Just ordered my 392!

Jeepstin392

Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
Current Rides
2017 Jeep GC SRT, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2023 Tesla, Model Y Performance, 2021 BMW M340i XDrive, 2018 Mini Cooper S "7"
Hi Everyone
I'm Justin. I recently ordered my 392. Confirmed my VIN last week, and, it's in the build process now. It should arrive before mid October!
I had a 2012 JKUR (Sahara Tan) that I did some work on (bumpers, winch, skids, exhaust, hood vent, lift, wheels, tires, lights, dual battery, undercarriage air tank, aux fuel, relocated axle vent tubes, steering spindle trail cameras, dual screen head unit, etc., etc., etc.). I traded that for a Jeep GC SRT, and had buyers/sellers remorse since day 1. Going back into the Jeep Wrangler game. The problem? Horsepower and torque are my sickness...
I've been shopping for upgrades already. I see there's not much specifically for the 392, which lends to think some custom fab work may be necessary.
With this in mind, anybody have any knowledge on dual battery trays (fitment), lifts (1"-3" for 37's), gearing (if necessary for 37's), May do fenders vs. lift for clearance, factoring in lesser backspacing, etc.?
Naturally, I will be digging around the forum and asking questions. If you see me there, that's the intent! Also, I reciprocate. I not that type of member to just be a leach, taking info and not sharing in return. I typically share a lot, once I have an answer.
Long term work? I may S/C the thing. Not sure yet and that's a few years down the road. I want to see how the 392 is off road in it's natural form. The GC, wouldn't be ideal at all, but also didn't have off road features for throttle control, other than "snow" mode.

Anyway, live in CO, cover many states in the west with off road adventures and always looking to escape the masses.

See you around!

Welcome. What options, color did you order? I have spent a lot of time in CO with work in Boulder. Off roaded most every rental car. I am the reason you don't want to buy a used rental. Beautiful state. I would move there if it had an ocean.

I ordered the Sting Gray color.
As for options, I got the dual top, tow package, gorilla glass and that’s about it.
there wasn’t much to choose. I also opted to not get the Xtreme package.
The price was good fir what you get. I just didn’t want to buy wheels and a few other items in that package that I didn’t want.

Hi Everyone
I'm Justin. I recently ordered my 392. Confirmed my VIN last week, and, it's in the build process now. It should arrive before mid October!
I had a 2012 JKUR (Sahara Tan) that I did some work on (bumpers, winch, skids, exhaust, hood vent, lift, wheels, tires, lights, dual battery, undercarriage air tank, aux fuel, relocated axle vent tubes, steering spindle trail cameras, dual screen head unit, etc., etc., etc.). I traded that for a Jeep GC SRT, and had buyers/sellers remorse since day 1. Going back into the Jeep Wrangler game. The problem? Horsepower and torque are my sickness...
I've been shopping for upgrades already. I see there's not much specifically for the 392, which lends to think some custom fab work may be necessary.
With this in mind, anybody have any knowledge on dual battery trays (fitment), lifts (1"-3" for 37's), gearing (if necessary for 37's), May do fenders vs. lift for clearance, factoring in lesser backspacing, etc.?
Naturally, I will be digging around the forum and asking questions. If you see me there, that's the intent! Also, I reciprocate. I not that type of member to just be a leach, taking info and not sharing in return. I typically share a lot, once I have an answer.
Long term work? I may S/C the thing. Not sure yet and that's a few years down the road. I want to see how the 392 is off road in it's natural form. The GC, wouldn't be ideal at all, but also didn't have off road features for throttle control, other than "snow" mode.

Anyway, live in CO, cover many states in the west with off road adventures and always looking to escape the masses.

See you around!
Welcome Justin! I too have a sting gray 392 on order, so great taste there. I am located in Wyoming and often travel to Colorado for adventure. Perhaps we will spot each other in the wild soon. Cheers!

That’s awesome. Congrats!
i know you mentioned opting of of xtreme recon pkg but to my understanding anyone that ordered after July 1, 2021 was forced to get it with XR package. I know i was and i know a lot of the guys on this forum also have. I’m assuming this was ordered in CO?

That’s awesome. Congrats!
i know you mentioned opting of of xtreme recon pkg but to my understanding anyone that ordered after July 1, 2021 was forced to get it with XR package. I know i was and i know a lot of the guys on this forum also have. I’m assuming this was ordered in CO?
I didn’t have to order it. That package was an option. I ordered in Colorado.
Got it for sticker price too, with no mark up. I’m curious of others on that matter.

Lucky Dog! The XR seems to be a never-ending delay in the options checkboxes...

Hi Everyone

See you around!
Congratulations and welcome to the group! I put BFG KM3 37s mounted on Hutchinson RockMonsters on my 392 with no modifications at all. The guys at Discount tire were all over the first one they installed on the front checking to see if there would be any clearance issues before installing the others. I had to put the tires and wheels together myself because Discount won't work on bedlock wheels.

Lucky Dog! The XR seems to be a never-ending delay in the options checkboxes...
Yeah. I just preferred different wheels, choice of lift, and I can do my own hearing swap. I shopped equivalent components and the XR package saves about $1k. I’d rather have my choice and spend a little more.

Congratulations and welcome to the group! I put BFG KM3 37s mounted on Hutchinson RockMonsters on my 392 with no modifications at all. The guys at Discount tire were all over the first one they installed on the front checking to see if there would be any clearance issues before installing the others. I had to put the tires and wheels together myself because Discount won't work on bedlock wheels.
What about fill articulation? Any rub?
I’m in Colorado and do the surrounding states. Plenty of opportunity to max out suspension.

What about fill articulation? Any rub?
I’m in Colorado and do the surrounding states. Plenty of opportunity to max out suspension.
I all Colorado Springs home, so I am familiar with the wheeling opportunities. No rub so far but have not done anything with the sway bar disconnected but I trust that the bump stops will prevent rubbing in those situations. There is a problem reported by several owners with the driver’s side front inner fender liner rubbing on hot days at higher speeds on the highway even with the stock 33s driving straight ahead. Problem seems to be that the liner becomes very flexible and is easily blown around making contact with the tire and damaging the liner. I am anticipating a recall on that item at some point. Some owners have reported a similar issue with the passenger side inner fender liner.

Just ordered mine yesterday and got the vin today. Super exited. Last night i found a post on here that would let you enter your vin# so you would get notifications on the build. anyone know where i can find that again?

Just ordered mine yesterday and got the vin today. Super exited. Last night i found a post on here that would let you enter your vin# so you would get notifications on the build. anyone know where i can find that again?
I’m interested as well

Is it crazy that this will be my 1st jeep and i went straight for the 392?

Is it crazy that this will be my 1st jeep and i went straight for the 392?
Nope! The reality, some will buy a lesser Jeep and drop $20k into it.

Last edited:
Back