452.8 KB · Views: 7,155
  • 20210704_105904.jpg
    20210704_105904.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 1,007
  • 20210704_105528.jpg
    20210704_105528.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 912
Looks nice....what lift did you put on?
Thanks, I've been waiting for it since November! I got it back from the shop for the build and already had it off road at Rausch Creek! Very capable and lots of fun! See attached for lift info.
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 4.32.57 PM.png

Who makes the 3.5" JL Hemi suspension? Looks like lots of Teraflex parts. I'm a big fan of Falcon 3.3 shocks...

Nice! She looks right at home in the pics!

Thanks, I've been waiting for it since November! I got it back from the shop for the build and already had it off road at Rausch Creek! Very capable and lots of fun! See attached for lift info.View attachment 635
Looks GREAT!!

What can you tell me about the SteerSmart products. I bought a Gladiator with D60's and it has the SteerSmart set up. I am not familiar with it. Can you tell me what it is known for and what applications it is most popular with/for. Dealer built this Gladiator (for his personal fleet) and it was open checkbook build and a dealer of course pays no labor and best deal on parts so I am curious why he chose this product.

Thanks

I had my work done at Joe's Jeep Jungle in Maryland. I think the lift kit was from Quadratec. I love the Falcon 3.3 shocks as well! Adjustable and a great ride on and off road.

Looks GREAT!!

What can you tell me about the SteerSmart products. I bought a Gladiator with D60's and it has the SteerSmart set up. I am not familiar with it. Can you tell me what it is known for and what applications it is most popular with/for. Dealer built this Gladiator (for his personal fleet) and it was open checkbook build and a dealer of course pays no labor and best deal on parts so I am curious why he chose this product.

Thanks
I relied on Joe at Joe's Jeep Jungle. He specializes in Lifts and suspension and the Steersmart products are his go to components.

Did you have any issues with the bumpers or did they bolt straight up?
Do you have part numbers?
Not that I am aware of. I had them installed. The front and rear bumper is the Smittybuilt XRC Gen2. I like that the winch stays low and does not block air flow to the V8. I selected the rear bumper with limited overhang on the sides to prevent it from getting caught on anything.

Love this!

With the setup you went with... how would you compare the ride quality (for a daily driver) compared to the stock setup on wheels / tires / lift / suspension?

Did you re-gear? If not, do you feel a loss of power?

Love this!

With the setup you went with... how would you compare the ride quality (for a daily driver) compared to the stock setup on wheels / tires / lift / suspension?
Thanks! I'm enjoying the ride both on and off the road. The Falcon shocks smooth out the road and are very easy to adjust to your ride preference. Lifted with 37's makes causes a slight loss in responsiveness, but I've found it takes an adjustment in my driving technique. There is a bit of a lag when steering that's been causing me to oversteer. Once I've figured that out, the handling is much better. Overall, I feel a really nice improvment in the ride quality on the road. If you haven't seen it, check out this comparison video:

Nice! She looks right at home in the pics!
Thanks! A long time coming. I'm waiting for a roof rack (Rhino Pioneer) and roof top tent (Roofnest Sparrow XL). And some armor below from Artec... Attached is an action shots in PA at Rausch Creek.

Attachments

• IMG_5286.jpg
    IMG_5286.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 177
Not that I am aware of. I had them installed. The front and rear bumper is the Smittybuilt XRC Gen2. I like that the winch stays low and does not block air flow to the V8. I selected the rear bumper with limited overhang on the sides to prevent it from getting caught on anything.

Does the bull bar on your XRC GEN2 front bumper show up in the front camera? If so, about how much of the view does the bar block? I want to buy the same bumpers, but don't want to block the camera view. A pic of your camera view would be really helpful.

Thank you!

Does the bull bar on your XRC GEN2 front bumper show up in the front camera? If so, about how much of the view does the bar block? I want to buy the same bumpers, but don't want to block the camera view. A pic of your camera view would be really helpful.

Thank you!
You can see in the photo how much the bull bar shows up. Honestly, I have a hard time getting much use out of the front camera. It is a wide angle view and distorted, so I can't rely much on what I'm seeing. That being said, I don't feel like the bull bar had much of an adverse impact.

Attachments

• 20211126_102838.jpg
    20211126_102838.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 186
You can see in the photo how much the bull bar shows up. Honestly, I have a hard time getting much use out of the front camera. It is a wide angle view and distorted, so I can't rely much on what I'm seeing. That being said, I don't feel like the bull bar had much of an adverse impact.
Thanks so much for the photo! It was very helpful.
It looks as though the bumper itself blocks more of the view than the bull bar, didn't even think about that. You're right about the camera.... I've been wondering how useful it would actually be for off roading since the view is so wide. So far it hasn't helped me navigate terrain.

Thanks for the reply.
Cheers......

Back