• Since Jeep392.com offers no protection or formal mediation, we strongly recommend that members not choose payment forms such as Zelle, Venmo, CashApp, PayPal "gift", "Friends", "Family" payments or cash payments. These methods do not permit formal recourse via the payment system in case of disputes. Always be cautious when making a purchase over the internet!

Jeep Wrangler 392 For Sale

Talking about dealers not knowing what they are selling, when I picked mine up I opened the hood in front of the salesman. He thought I just wanted to look at the engine. Then I popped open the fuse box. He got this real puzzled look on his face when I start pushing down each fuse. I explained that not all the fuses are fully seated and found a few loose but not disengaged. I continued going over the Jeep and when I was done he looked at me and said, “so I probably dont need to show you how the touchscreen works huh.”

Well said @dog
‘This is an open forum for every and all Rubicon 392 enthusiasts! But it’s a community of information sharing and should not be free classified postings for the guy looking to make a quick buck. That being said, we do have member dealers that are great contributors, but they did start with a simple “for sale” posting. They all start somewhere.
Our community is pretty darn good at weeding out the leisure suit sales pitch pretty quickly, so they don’t tend to stick around very long. I’m also good with dealers asking what they’re asking: discount or ADM. I for one won’t pay markup, but unfortunately there are those that want instant gratification and will, and it perpetuates the problem.
Considering most on here are posting below MSRP pricing, it’s a tough sell for anyone asking over. But not my call on what they ask. I just want TRANSPARENCY. POST THE ASKING PRICE AND MILEAGE (if used)IN THE POSTING. Pictures go a long way as well. Every time I see these postings that have nothing other than a link with “392 for sale” the ONLY thing I’m thinking is CLICK BAIT.
So my advice, post in full disclosure and transparency in the posting itself. That simple step will go a long way in avoiding the pitchforks and torches.

Well said @dog
‘This is an open forum for every and all Rubicon 392 enthusiasts! But it’s a community of information sharing and should not be free classified postings for the guy looking to make a quick buck. That being said, we do have member dealers that are great contributors, but they did start with a simple “for sale” posting. They all start somewhere.
Our community is pretty darn good at weeding out the leisure suit sales pitch pretty quickly, so they don’t tend to stick around very long. I’m also good with dealers asking what they’re asking: discount or ADM. I for one won’t pay markup, but unfortunately there are those that want instant gratification and will, and it perpetuates the problem.
Considering most on here are posting below MSRP pricing, it’s a tough sell for anyone asking over. But not my call on what they ask. I just want TRANSPARENCY. POST THE ASKING PRICE AND MILEAGE (if used)IN THE POSTING. Pictures go a long way as well. Every time I see these postings that have nothing other than a link with “392 for sale” the ONLY thing I’m thinking is CLICK BAIT.
So my advice, post in full disclosure and transparency in the posting itself. That simple step will go a long way in avoiding the pitchforks and torches.
My advice from earlier in this thread should be considered by management.

To reiterate, I'd suggest any licensed vehicle dealers and/or sales personnel be required to be paying forum sponsors in order to post for sale any retail inventory or their posts should be delisted until they are. We'd still likely see ADM offerings but at least those dealers would be supporting the forum at the same time.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, that you're a decent enough dude. You're young and savvy enough to one-up the old, sleazy, "ABC" salesmen at your dealership by taking this listing and posting it on the forums. You have a killer vehicle on your lot, and if they took it on trade and you're asking 4k over MSRP then you're gonna make bank if you make the sale. Totally respect all of that.

There's just the one key thing that you're missing - you'll learn it if you stick around and hang with us (and I hope you do!): This forum is a welcoming and inclusive community where we help each other with issues, lift each other up, and share our experiences and our love of jeeps. When someone comes along, and without ever contributing to the forum, slaps a marked-up jeep listing down, we tend to feel a little *used and abused*.

A majority of us ordered 392s through trusted dealers on this forum (who *earned* our respect as contributors and straight shooters) that offered honest pricing (6k-8k under MSRP), then we sat here on these forums and drooled over everyone else's jeeps while we waited 6, 8, 12 months for our 392s to arrive. It's kind of beside the point - some people here have the means to snatch up a jeep at 10k over because they want to, and that's 1000% ok too! The point is, we have a nice little paradise here where we share our hobby, and we want to keep this place nice and free of spam. If every salesman with a 392 posted here, just because we're a 392 forum, this place would go to hell in a handbasket.

Looks like you've got a black 392 yourself - what kind of wheels are those? They're rad! (unless you traded it for a truck and... hold up... :unsure::ROFLMAO:). Hope you stick around. Interested to know what upgrades and adventures you're doing with your 392!

But yeah, still, respectfully... get bent with the listing 🥰
I totally understand where you are coming from and respect the honest message. I love my own 392 and the wheels on it are Weld Off-road Racing. I personally ordered mine and can relate to the people who had to wait 8 months to get it. I ordered Mine in October of 21 and did not get it till May of 22. I Continuously go out on Jeep events in the area I am located and love this Jeep Community! I posted the Jeep on here because I know they are hard to come by and wanted to get word out for any potential people like myself who come to this forum to read, learn, and discover. Not trying to disrupt the flow of this Chat at all. Hopefully everyone can understand! And if I could have it my way there wouldn't be any markup in it at all lol!

• Jeep Wave
Reactions: dog
Hello Everyone,
My name is Carson Hardy and I am a the Jeep expert at Sam Leman CDJR in Bloomington IL. Am reaching out to let everyone know that is potentially looking for a 392 Wrangler that We have some in stock and on the way as well! Links to the current vehicle in stock will be listed below. If anyone has an additional question or would like more info. Please give me a call at 309-662-5000

Price Update!!! We are listed at $85,000 only 300 miles!

You’ll get respect for asking of that legitimate price.
should sell no problem.
Obviously not... :sneaky:

Note to the dealer, welcome back to the real world of used auto sales, your price is still too high for the market.

Hello Everyone,
My name is Carson Hardy and I am a the Jeep expert at Sam Leman CDJR in Bloomington IL. Am reaching out to let everyone know that is potentially looking for a 392 Wrangler that We have some in stock and on the way as well! Links to the current vehicle in stock will be listed below. If anyone has an additional question or would like more info. Please give me a call at 309-662-5000

Update! SOLD

18 year old with rich parents?
Only joking, was it a forum member?

18 year old with rich parents?
Only joking, was it a forum member?
Those are Orange County problems.
I lived in Irvine.
Ever see a high school student parking lot with Tesla, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, G-Wagons?
It’s “impressive”.

ÖC problems… 😜

Back