My order moved from 'D' status to 'C' status

4R73M15

Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
Current Rides
‘23 JL 392 XR o|||||||o '18 Tesla Model X P100D
From what I can tell, this is a step back in the process.

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.
The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.
D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

Anyone else experienced this that can help shed some light on what the impact to my order may be?

Anyone else experienced this that can help shed some light on what the impact to my order may be?
My November 22 order did that after about two months. It stayed in C for about two weeks then back to D and then built about a month later.

My November 22 order did that after about two months. It stayed in C for about two weeks then back to D and then built about a month later.
Good to know, thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully I won't be stuck here for too long. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's related to parts for the XR package.

I had this exact same experience. Ordered in January. Was in D status for a solid 2 months. Then in March moved down to C and thought it would never get built. 3 weeks later in early April it went to D1 out of nowhere. Took delivery first week of June. Stellantis is pretty good about fulfilling their orders, be patient it will get built. You’ll completely forget about the wait the day it arrives!

All I can say is, after having it for five months, it is the funnest vehicle I’ve ever driven. I’m 58, so I’ve driven a few. Lol. As long as it ends up getting built at some point the wait will be worth it, that I can promise you. Good luck! The wait sucks!

Back