K&N Cold Air Intake

MrDavo

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock
Has anyone installed this yet?

K&N63-1588.jpg

63-1588 K&N PERFORMANCE AIR INTAKE SYSTEM

They are claiming 27hp gain and 35 torque increase.

I like the way the kit looks.

The factory filter is 3x larger than other Wranglers and it’s not near being maxed out in flow. With the hood intake basically being what it is, and already being basically as “cold air” as you can get, just can’t understand the benefit of swapping out an air box and filter. It certainly won’t be for a power gain.

—S

Last edited:
The factory filter is 3x larger than other Wranglers and it’s not near being maxed out in flow. With the hood intake basically being what it is, and already being basically as “cold air” as you can get, just can’t understand the benefit of swapping out an air box and filter. It certainly won’t be for a power gain.

—S
How are you measuring the filter as 3x larger? It’s smaller than the stock filter I had on both my JKUR and GC SRT.

Directly from Jeep when I covered the launch. And it’s not smaller than a 3.6 filter.

—S
No offense, I distinctly recall the Jeep jk was 11x7, it sticks in mind as I found it funny… “7-11”.
“3x larger” would indicate 33”x21”. 🤷🏻‍♂️

as for the flow. S&B shows their flow rate over stock, buy about 25% (approx.). not to say it produces more power, but certainly permits air to flow easier.

You are confusing dimensions with surface area. A filter isn’t measured by its dimensions, it’s measured by total surface area of the media, which is determined by how many pleats and how deep they are.

—S

You are confusing dimensions with surface area. A filter isn’t measured by its dimensions, it’s measured by total surface area of the media, which is determined by how many pleats and how deep they are.

—S
Confused? No.
Just based my view on the generality of the statement. I suspected that was what you meant and just looked for clarity.
No worries. Just wanted to understand the statement.

What do you do that you were part of the product launch?

Confused? No.
Just based my view on the generality of the statement. I suspected that was what you meant and just looked for clarity.
No worries. Just wanted to understand the statement.

What do you do that you were part of the product launch?a am
Journalist.

Ordered the K&N, arrives mid Dec. Will be sure to post back. hoping to also hear more intake sound from under the hood too, but not getting my hopes up. Says +27hp, and 35ftlbs, so that's about +7% hp and +10.5% tq at the wheels, which if it's even close to those in the meat of the driving rpm band, will at the least make it more responsive. +10% more tq without a tune is no joke. I'm also running a GTHuas full exhaust, so let's see how this combo flows. Not trying to go fast, but defo love the quick.

Ordered the K&N, arrives mid Dec. Will be sure to post back. hoping to also hear more intake sound from under the hood too, but not getting my hopes up. Says +27hp, and 35ftlbs, so that's about +7% hp and +10.5% tq at the wheels, which if it's even close to those in the meat of the driving rpm band, will at the least make it more responsive. +10% more tq without a tune is no joke. I'm also running a GTHuas full exhaust, so let's see how this combo flows. Not trying to go fast, but defo love the quick.
Would you also post how that GT HAUS exhaust looks on the Jeep? I know it sounds badass

Back