New all-electric Jeep Recon - "Rubicon-Ready" from the factory.

We all knew this was coming but I personally didn't expect it this soon. Now that I've got my 392 I'm amped to see what kind of all-electric stuff keeps rolling out. Super curious how capable this thing actually is, and what the aftermarket parts market will be like.

Thoughts?

Can't say I'm really a fan. I'm ok with releasing electric vehicles, but I'm just not a fan of the styling on that one.

I never quite understood how the non wrangler jeep products are so damn popular (almost just as many Liberties as there are wranglers around here it seems), but based on that, I'm guessing these will likely be popular with a decent segment of the soccer mom crowd.

And as someone pointed out in the comments, it's very bronco sport-ish in styling.

I like it. Electric is the future and sure something like this would be popular for folks in major metro areas who want electric but still want a SUV style ride.

My biggest gripe with electric cars is the styling is trying too hard. Fortunately, manufactures are figuring out they need to just style them like regular cars.

I'm more curious about hybrid tech. I'd like to see a 4xe with a faster 0 to 60...

Gotta agree with the styling. I'm holding out for a fully electric wrangler, but that's probably a few years down the road yet, while they experiment. I have to hand it to them for trying it out on a new model instead of butchering the wrangler. The 4xe is doing incredibly well, and the wrangler isn't going anywhere, so it's just a matter of time. Pretty exciting.

But is it actually ready for the Rubicon trail straight from the factory? That's something I need to hear more about!

Ugh. Looks like a Bronco sport :sick::sick:. Electric vs gas debate not of concern here....this thing is a miss

First thought: Jeep made an electric Bronco. Not a terrible idea, honestly. It's not for me, I prefer the Wrangler styling, but there's clearly a lot of people that like more of the true SUV style.

We all knew this was coming but I personally didn't expect it this soon. Now that I've got my 392 I'm amped to see what kind of all-electric stuff keeps rolling out. Super curious how capable this thing actually is, and what the aftermarket parts market will be like.

Thoughts?
🤢🤮

First thought: Jeep made an electric Bronco.
Looks more like a Bronco SPORT, aka Bronco II, even worse...

Thoughts?
Looks kind of like a smaller version of the Rivian SUV to me, at least from the side and back. Not a fan of the styling personally but there is defiantly a market for this. This looks to be put along side the wrangler, not a replacement for it, and after a different segment (more of the weekend warrior type vs the hardcore rock crawler). I think they’ll sell a ton of these. Biggest issue of taking it offroad will be the range. Most trails are pretty short so if it can get 100 off-road miles without need a charge that’s probably sufficient.

Really interested in the battery specs. If they can get good range on it, hopefully that transfers to the next Wrangler.

Why did they have to make it look like every other electric SUV out there currently? Way too curvy. Did all the major car manufactures get together and agree to have the same design so they can just swap nameplates and badges when needed?

Why did they have to make it look like every other electric SUV out there currently? Way too curvy. Did all the major car manufactures get together and agree to have the same design so they can just swap nameplates and badges when needed?
Batteries suck hard with high drag vehicle designs. The Wrangler 4XE only gets about 14mi of range in EV mode in real world driving.

I wonder if 'glass you can take out' means the rear window as well. That will be an improvement over the current SOT.

I know we can technically take the back glass off on wranglers, but it doesn't seem like a routine thing anyone would want to do.

Looks like a spitting image of the Bronco Sport to me.

Reactions: @JC
I have to agree with the comments above. First thing I thought is it looks like a new bronco, yuck!

This is as bad as the time they decided to put Batman in a Jeep Renegade in a movie. My best guess is that since Batman is only a rich guy with a cool belt and not a real superhero, they figured they would put him in a fake Jeep too. Just sayin.

Back