Help, Can't Decide Color!

I got the color match grill but will order the satin black when jeep comes in. I am going to use the color matched as a wall ornament.

Been lurking for awhile and decided to pull the trigger on my 392 w/ XR. However, the biggest issue causing me to lose sleep is the color choice.

Hydroblue: The color just pops. Looks great in pictures but sometimes I can't tell if it is too bright for my liking. Color seems to change from darker to light. I am also concerned about it attracting too much attention. I am hoping to have the 392 at least 10 years or maybe longer and I wonder if the color will age well. I'm an older guy (pushing 50), kids, wife... dunno, color just seems too youthful / playful for a boring old suburban guy such as myself.

White: It is white. Pretty boring all though I like the sleeper look. I have a white JGC High Altitude with black accents and it looks great.

Grey: Sting grey is looks great. But much like white, it is just grey at the end of the day. Not very exciting, but definitely an aggressive color with the bigger wheels, etc. I think it might age the best and still more of a sleeper although not as bad as white.

thoughts?
How a color ages is a huge deciding factor for me…that’s why I always stick with black, white or some shade of gray/silver. In my opinion, other ‘colors’ appear to age a bit with time. (Im avoiding the typical “buy what makes you happy” response as I don’t think those are helpful in a forum discussion…we all know we can buy whatever we want…lol). With that said my best friend has a non 392 rubicon in hydro blue and i do love the color (in all lighting). For age reference - he is in his early 50s, a CPA and lives in Broward FL. Again I think you’ll enjoy your choice….I bought granite.

One thing about a brighter blue is ... they always looks clean.
I had a Grabber blue 350R
Lightning Blue F150
and a Hydro blue 392XR.

Even when theyre dirty... they look clean.

I went with Firecracker and color matching grill. It’s always super easy to switch from color matching to black but not the other way around :)
I didn't think about that. Good reasoning on your part.

One thing about a brighter blue is ... they always looks clean.
I had a Grabber blue 350R
Lightning Blue F150
and a Hydro blue 392XR.

Even when theyre dirty... they look clean.

The more I see of Hydroblue, the more I like it. I generally like it better in low light though. I think I would have been happy with it, but I like the Sting Gray too as well. The sting gray may be more versatile for some of the things I want to do though aesthetically. I typically prefer non-metallic shades better.

The more I see of Hydroblue, the more I like it. I generally like it better in low light though. I think I would have been happy with it, but I like the Sting Gray too as well. The sting gray may be more versatile for some of the things I want to do though aesthetically. I typically prefer non-metallic shades better.
Those 2 and sarge green I struggled deciding between. I had a lithium gray truck (very similar to Sting... little darker) ... it was beautiful ... and looked amazing in different light. But... It wasnt easy to keep clean

I went with Firecracker and color matching grill. It’s always super easy to switch from color matching to black but not the other way around :)
Yes, but will the switch to black help reduce the appearence of rock chips?

Out of those 3 I would do Blue. Never gets old. The new Primer looking Greys I loved in the beginning they are starting to get old for me. That said My second option would be White out of those 3.

Last edited:
Been lurking for awhile and decided to pull the trigger on my 392 w/ XR. However, the biggest issue causing me to lose sleep is the color choice.

Hydroblue: The color just pops. Looks great in pictures but sometimes I can't tell if it is too bright for my liking. Color seems to change from darker to light. I am also concerned about it attracting too much attention. I am hoping to have the 392 at least 10 years or maybe longer and I wonder if the color will age well. I'm an older guy (pushing 50), kids, wife... dunno, color just seems too youthful / playful for a boring old suburban guy such as myself.

White: It is white. Pretty boring all though I like the sleeper look. I have a white JGC High Altitude with black accents and it looks great.

Grey: Sting grey is looks great. But much like white, it is just grey at the end of the day. Not very exciting, but definitely an aggressive color with the bigger wheels, etc. I think it might age the best and still more of a sleeper although not as bad as white.

thoughts?
Black is safe. Discreet. Also don’t see much of difference specially with tire carrier gate where bolt look weak on separate color.

Never understood the reasons to not offer certain colors on certain models. Definitely makes no sense to me offer a new color option to entice buyers, then say you can't order on the most expensive model.

Does it come down to them not wanting to do color match fenders/tops/half doors in limited colors?

Just seems like a lot of $ left on the table to me.

So, I went with granite. I would definitely go with black if ever doing another (highly unlikely). I think the absolute coolest look out there is black with the xpel stealth ppf. The satin black just looks amazing imho. As with every other aspect of a jeep - to each his/her own!

My first ever Gray car. I was debating between Black and Blue, and my wife suggested Gray, and that was it.
But, I did ask the dealer if I could get the Nacho color through special order, but obviously, the answer was no.

Back