Is my rear camera mounting normal?

HearHear

Reaction score
Current Rides
Lexus, Nissan, 392 Wrangler
The rear camera housing on my stock 392 XR has a gap between the back of it and the wheel face. Is it normal to have this gap? What does yours look like? I feel like it should be snug against the wheel. It‘s hard to see in these pics because of the weird angle needed to photograph it, but it’s visible:

6DE97B21-B445-44F8-BCB5-88960A3355D3.jpeg

E7C51186-5975-4783-9A19-9CC56A6055C6.jpeg

Looks different than mine but I have already replaced it with a TeraFlex spare tire bracket with camera bracket. Mine had a cover that needed to be removed before getting the spare tire off.

Looks different than mine but I have already replaced it with a TeraFlex spare tire bracket with camera bracket. Mine had a cover that needed to be removed before getting the spare tire off.

What kind of cover? Is mine missing something?

This is mine. First picture is with cover removed. Looks like the XR comes with a longer camera mount so accommodate wider tires. The TeraFlex unit I replaced mine with also has a longer camera mount so less of the wider tires shows in the camera.

IMG_7731.JPG
IMG_7732.JPG

This is mine. First picture is with cover removed. Looks like the XR comes with a longer camera mount so accommodate wider tires. The TeraFlex unit I replaced mine with also has a longer camera mount so less of the wider tires shows in the camera.

View attachment 3308View attachment 3309

So I guess mine is ok or else the camera or tire would
be falling off ha ha. I’m still not clear what you are showing, which pic is new and which one is old, with original mount. But it’s ok thanks for the info.

Here's mine looks like yours (seems secure enough)::)(y)
IMG_2112.JPG

Just a casualty of inconsistency of thermoformed plastics. What you see is just a cover. After upgrading my wheels, the housing doesn’t match up anyway. No need for it. Other than being displayed as a faux lock.

The rear camera housing on my stock 392 XR has a gap between the back of it and the wheel face. Is it normal to have this gap? What does yours look like? I feel like it should be snug against the wheel. It‘s hard to see in these pics because of the weird angle needed to photograph it, but it’s visible:

View attachment 3306

View attachment 3307
My stock XR looks exactly like that as well.

Back