JL Forum: Why the Hate?

Any links to specific forums or threads, sometimes I like to read threads where they get in "fights." Don't like to participate or start fights, but sometimes fun to watch :) To me it is foolish to argue on here. We are all doing this for FUN because none of this stuff really has a point other than being super awesome :) I'm just glad there are forums out here to share knowledge and experience with one another.

Sometimes fun to laugh at the haters though ;)

Ditto! I served on active duty for 30 years, starting as an Airman Basic making $500/month. I moved 18 times; lived in 9 different states and 2 foreign countries. I survived 53 rocket attacks and 3 ex wives. I never begrudge anyone who drives a nice vehicle and I’m always quick to complement them on their choice. Life is short; when I finally realized I was going to run out of time before I ran out of money, I decided to reward myself with a Rubicon 392. I avoid haters and hate speech. I am thankful this forum has neither.View attachment 1665
I also recently realized I was going to run out of time before money, so I ordered a 392. I am trying to think of a plate for the 392 that goes along with this on my LJR. Not sure why its sideways here.

Attachments

• tempImage0TNKQL.png
    tempImage0TNKQL.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
I spend some time over at JLWrangler and kind of enjoy the back and forth and from time to time and sometimes proving the stupidity in the comments from time to time. I don't take it personally because to be honest I just don't care what others might think but do enjoy throwing some fuel on the fire from time to time.

Been a Jeep owner since 2008 and done my fair share of wheeling across the country. Owned a CJ, JK and now a JL392. I do all my own work and have worked on damn near every thing in a Jeep at some point.

I also notice the hate towards the 392 owners by many. I think it just comes down to this Jeep is as said earlier in this thread that it just is not affordable by many owners and the way they work through that in their head it to try and convince themselves it is not practical, not necessary or no value. I think that spills out on the forums. Mine was called a mediocre sports car the other day on a forum and I tried to explain yes, yes it is, it is a blast to drive, exactly what I wanted when I bought it and I love it. Every person who has experienced my Jeep has truly enjoyed it and went on to rant to others about how much fun it is. It really does put a smile on your face and some will never understand that or why we are willing to pay for one.

@CBH, Thanks much for your long service! I appreciate your comments and like the plate.... assuming it stands for what I think it does?

Any links to specific forums or threads, sometimes I like to read threads where they get in "fights." Don't like to participate or start fights, but sometimes fun to watch :) To me it is foolish to argue on here. We are all doing this for FUN because none of this stuff really has a point other than being super awesome :) I'm just glad there are forums out here to share knowledge and experience with one another.

Sometimes fun to laugh at the haters though ;)
I also recently realized I was going to run out of time before money, so I ordered a 392. I am trying to think of a plate for the 392 that goes along with this on my LJR. Not sure why its sideways here.
I had the same issue with photos that were “tipped over” after downloading them to the website. I discovered that if you first “save” the photo on your computer before downloading it to the website, the photo will remain upright.

@CBH, Thanks much for your long service! I appreciate your comments and like the plate.... assuming it stands for what I think it does?
Thank you. Yes, you broke the code! Here’s the plate on my other vehicle:

Attachments

• tempImage8HFHho.png
    tempImage8HFHho.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
I spend some time over at JLWrangler and kind of enjoy the back and forth and from time to time and sometimes proving the stupidity in the comments from time to time. I don't take it personally because to be honest I just don't care what others might think but do enjoy throwing some fuel on the fire from time to time.

Been a Jeep owner since 2008 and done my fair share of wheeling across the country. Owned a CJ, JK and now a JL392. I do all my own work and have worked on damn near every thing in a Jeep at some point.

I also notice the hate towards the 392 owners by many. I think it just comes down to this Jeep is as said earlier in this thread that it just is not affordable by many owners and the way they work through that in their head it to try and convince themselves it is not practical, not necessary or no value. I think that spills out on the forums. Mine was called a mediocre sports car the other day on a forum and I tried to explain yes, yes it is, it is a blast to drive, exactly what I wanted when I bought it and I love it. Every person who has experienced my Jeep has truly enjoyed it and went on to rant to others about how much fun it is. It really does put a smile on your face and some will never understand that or why we are willing to pay for one.
I believe ‘hate” towards 392 owners is just misplaced “envy”. When people ask me “why” I respond with, “why not?” I traded a Challenger Scat Pack for my Rubicon 392 because I love the engine and the power; but I also like sitting tall in traffic, I like not worrying about damaging my front air dam when entering or exiting driveways or rolling over obstacles, and I absolutely love the utility. Yesterday after washing my 392 I backed out of the driveway and noticed my wash bucket suddenly appear in front of me undisturbed; there’s so much clearance! Driving any Jeep is an adventure. Driving a 392 is an adventure on steroids.

mediocre sports car
That’s too funny. Actually, it’ll beat more than half the sports cars out there from launch considering the bulk of 6 cylinder Mustangs and Camaros that account for the vast majority on the road. Then, I’d like to see ANY sports car take it “off” the road. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That’s too funny. Actually, it’ll beat more than half the sports cars out there from launch considering the bulk of 6 cylinder Mustangs and Camaros that account for the vast majority on the road. Then, I’d like to see ANY sports car take it “off” the road. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I've told my two buddies with older 911's we can do three races, a drag race, a road race and an off-road race. Best two out of three wins.

Trust me... the haters and non helping members are lurking around. If you look, you will find them....or rather they will find you.
But dont knock JL forum. I love it there! Sure theres icky members but even the rudest of comments evolve into hilarious replies and dont hate me for saying this.... i check that forum every day bc i love the jokes and incredible amount of information provided to me by the members. It is my main forum. I kinda feel stuckup on here, not gonna lie...like this is the "privileged" forum.... but i will get over it 🤣 bc 392's are the bomb!
Its nice having a forum that is specifically for the 392's!

Talking about the Jeep Wave, what’s the deal? I wave to every Jeep Wrangler, but only getting around a 20% response rate. LOL. Is that no longer a thing?

Talking about the Jeep Wave, what’s the deal? I wave to every Jeep Wrangler, but only getting around a 20% response rate. LOL. Is that no longer a thing?
I get about 80% wave backs in Kansas

My new “Jeep Wave” to the haters… all “haters” gone within 4.5 seconds flat!
4.0 if you go for the 4.56 😂🤣😂🤣

(love the new Jeep Wave BTW!)

About the same 80% out here in western Kansas. Do you have the only 392 in Wichita?.
I have not seen another one on the road in Wichita or Kansas or on my trip to Colorado in late July. I do know that my dealership delivered one to a buyer in Wichita in early May, about 2 - 3 weeks before mine. And, one of the owners of the dealership ordered a 392 for himself which I saw on the -showroom floor in August. That is all my dealership "Davis-Moore" has delivered this year to date.

How about you... others close to you?

Okay - So I've been a Jeeper for over 3 decades. Subscribe to the main forums: wranglerforum, jlwranglerforum, jlwrangler, and of course, here.
I've noticed, not since the announcement (because EVERYONE was "oohing" and ahhing") but since owners actually started taking deliveries of their 392's, the hatred from non-392 folks is through the roof. I don't get it. Jeep is a family. And like my family, I'm WAY better looking and WAY smarter than my sisters, but we still all get along! (That's a joke, son! I'm only moderately better looking than they are) I digress... Anyways, trying to follow pics and info on the XR package, I've been spending a lot of time over there. It's pretty disgusting how they are so quick to turn on each other.... and it just keeps getting uglier.

This site? Haven't seen ANY trash talk. In fact, folks on here seem way more helpful than any other forums (Jeeps and others)

I attribute this to a classy guy who had a classy vision for this site. Again @willy congrats on a great and successful site.
They hate us cause they ain't us!

Whats the main problem? Gas mileage? A 392 probably gets better MPG than my LJR.
Even without 93 octane at 4500 feet and running 37" tires my 392 gets better milage than either my LJR or my TrackHawk

Back