K&N Aircharger Performance Intake for the Wrangler 392 (2021-2023) - Now IN-STOCK @ JustBoltOns.com

so, let me get this straight 🤔. I can spend $450 to make a functional hood scoop less functional. Basically making the hood scoop decorative, all for the promise of a 27 hp gain.

Got it. I guess I’ll just have to be happy with 470hp, thanks for saving me some money.

Great product for the Gladiator Mojave that already has a fake hood scoop.

Yea I was looking at this as I have always liked K&N until that part. It pretty much renders the hood scoop useless.

Who knows. I know the Jeep product manager was real skeptical in a thread on facebook that any of these intake companies would get any real gains. I'd like to see some third party tests....

I'd only get it for looks and sound. If it gives a slight boost in performance, then that is a plus...
this is the inherent issue I think with any intake. I'm skeptical that it will sacrifice protection for lack of actual filtration.

Anything is possible, OEM intakes on any application have been notoriously restricted from Mustangs to F150s to Raptors to Wranglers to even the TRX. There's definitely a gain, even more of a gain on some applications with a proper tune adjustment.

I've always swapped out from factory intakes on any vehicle, whether it's perfectly aesthetic or if it shows a slight improvement over factory. No pressure on my end, I just know that both K&N and aFe make a great product and I would recommend them for anyone looking for an aftermarket intake.
Anything is possible isn't a great answer when we are talking measurements. This is engineering not the psychosomatic responses you get from a placebo.

So does the honeycomb section next to the hood scoop ducting port pass air through? I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at but it looks like some sort of fiber filter material. Wouldn't water get in that way completely defeating the hydroguide?
Finally got a response from K&N almost a month later. YES the top section is a honey comb and is not air tight. Which means it impacts the suction from the hood scoop and allows for water to enter. so hard no for me on this setup . I will eait until someone produces a drop in filter for the stock air box.

Finally got a response from K&N almost a month later. YES the top section is a honey comb and is not air tight. Which means it impacts the suction from the hood scoop and allows for water to enter. so hard no for me on this setup . I will eait until someone produces a drop in filter for the stock air box.
K&N says they are working on that but no target date was given.

What are they working on?
I called and they said they were working on designing and tooling up for a K&N filter replacement for the stock filter/housing

Fresh inventory just landed on these!

https://justboltons.com/k-n-2021-20...2-6-4l-aircharger-performance-intake-63-1588/

View attachment 18522

View attachment 18523

Estimated Horsepower Gain26.99 HP @ 5657 RPM
Replacement FilterRU-1042
Air Filter ColorRed
Air Filter MaterialCotton Gauze
Air Filter Outlet ShapeRound
Clamps Included3
Clamp MaterialStainless Steel
Clamp StyleWorm Gear
Couplers Included1
Product Style63 Series Aircharger Kits
Alternate Replacement FilterRF-1042/RU-1042XD
Intake Pipe Color / FinishBlack
Intake Pipe MaterialHigh-Density Cross-Linked Polyethylene
Street Legal In All US StatesNo
TUV Approved (Europe)No
Weight9.6 lb (4.4 kg)
Product Box Height14.5 in (368 mm)
Product Box Length24.1 in (612 mm)
Product Box Width15.5 in (394 mm)
California RestrictedNot legal for sale or use in California
Mounting Hardware IncludedYes
WarrantyNo-Hassle Lifetime Limited
We have a few more of these in-stock!

Greetings everyone, I had one of these K&N 63-1588 Intake systems installed in my 2021 392 Jeep XR with less then 15k miles. I recently experienced a blown head gasket & warped headers needing replacement after my vehicle overheated. I’ve since come to the realization of the actual advantages vs disadvantages of the K&N Intake system and have chosen to remove it. Granted the air intake system allows more air through, with a stated horsepower gain of 27 & 35ft. lbs of torque. But it is pulling hot air from under the hood to do so! By installing this system I went from a factory Installed air system with a pleated filter to an after market system that is subpar just to gain some potential horse power. The aftermarket K&N system draws air from both inside and outside the hood. I'd say the oem factory intake system is more of a cold air system then the aftermarket system as air is mostly channeled through the hydro-glide only. I will be removing the aftermarket intake & will be reinstalling the oem system.

Last edited:
Look what’s available now on K&N’s website. An actual drop in high performance air filter, 33-5127. This will allow you to keep your factory box & utilize your hydro-guide as it was designed.

Attachments

• IMG_5473.png
    IMG_5473.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5472.png
    IMG_5472.png
    306.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
"JEEP392" forum discount code worked like a champ for a good discount, thanks Johnny!

Back