sell it when you get an XR, but as thexr6 said, at least you get a 392 for a relatively good deal, whether XR or not. Who knows how much longer they’ll even be making these beasts.

And agree with the AEV thoughts. If I got a non-XR, I would have sent it to AEV. I actually like the way those rigs look more than the stock XR, but I’d rather not spend that money if I don’t have to.

I'd get one on order. Then at least you'll have one. Also keep checking in here. Sometimes they get listed without a super crazy adm, but adm none the less. Good luck!

I'd get one on order. Then at least you'll have one. Also keep checking in here. Sometimes they get listed without a super crazy adm, but adm none the less. Good luck!
adm, is that the official name of the pure profit mark up from the dealer? In that same vein, if dealers on here are offering 6-8k below msrp than is that not the same as not having an adm? Trying to learn these new acronyms.....

XR is a huge upgrade for a non-392. On a 392 it’s the 35s (an easy swap on first tire change), the 4.56 gears (good if you are crawling Moab or the Rubicon) otherwise n/a on the 392, and the Mopar tailgate reinforcement. You do not get bigger brakes on the 392. You’ll also share those same XR wheels with every other XR package out there. Having a 392 is far more worthwhile than having an XR.

ADM = additional dealer mark-up. That is above MSRP. The prior great recommendations are below MSRP.

adm, is that the official name of the pure profit mark up from the dealer? In that same vein, if dealers on here are offering 6-8k below msrp than is that not the same as not having an adm? Trying to learn these new acronyms.....
ADM is additional dealer markup. In the current market, most dealer orders go with an ADM. Some dealers will sell customer orders at msrp. Others will still sell for below.

XR is a huge upgrade for a non-392. On a 392 it’s the 35s (an easy swap on first tire change), the 4.56 gears (good if you are crawling Moab or the Rubicon) otherwise n/a on the 392, and the Mopar tailgate reinforcement. You do not get bigger brakes on the 392. You’ll also share those same XR wheels with every other XR package out there. Having a 392 is far more worthwhile than having an XR.
Will definitely take it off road (MHO that is what a Jeep is for....) Rubicon would be awesome but that may take a while to get there.... I was thinking more about pulling the Bean..... My current ride is an 05 LJ Rubicon with Gr8Tops safari top, 4.88 gears and it is less than optimal to say the least......

Will definitely take it off road (MHO that is what a Jeep is for....) Rubicon would be awesome but that may take a while to get there.... I was thinking more about pulling the Bean..... My current ride is an 05 LJ Rubicon with Gr8Tops safari top, 4.88 gears and it is less than optimal to say the least......
It is for sale by the way if any one is interested in helping me obtain my down payment.....just say'n

@FireJeep
Don't underestimate the value of the XR package.
Additional function. Straight from factory. Warranty covers everything. Don't have to find a good off road/4wd shop. Time, money and additional hassel. Essentially I've made all the XR mods in the aftermarket. Between back ordered items, one aftermarket product not working well with another brand....all the calls, drives to pick it up ect. Personally, I would not do it again.
Factory or bust for me.
Just another perspective to consider.

Last edited:
@FireJeep
Don't underestimate the value of the XR package.
Additional function. Straight from factory. Warranty covers everything. Don't have to find a good off road road shop. Time, money and additional hassel. Essentially I've made all the XR mods in the aftermarket. Between back ordered items, one aftermarket product not working well with another brand....all the calls, drives to pick it up ect. Personally, I would not do it again.
Factory or bust for me.
Just another perspective to consider.
But if the factory is not offering the XR package....... I don't see that I have a choice, or am I missing something?

Back