Just took delivery of my 392 XR...

WheelBender

Reaction score
Current Rides
2012 JKUR, 2015 BMW X5, 2015 F-150 5 Liter, 2018 3500 4x4 Sprinter
Hello everyone....happy to report..... on my first post.....that I finally took delivery of my 392XR....only took four months for order to be filled.(Aug. 2021) and pay the dealer 5K over list, a last minute charge by the greedy bastards.....but it's mine now......let the upgrades begin!
IMG_1261.jpg

Looking beautiful! Congrats! I ordered my 2022 392 XR last week, so I’ll have a long way to go. Enjoy!

BTW, the dealer and I agreed on the price at MSRP and they said they won’t do any markup by the time it gets delivered. Did they charge you the additional 5k when you ordered or at delivery?

Looking beautiful! Congrats! I ordered my 2022 392 XR last week, so I’ll have a long way to go. Enjoy!

BTW, the dealer and I agreed on the price at MSRP and they said they won’t do any markup by the time it gets delivered. Did they charge you the additional 5k when you ordered or at delivery?
Total surprise at delivery! Salesman said sales manager wanted 10K on top of list....I got pissed...face turned red....and told them this was totally unexpected and was very disappointed that they would treat loyal customers this way....I told him I was walking to the Ford dealership to look at Broncos....he laughed and said thats a four month wait....and I would pay a premium there too.....he also said they had a customer offer 25K over list for my rig! The rare XR package in Sarge Green with all options......I was just about ready to knock over tables and chairs when we agreed on 5K....still utter bullshit......

Total surprise at delivery! Salesman said sales manager wanted 10K on top of list....I got pissed...face turned red....and told them this was totally unexpected and was very disappointed that they would treat loyal customers this way....I told him I was walking to the Ford dealership to look at Broncos....he laughed and said thats a four month wait....and I would pay a premium there too.....he also said they had a customer offer 25K over list for my rig! The rare XR package in Sarge Green with all options......I was just about ready to knock over tables and chairs when we agreed on 5K....still utter bullshit......
Oh man so sorry for your experience. That’s total greedy BS! When I ordered my rig I signed a deal with all the agreed numbers and they also locked in my trade-in value instead of doing that at future delivery. Did you do something similar with numbers written on the agreement? I’m also thinking about asking for a Priced Order Confirmation (POC).

Anyway, it’s not the end of the world paying an extra 5k, it sucks though! Now it’s time to have fun!

It's borderline illegal especially if you agreed on a sales price when you ordered it on a purchase order

Oh man so sorry for your experience. That’s total greedy BS! When I ordered my rig I signed a deal with all the agreed numbers and they also locked in my trade-in value instead of doing that at future delivery. Did you do something similar with numbers written on the agreement? I’m also thinking about asking for a Priced Order Confirmation (POC).

Anyway, it’s not the end of the world paying an extra 5k, it sucks though! Now it’s time to have fun!
So if I have a POC with the price and my name on it then that is what they should honor?

This has been a common occurence with broncos. Numerous threads in bronco6g forum with dealers adding ADMs on customer orders.

Forum members have been able to put heat in dealers in social media to get them to remove the ADMS.

I went with Granger to avoid this nonsense.

Hello everyone....happy to report..... on my first post.....that I finally took delivery of my 392XR....only took four months for order to be filled.(Aug. 2021) and pay the dealer 5K over list, a last minute charge by the greedy bastards.....but it's mine now......let the upgrades begin!View attachment 2229

Dang, sorry to hear about the last minute upcharge. And dealers wonder why they get a bad reputation!

Congrats on finally taking delivery though! It looks great!

So if I have a POC with the price and my name on it then that is what they should honor?
That’s how it should be.
Yes. But the POC isnt an invoice. This is where they screw people. You need ti get in writing they wont be adding adm... email or something.
You right it’s not an invoice. A deal is a deal only when the dealer would honor it. And at the end they can still ignore the email promises. When I placed my order, the salesman and I both signed on a dealer’s agreement paper with the sale price/tax/title registration fees. I’ll consider that it has legal effect more than a POC.

Honest business with integrity is not a common practice these days, sadly.

The pricing on these things is nuts. Some people are stuck paying over list while I got 8% lower than MSRP on a fully loaded XR with half doors and one touch. It makes no sense at all. Just glad I got lucky.

Hello everyone....happy to report..... on my first post.....that I finally took delivery of my 392XR....only took four months for order to be filled.(Aug. 2021) and pay the dealer 5K over list, a last minute charge by the greedy bastards.....but it's mine now......let the upgrades begin!View attachment 2229
Did you have a different price in writing? With signatures? I ordered a standard 392 (non-X) and the price was $1k less at time of order and by the time it showed up, the sticker was $1k higher. I had the original order with signatures and they had to honor it.
As far as the dealer’s behavior, I would have walked. I have before, on a few dealers.

@WheelBender Welcome to the forum an a huge congrats on the rig!

Total BS on the surprise ADM charge… but if you sold it today you’d get it right back!

Congrats and welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about the hassle at the dealer. Your experience is actually what I was expecting from my dealership. I would have paid $5K over had it come down to it. After a month of ownership, I feel like I would have still gotten a deal on my dream Jeep at that price. Hopefully, you feel the same. Enjoy!

Looks awesome! I’m waiting for my XR. Congratulations! So the wheels don’t look brass color, but a cool looking gray?

CONGRATS!! Man, being in Cali, you're going to feel some pain at the gas pumps.

Congratulations and welcome!

Hello everyone....happy to report..... on my first post.....that I finally took delivery of my 392XR....only took four months for order to be filled.(Aug. 2021) and pay the dealer 5K over list, a last minute charge by the greedy bastards.....but it's mine now......let the upgrades View attachment 2229
“It ain’t right”, but at least you are now the proud owner of a Rubicon 392! Years ago I ordered a Land Rover Sport. When it arrived, I went to pay the balance and they had sold it to one of their loyal customers before I got to the dealership the next day. Do your best to get past it especially if that’s the dealership where you’ll get it serviced.

Love this color!!! I ordered my hydro XR in August as well. Its built.. just waiting on it being shipped.

My take on the surprise upcharge.

Unless your dealer had an allocation... they cant order one without YOU and a "sold order"
To jack up the price when you go pick it up .. they almost expect you to turn it down.. so they have another one on their lot to overcharge for. This is not something FCA would like to hear ... a dealership gaming the system to get more vehicles on their lot.
If they didnt have an allocation for your order... .. contact Jeep customer service and let them know.

i have the same exact color and specs coming soon. Dealer told me its in JB status and it should ship this month.
I am surprised that the dealer charged you 5k over the list. Did you not have a contract with deposit ??

Back