DEAL J&L Oil Separator / Catch Cans for the Jeep Wrangler 392 are In-Stock!

DEAL

Johnny@JustBoltOns

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Jeep 392 Wrangler Hydro Blue
Install picture.

Attachments

• 968FBFCE-254F-46E0-AF7A-FF5FF682F008.jpeg
    968FBFCE-254F-46E0-AF7A-FF5FF682F008.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 268
I can run that by the manufacturer but I’m sure they have explored all feasible options. This engine in the Wrangler is nicely stuffed which limits placement a good bit.

For those who asked, what is the benefit of a Oil Separator, great video! We have one on ours and it's doing it's job. I've ran one on every toy I've had for years now. The amount of oil mixture I catch in there is insane.

We have a handful of these in-stock in Black or Polished, with more inbound in a few weeks. We just installed a Satin Black on ours! Literally took less than 5 mins!

BLK: https://justboltons.com/j-l-3-0-oil...er-392-passenger-side-black-anodized-3072p-b/

Polished: https://justboltons.com/j-l-3-0-oil...ngler-392-passenger-side-clear-satin-3072p-c/
Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! More Black Friday Sales have begun! Save 10% off all J&L Oil Separators, sale price of $143.10 includes the 10% markdown from a map of $159.

I'll admit I have never heard of an oil catch can until I got into a 392 Wrangler. I have read and understand the concept but even your website says they are especially effective in forced induction engines. I'm trying to understand the real benefit for our 6.4 naturally aspirated engines.

I'll admit I have never heard of an oil catch can until I got into a 392 Wrangler. I have read and understand the concept but even your website says they are especially effective in forced induction engines. I'm trying to understand the real benefit for our 6.4 naturally aspirated engines.
There isn't any. 🍻
Yes there is, next time we drain our oil our 392 we'll show you how much blow by is caught in the catch can. Even on N/A applications it does wonders, especially V8s. We've tested these on Mustangs, Raptors and a handful of Hellcat and 6.4 SRT applications. It really does help preserve the longevity of these engines if you plan to keep them for a while.

You probably came across the conversation about catch cans below, but adding it for reference so others can read. After some reading, in a port injected engine (our 392), it helps us see how much oil is coming from the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve, and maybe detect some problems early. On direct injected engines, catch cans have increased benefits by preventing/minimizing build up on the valves.

Yes there is, next time we drain our oil our 392 we'll show you how much blow by is caught in the catch can. Even on N/A applications it does wonders, especially V8s. We've tested these on Mustangs, Raptors and a handful of Hellcat and 6.4 SRT applications. It really does help preserve the longevity of these engines if you plan to keep them for a while.
I mean, you sell them, what else are you going to say :ROFLMAO:

I mean, you sell them, what else are you going to say :ROFLMAO:
I could but honestly, it's not really a profitable item for us especially during their 10% off sale.

I'm just so passionate about catch cans because I've seen how well they work. I've ran them in my personal Mustang, Raptor, Rebel, 300 and now the 392, it's just absolutely how much of a solo cup i fill every time I drain it after a few thousand miles.

1669916469987.jpeg

I'm also passionate about letting people know about not wasting their money on snake oil. On a port injected NA engine there is 0 need for a catch can, all of that miniscule amount of actual "blow by" is burned up as intended in the engine. If we were on the TRX forum I'd say go for it but the 392 doesn't need it.

Looks like the normal smoky condensate but if you have it analyzed and there's really that much oil in it then you have a problem with your engine that needs more than a catch can. Also you'd be adding oil to your engine frequently, which Im sure you're not.

I'm also passionate about letting people know about not wasting their money on snake oil. On a port injected NA engine there is 0 need for a catch can, all of that miniscule amount of actual "blow by" is burned up as intended in the engine. If we were on the TRX forum I'd say go for it, as the residue actually can start to gum up the blower components after awhile.

Looks like the normal smoky condensate but if you have it analyzed and there's really that much oil in it then you have a problem with your engine that needs more than a catch can. Also you'd be adding oil to your engine frequently, which Im sure you're not.
We can all agree to disagree. That was on a NA Raptor 6.2L, engine was running strong when it was sold but that was definitely a common amount of oil in the catch can every 6500 miles.

6500 mile oil change and catch can use almost full. I highly recommend this catch can if you want to protect your investment!

Attachments

• 16B26F0A-E634-4EDB-9A55-8EF504B75790.jpeg
    16B26F0A-E634-4EDB-9A55-8EF504B75790.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 34
  • B16D2F44-2C56-482D-89C3-58FC79128680.jpeg
    B16D2F44-2C56-482D-89C3-58FC79128680.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 33
I can run that by the manufacturer but I’m sure they have explored all feasible options. This engine in the Wrangler is nicely stuffed which limits placement a good bit.
Is this note referring to where the can and the lines are Placed?

Back