Is the 2022 XR still having the old oil pan? Confused.

Fast-n-Furious

Reaction score
I think I'm confused about couple of things after watching this new video:

It's a 2022 XR, but one thing apparently different from what I've learned is the low hanging oil pan (fast forward to 4:57).
Capture.JPG
One guy on the JLwranglerforum posted this pic: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...r-392-extreme-recon.81571/page-4#post-1729414
Capture2.JPG

There are some interesting details in the video. But I have to ask what is the purpose of reversing the shock guard? The non-XR with Fox shocks have the guard at the bottom though. One possible benefit of having the guard on top might be protecting from mud? Just judging from the mud splash near the fender and shocks.

Last edited:

It's a 2022 XR, but one thing apparently different from what I've learned is the low hanging oil pan (fast forward to 4:57).
View attachment 2635One guy on the JLwranglerforum posted this pic: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...r-392-extreme-recon.81571/page-4#post-1729414
View attachment 2636

There are some interesting details in the video. But I have to ask what is the purpose of reversing the shock guard? The non-XR with Fox shocks have the guard at the bottom though. One possible benefit of having the guard on top might be protecting from mud? Just judging from the mud splash near the fender and shocks.
I heard that vehicles produced after Sept ‘21 have the steel pan….🤞🏼

View attachment 2635One guy on the JLwranglerforum posted this pic: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...r-392-extreme-recon.81571/page-4#post-1729414
View attachment 2636

I heard him say its AWD about 15 times.. it is NOT all wheel drive. It is full time 4 wheel drive. One of the guys involved in making this thing come to fruition has made that clear many times. If you dont already know he is on a couple of the Facebook 392 pages and is a wealth of knowledge on these things. (He also has a gecko 392XR... wish that were an option)

As far as the aluminum oil pan... Im guessing this one is an early engineering model or something and it wasnt fully updated. All of the XRs should have the steel oil pan as I dont think any were produced before the change?

I heard him say its AWD about 15 times.. it is NOT all wheel drive. It is full time 4 wheel drive. One of the guys involved in making this thing come to fruition has made that clear many times. If you dont already know he is on a couple of the Facebook 392 pages and is a wealth of knowledge on these things. (He also has a gecko 392XR... wish that were an option)

As far as the aluminum oil pan... Im guessing this one is an early engineering model or something and it wasnt fully updated. All of the XRs should have the steel oil pan as I dont think any were produced before the change?
Good to know, thanks!

How sure are you it's a 22?

How do you find these 392 pages? I am on one but there is no activity and about 8 members.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Nation
392 Jeep Rubicon Community
Jeep Wrangler 392 Owners Group

Those are the 3 main ones

Scott Blum is the go to guy. Lots of knowledge of the 392

The author of the original video just posted a new video and he said this 2022 XR is still tue early version with the low hanging oil pan. The newer version did solve that issue.

The author of the original video just posted a new video and he said this 2022 XR is still tue early version with the low hanging oil pan. The newer version did solve that issue.

I would imagine its a test mule of some kind?.. as they didnt even start building 2022s until mid-December (my 21 was built 12-14). Oil pan update was done long before that.

FWIW - I just bought a 2021 XR late year production (has the updated seats) and it has the updated oil pan. So I'm guessing this is a non-issue now.
Thanks for the info. Does yours also has the 392 graphic on startup screen?

Just out of curiosity, what changed in regards to the seats?
Nothing major. They put another seam on the bottom so it’s 3 panels on the bottom instead of 2. I think the two panel seat had some issues with the leather stretching and looking less than ideal

Nothing major. They put another seam on the bottom so it’s 3 panels on the bottom instead of 2. I think the two panel seat had some issues with the leather stretching and looking less than ideal
Thank you(y)

Back