Metalcloak skids question

ChrisWoods

Reaction score
Current Rides
23 Wrangler 392 XR
My set of full Metalcloak skids arrived at my house Friday while I was at work. When I finally got home to look everything over, I noticed that the gas tank skid and trans skid read on the boxes that they were for 2.0L/3.6L. By that time it was too late to get in touch with someone at Metalcloak. Just curious if anyone who has installed a set of these full skids knows if there's a difference in 2.0L, 3.6L, and 392 gas and trans skids. I'd like to get started installing them tonight but I don't want to open them up if they won't fit.

Are they different part numbers on their website?

My set of full Metalcloak skids arrived at my house Friday while I was at work. When I finally got home to look everything over, I noticed that the gas tank skid and trans skid read on the boxes that they were for 2.0L/3.6L. By that time it was too late to get in touch with someone at Metalcloak. Just curious if anyone who has installed a set of these full skids knows if there's a difference in 2.0L, 3.6L, and 392 gas and trans skids. I'd like to get started installing them tonight but I don't want to open them up if they won't fit.
I KNOW the motor skid will be different, because of the exhaust and oil pan. From there on back, it might be possible the trans and gas skid are the same as the other JL's. I have those skids installed on my 392, so if you need pictures or anything I will do my best.

I KNOW the motor skid will be different, because of the exhaust and oil pan. From there on back, it might be possible the trans and gas skid are the same as the other JL's. I have those skids installed on my 392, so if you need pictures or anything I will do my best.
Thank you but I got everything installed today. You're right, motor skid is different and the others are the same. I was missing a few bolts but I got in touch with Metalcloak and they are sending them. I'm ready to start sliding this thing over some rocks! :)

Back