Just Traded my 2021 Rubicon 392 with 2,650 miles

CBH

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2023 Ram Rebel G/T 2021 GLE 450
I just traded my 2021 Billet Silver (non-XR) 392, with only 2,650 miles, to Boniface-Hiers Jeep in Cocoa, Florida (45 minutes east of Orlando). They immediately rolled it on to the showroom floor (see pic). I got it new in June 2021 and kept it in a storage garage nearby. It was a hoot to drive, as many of you already know, but it just didn’t fit my long-term needs, as evidenced by the ODO -- I averaged 132 miles per month. :rolleyes:

I left it stock except for the following:
- LP4 Driving Lights
- Redline Tuning Hood Struts
- MOPAR Side Steps
- Ignition-Keyed Locking Gas Cap
- Locking Hood Latches
- Battery Trickle Charger (secured under the hood)
- Seat Covers; Door Sill Protectors; Seat-Mounted Flashlight; Storage Bins, Door Lock Covers

I never had any issues with it although I did notice a slight ticking noise in the first 30 seconds after a cold start, just like my old Ram pickup. I was very carefull during the break-in period; never took it off road, except the few times I drove it on a dirt road to exercise the flawless 4X4 gearing system.

Now waiting for my 2023 Billet Silver Ram Rebel to arrive, which I don’t intend to treat like a Garage Queen.

Please respect my decision not to reveal what I got for the Jeep. Thank You.

My 392.jpg

Last edited:
We wish you well in your next 4-wheeled adventure! :)

Aw man! You and I bought our 392 close to each other. Im planning on keeping mine for a good, good while. You'll be missed. Thanks for your knowledge contributions to the forum.

Aw man! You and I bought our 392 close to each other. Im planning on keeping mine for a good, good while. You'll be missed. Thanks for your knowledge contributions to the forum.
My contributions were minimal compared to the Big Dogs like you. Thanks for the kind words.

I just traded my 2021 Billet Silver (non-XR) 392, with only 2,650 miles, to Boniface-Hiers Jeep in Cocoa, Florida (45 minutes east of Orlando). They immediately rolled it on to the showroom floor (see pic). I got it new in June 2021 and kept it in a storage garage nearby. It was a hoot to drive, as many of you already know, but it just didn’t fit my long-term needs, as evidenced by the ODO -- I averaged 132 miles per month. :rolleyes:

I left it stock except for the following:
- LP4 Driving Lights
- Redline Tuning Hood Struts
- MOPAR Side Steps
- Ignition-Keyed Locking Gas Cap
- Locking Hood Latches
- Battery Trickle Charger (secured under the hood)
- Seat Covers; Door Sill Protectors; Seat-Mounted Flashlight; Storage Bins, Door Lock Covers

I never had any issues with it although I did notice a slight ticking noise in the first 30 seconds after a cold start, just like my old Ram pickup. I was very carefull during the break-in period; never took it off road, except the few times I drove it on a dirt road to exercise the flawless 4X4 gearing system.

Now waiting for my 2023 Billet Silver Ram Rebel to arrive, which I don’t intend to treat like a Garage Queen.

Please respect my decision not to reveal what I got for the Jeep. Thank You.

View attachment 17384
Should have done both, the 392 and Rebel. We have a 392 XR and TRX. Both fun, but very different drives. Good luck with your new truck.

Oh man, sad to see you go (move forward) and I totally respect your decision. You’ve brought many good vibes to this forum. Take care and enjoy your new ride!

Sorry to see you go, best wishes brother.

Reactions: CBH
Enjoy your next auto adventure!

Reactions: CBH
What'd they give you on trade?

Should have done both, the 392 and Rebel. We have a 392 XR and TRX. Both fun, but very different drives. Good luck with your new truck.
In a perfect world with more money and more space I would definitely consider the TRX. BTW: How is the TRX as a daily driver? Does the added width (8” wider than a standard 1500?) present challenges?

Enjoy the Rebel. I hope you ordered it loaded. They are a blast. Not a TRX, but a blast nonetheless.

Enjoy the Rebel. I hope you ordered it loaded. They are a blast. Not a TRX, but a blast nonetheless.
I ordered it loaded -- came in just under $79K -- OUCH!

In a perfect world with more money and more space I would definitely consider the TRX. BTW: How is the TRX as a daily driver? Does the added width (8” wider than a standard 1500?) present challenges?
What kind of trade deal did you get?

Last edited:
How much did you have into it vs what you got for trade credit?
(After. Got my 392, sold my 2020JL for $2000 more than I paid. Had a few accessories left on the rig, so net was -$6k after 3 years of driving)

Back