In a pickle… anyone want to help on color decision?

Thanks @RugbyRef !
You are exactly right regarding this forum! And if my wait does get extended, I know I got one hell of a support group here!

Regional Rep did confirm I’d keep my VIN… so XR would still be the build. It’d be most likely one of the first High Velocity’s to roll out and most likely THE first 392. Think I’m going to give him the green light!

@shojeep No, haven’t asked Membrain but did put it in Crypto right after but entered it as the 9th for the order date accidentally) but that shouldn’t matter as long as VIN is correct I’d imagine. Does Membrain have better insight?

Per Jeep press, the High Velocity is expected to hit the streets before Beach Week in April. Who knows, maybe this move will actually get me my Jeep QUICKER! 🤣😂🤣

Told Rep to make the change!!!

@shojeep No, haven’t asked Membrain but did put it in Crypto right after but entered it as the 9th for the order date accidentally) but that shouldn’t matter as long as VIN is correct I’d imagine. Does Membrain have better insight?
Read his posts from the past 1 1/2 years. Just search his name in that forum. He has a great deal of inside insight.

@YukonCornelius I'm gonna cross my fingers that they see your order and say "we need some velocity 392 on the streets STAT" and just press the greenlight on your build brother!!

Thanks all! Appreciate everyone on this forum!

That reminds me of how we named our kids, got the list down to 3 names. My wife was totally out of it, and I had to make the final call, a lose-lose situation. But we love our kids regardless of their names :)
Same when I picked the 392 color, I didn't get what I really want, orange, so the wife made the call. I will love the car regardless of the color

Thanks @Fast&Furious ! Well, we know it's not the new color that's holding up my order at least...
Must be those damn cargo rails!!!

And I'm liking the bold yellow... looks better than the "in-plant" pics we've seen so far. Just want someone to post it in sunlight to really gauge it.

So heard back from my dealer (and it wasn’t with a delivery date sadly :( ) regarding a ping I sent last week.
Last week after the High Velocity announcement, I asked ”what if?”
So today the Southwest Regional Rep chimed in and said he could do the change order… BUT there is a chance it could push it out further. I’ve waited this long, so if I really want High Velocity, I’d make it through the wait (with my support system on here, of course!)

So, here I sit torn: I absolutely LOVE Sting Gray. I’d be more than happy with that. But I’m also one to not be the norm. I would’ve gone Gecko had I known the ONE day you could have actually ordered one. Almost went Tuscadero but decided it was way too pink for me. So, High Velocity could be the one. I like the “green hued” yellow in the press rendering BUT we don’t know exactly what it will actually look like.

So, anyone want to weigh in? Go for being not a run of the mill color? Go for the color that blends in when I inevitably floor it and piss off other drivers? I’m really stuck right smack dab in the middle… need someone to sway me. Either way. Anyone?

-Yukon
Sting gray…
My $.02

Back