Need more power

Ok here I go!
I have the tazer mini and pedal commander in hand.... just building up the courage to "just install it myself"..... and procrastinating bc of the 100% humidity ugh.
But i can't wait!
Yesterday my still unnamed 392 lost her "mud virginity" and today she's getting her "pep" back. What a fab week so far!
Both installations were very straight forward. Getting the Pedal Commander installed required me to bend my overly large meat hooks into uncomfortable angles, but I survived. I think you'll do fine.

Livernois has a pretty good rep in the Ford community. But in the forced induction world, you can get triple digit gains for the same price as the NA HEMI. I’m on the fence for only 30+

however, it does put it over the magical bragging rights number of 500!

They already make drop in piston/rod combos that let you safely run boost on 6.4 hemis. Just need to wait for someone to adapt the 6.4 scat pack blowers to the Jeep (probably only some packaging changes; not having to start from scratch). I'll be looking at a positive displacement blower and piston/rods when they come out. That will be awful tempting. Then you are 600+hp and I love blower sounds.

They already make drop in piston/rod combos that let you safely run boost on 6.4 hemis. Just need to wait for someone to adapt the 6.4 scat pack blowers to the Jeep (probably only some packaging changes; not having to start from scratch). I'll be looking at a positive displacement blower and piston/rods when they come out. That will be awful tempting. Then you are 600+hp and I love blower sounds.
600+ not gonna lie ..... that sounds yummy!

What version of peddle commander did you get website doesn’t have 392 listed in compatible models

Thanks is this preferred for the 392 are there any other versions

Ok here I go!
I have the tazer mini and pedal commander in hand.... just building up the courage to "just install it myself"..... and procrastinating bc of the 100% humidity ugh.
But i can't wait!
Yesterday my still unnamed 392 lost her "mud virginity" and today she's getting her "pep" back. What a fab week so far!
So how did the install go? Any noticeable performance gain?

I opted for the Tazer Mini and the Pedal Commander. The main thing the Tazer did was make appropriate adjustments to the shift points and how the Jeep handles the 37' tires, night and day difference. Without the tire size adjustment, the Jeep is very sluggish and doesn't shift into second until close to 3K rpm. The Pedal Commander is fabulous and a very cost-effective performance upgrade considering the amount of improvement you receive. I run it in Sport with no other adjustments and occasionally, accidently spin all four tires when backing into my driveway. Haven’t had an inclination to try Sport+ yet because I’m working on becoming accustomed to the basic Sport mode. It can catch you unprepared at times with the quickness and amount of response it provides. Here is a link to order a Pedal Commander for $30 off if interested. https://loox.io/z/E1W8GeX6c
Doesn't have an option to pick the v8? Sorry if mentioned later, just now reading thread.

It looks like the pedal commander comes with a little control box. Where are you putting it?

Doesn't have an option to pick the v8? Sorry if mentioned later, just now reading thread.
Neither the PC nor Tazer have specific settings for V8. The Tazer does have a firmware update available on their site that I applied prior to installing it and it does include a couple settings specifically for the 392.

It looks like the pedal commander comes with a little control box. Where are you putting it?
I put mine up behind the center console portion of the dash to the right of the accelerator pedal. I can change the settings with the app on my phone so no need to have the control module "out in the open" to do so.

Neither the PC nor Tazer have specific settings for V8. The Tazer does have a firmware update available on their site that I applied prior to installing it and it does include a couple settings specifically for the 392.
Sweet! I'll have my shop install it but will let them know to do the update before installing it. The 392 setting will show on the app? I'd like to hide the module too.

So how did the install go? Any noticeable performance gain?
Easy peasy... very noticeable gain! By eliminating the yawning throttle, she leaps at stop lights. My brainy college aged son drove it over turkey day break (he has a fast beemer) and he let out a "holy sheeeet" the first time he touched the gas. Im averaging 3.7 to 4.0 for 0 to 60. Def recommended the combo!

Sweet! I'll have my shop install it but will let them know to do the update before installing it. The 392 setting will show on the app? I'd like to hide the module too.
I recommend getting the extension cable for the Tazer so you (or your shop) only have to tear up your fingers during initial installation should you need to un-marry and remove the Tazer for what ever reason such as warranty servicing and then replacing it afterwards. If you are referring to the Tazer, The settings related to the 392 are listed in the instructions should you want to apply them. I recommend that you go to the Z Automotive site and download the instructions to see what it does for the various models of JLs as well as how and in what mode to apply/activate them. If you are referring to the pedal commander there are no specific settings for the 392, the PC78 works the same for all the JLs with the possible exception of the 4xe if it is even compatable.

I recommend getting the extension cable for the Tazer so you (or your shop) only have to tear up your fingers during initial installation should you need to un-marry and remove the Tazer for what ever reason such as warranty servicing and then replacing it afterwards. If you are referring to the Tazer, The settings related to the 392 are listed in the instructions should you want to apply them. I recommend that you go to the Z Automotive site and download the instructions to see what it does for the various models of JLs as well as how and in what mode to apply/activate them. If you are referring to the pedal commander there are no specific settings for the 392, the PC78 works the same for all the JLs with the possible exception of the 4xe if it is even compatable.
I concur with shortcut, both modules can be tucked away under the dash, I zip tied the Tazer behind the removable kick panel under the steering wheel. The PC, I double side taped the holder to the backside of the trim panel to the right of the drivers knees. Both are hidden and you should never need to touch them unless getting work done as mentioned above…PC is Bluetooth to phone

Back