Just Placed an Order

Can you actually place a custom order with JEEP ?

I have been trying to get a Toyota 4 Runner lately and have had to learn the painful reality of "allocations".

But for whatever brilliant reasoning, you can still go and build your new Toyota out on their website, just to find out you actually cannot order it. Wonderful.

I have been trying to get a Toyota 4 Runner lately and have had to learn the painful reality of "allocations".

But for whatever brilliant reasoning, you can still go and build your new Toyota out on their website, just to find out you actually cannot order it. Wonderful.
Yes, the process seemed easy enough after I was able to find a dealer close by (175 mi) who offered a nice discount from MSRP. And Jeep corporate acknowledged the order.

Toyota sounds like the Bronco runaround I received.

Yes. You can build a custom jeep. Their process is completely different than Toyota. I have purchased both....a custom wrangler.....and 2 Toyota tacoma trd pros (which as you know had to be tracked down from dealers in different states that had an allocation for my very specific vehicle).
The jeep process is how it should be done. The Toyota process is ass backwards and NOT customer friendly.

**The 1 caveat to jeep is that you cannot order a package if it is canceled due to supply chain mismanagement * That is currently the case with the XR package

Last edited:
Finally delivered after 7 mo and 2 days. Easy buying experience at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles La. That is where Houstonians should be ordering from.

Congrats after the long wait! Please post up some pics as soon as you get a few.

jeep1.jpg
jeep2.jpg
jeep3.jpg

Back