My Quadratec Saga

hydro392

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 JLUR
Back in January 22 I put an order in for a floor mat bundle. My Jeep did not arrive yet and I knew they were backorders, I was in no rush.

My Jeep finally arrived in March and obviously now I was curious to know where my mats were?

I’ll save you all the long story. About 10 phones calls over the past several months and I still do not have my floor mats. (*They actually did send me my rear cargo liner, after I told them I was ready to cancel). 8 months and this is an order that hasn’t been fulfilled.

Now I don’t know what’s going on at Quadratec. Their customer service is polite and professional, however I get a different answer every time with no resolution. I was told today that they should be in “next month”. I’ve also been told that line now for 8 months.

I’m obviously a patient man, and this now has turned into a comedy show. Has anyone else had this experience?

Same issue. I ordered a stereo for my YJ and the back bump stop a few months ago.

I finally got the install kit for the stereo, but still waiting on the stereo and the bump stop.

I get an email every week that I stopped opening because I know it's just to say they are 'still working on it'.

Supply chains are influencing everything. Staff turnover is a considerable problem as well, compounding the issues for many.

Back in January 22 I put an order in for a floor mat bundle. My Jeep did not arrive yet and I knew they were backorders, I was in no rush.

My Jeep finally arrived in March and obviously now I was curious to know where my mats were?

I’ll save you all the long story. About 10 phones calls over the past several months and I still do not have my floor mats. (*They actually did send me my rear cargo liner, after I told them I was ready to cancel). 8 months and this is an order that hasn’t been fulfilled.

Now I don’t know what’s going on at Quadratec. Their customer service is polite and professional, however I get a different answer every time with no resolution. I was told today that they should be in “next month”. I’ve also been told that line now for 8 months.

I’m obviously a patient man, and this now has turned into a comedy show. Has anyone else had this experience?
I've had issues with them on stuff for my CJ7. I actually quit using them because of it. There are too many other vendors out there.

I had a Warn low grill hoop on order with them for months. Found one somewhere else and went to find my order to cancel it and it did not exist even though I got emails from them all the time saying my order was still on backorder. From what I have heard here and elsewhere over the last year I am done with them.

I've upgraded most everything on my 392. Interestingly, I found the stock floor mats just fine. Maybe just get the Mopar?

Back in November I placed an order for my JK, poison spyder fenders, rockers and rear tire carrier along with a few smaller odds and ends.
A week later my tire carrier showed up but I was not there to accept it. the box was all kinds of tore up. Not necessarily Quadratecs fault untill I started opening it up. the hardware bag was open and I left a trail of nuts, bolts and washers into my garage. I’m guessing 1/2 of the hardware was still in the fedex truck. inside the box there was no packing material at all and everything was just rattling around. All the major parts were there with the exception of the latching mechanism. so I called Quadratec and was abruptly put on hold for over an hour until i hung up and called back. Then sat on hold for an additional 30 minutes. Finally when I got to speak with someone they asked if I had opened the box after I saw the damage. I said yes and the reply back was ”well there’s nothing we can do.”
so I figured I was on my own. After trying to mount the carrier I realized it was bent in three different places. I had to strap it to my bench and use a porta power to bend it back into shape, the drivers side was so bad I had to cut the lower tube and weld in a spacer in order to make up the 1 inch gap at the bottom of the striker plate. 16 hours of test fitting and tweaking, on and off over 15 times.
This tire carrier was damaged, opened and returned by a previous customer and then I got it. No way all the packing was removed and hardware bags were cut open in a factory fresh unit. How that much damage happened is beyond me.
As for the fenders and rocker guards (that were in stock when I placed the ordered) still have not shown up. I called a month ago and so far I have not been charged for them but they are still preparing for shipping.
I also ordered a stubby antenna that looked like someone used a pair of pliers on, yes the bag was open as well.
I am usually pretty easy going when it comes to things like this and understand that things go wrong but this was an expensive and time consuming lesson.

Attachments

• D200AD0C-72F3-47D9-90A4-55E8E6FD11BD.jpeg
    D200AD0C-72F3-47D9-90A4-55E8E6FD11BD.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Back in November I placed an order for my JK, poison spyder fenders, rockers and rear tire carrier along with a few smaller odds and ends.
A week later my tire carrier showed up but I was not there to accept it. the box was all kinds of tore up. Not necessarily Quadratecs fault untill I started opening it up. the hardware bag was open and I left a trail of nuts, bolts and washers into my garage. I’m guessing 1/2 of the hardware was still in the fedex truck. inside the box there was no packing material at all and everything was just rattling around. All the major parts were there with the exception of the latching mechanism. so I called Quadratec and was abruptly put on hold for over an hour until i hung up and called back. Then sat on hold for an additional 30 minutes. Finally when I got to speak with someone they asked if I had opened the box after I saw the damage. I said yes and the reply back was ”well there’s nothing we can do.”
so I figured I was on my own. After trying to mount the carrier I realized it was bent in three different places. I had to strap it to my bench and use a porta power to bend it back into shape, the drivers side was so bad I had to cut the lower tube and weld in a spacer in order to make up the 1 inch gap at the bottom of the striker plate. 16 hours of test fitting and tweaking, on and off over 15 times.
This tire carrier was damaged, opened and returned by a previous customer and then I got it. No way all the packing was removed and hardware bags were cut open in a factory fresh unit. How that much damage happened is beyond me.
As for the fenders and rocker guards (that were in stock when I placed the ordered) still have not shown up. I called a month ago and so far I have not been charged for them but they are still preparing for shipping.
I also ordered a stubby antenna that looked like someone used a pair of pliers on, yes the bag was open as well.
I am usually pretty easy going when it comes to things like this and understand that things go wrong but this was an expensive and time consuming lesson.
I was actually thinking that they could be going out of business at one point. There was no reason why I (and you) would be getting the run around. Every person I speak with has a different answer. The hold times are insane, sometimes waiting over an hour. I had luck calling when they open yesterday, but god help you if you have to call mid day…

There would have been a barrage of F-bombs dropped in my garage….

I was actually thinking that they could be going out of business at one point. There was no reason why I (and you) would be getting the run around. Every person I speak with has a different answer. The hold times are insane, sometimes waiting over an hour. I had luck calling when they open yesterday, but god help you if you have to call mid day…
I don’t know what’s going on, a few years ago I was buying parts for my Jk and they were great to deal with, this last round was a nightmare. I understand Covid messed up a lot of things but they made it completely obvious they weren’t going to help.
There would have been a barrage of F-bombs dropped in my garage….
There were plenty of F bombs and a large list of other choice words. I thought about calling poison spyder directly but I had used up all my patients for phone calls.

I took it like a challenge and I was determined to make that thing fit. I should have taken pictures but I was on a mission, I had chains and plates of steel welded all over my bench so I could clamp the carrier down and push in certain spots and pull in another at the same time. I think at one point I had 1 porta power, 3 hydraulic jacks and a cable come along all forcing that thing back into shape. All I can think of was it was hit by a fork lift or something heavy landed on top of it. Just falling off a truck couldn’t do that much damage. Maybe it was air dropped from a plane🤔

F Quadratec imo as well. I ordered something advertised as in stock and was emailed that it was backordered (RSE side steps). After a few backorder emails with no ETA, I cancelled and asked for refund. They agreed via phone and email. Long story short, bunch of emails back and forth, finally had to do a credit card dispute. Resolved in my favor (obviously). Either way, they are a no go for me now. I’d had fine experiences before, but I hold grudges when places go out if their way to suck.

I enjoy Q-Tec when they send you a "site-wide" XX% off with exclusions. Between the exclusions and everything they show as back-ordered, there is literally nothing you can purchase with that sale. Will never ordered from them.

I enjoy Q-Tec when they send you a "site-wide" XX% off with exclusions. Between the exclusions and everything they show as back-ordered, there is literally nothing you can purchase with that sale. Will never ordered from them.
Strange to hear this. Bought from them for years, and have a recent flurry of orders in past several months. No major issues -mopar lockable gas cap was backordered for a month, but just arrived, as well as a Dometic fridge and battery set up - not in stock, but drop shipped from dometic. Purchase w their 20% off sale. Same with ARB Batwing - 20% off, backordered, but i am in no hurry- at least until the AEV build is done.
I’ve tried a few other sites and also had good experiences. Northridge/4 wheel parts/JCR.
I just appreciate quadratec‘s return policy, as well as their install videos, Until they go out of business or something dramatic changes, I’m gonna keep going to them first for
jeep gear

The update that no one asked for: after 256 days of waiting, I finally received my Quadratec Ultimate Floor Liners. This took effort on my part to get completed. I called around 20 times throughout, getting various answers and promises that were not fulfilled. Magically a rep told me she would contact the warehouse and it would be shipped out overnight, which it was. Shout out to her for coming through.

I will say I never had an unpleasant conversation with any of the reps, it was more that I appeared I was getting the run around and failure to do what they said they would do.

Unfortunately they lost a customer with this debacle. I’ll be using extreme terrain,northridge, Rubi trux.

This thread is a contributing reason as to why I don't buy from them. Thanks!

This thread is a contributing reason as to why I don't buy from them. Thanks!
Strange. Long time customer. Bought a bunch from them, returned a few things too. Never had an unpleasant experience, and in fact consider them a good model for other retailers to follow. Wish it worked out better for you Hydro.

Back