Hardtop hoists

Seems like toplift pro may be the way to go for me… not having to deal with mounting something to the ceiling of my garage is appealing and I think I’d be able to park under it lifted.

I have both the Grage Smart electric hard top lifter and the Harken manual (son's jeep). PROS for electric: app based controls allow me to set a "high" and "low" setting. One button tap down and up. The strap that holds the top also has a net that the tops can sit in and stored up out of the way so they don't get knocked over. CONS: cost. 5 hour install by myself.
PROS for manual: cost. Lifting the top is very easy and it works as advertised for lifting and lowering. CONS: the hardware that it comes with is junk IMO. It's very cheap feeling and there was no way I'd trust it to hold the top. I bought 4 heavy duty carabiners from HD. WAY better. There's not enough weight to drop the lift system down after it's up. I had to manually get on a ladder and pull each side down. I think I'm going to fabricate a steel frame to attach to all 4 ropes, then play with the weight until it will lower on its own. I'd go electric if I had to choose one.

Attachments

• MANUAL HOIST.jpg
    MANUAL HOIST.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 68
  • ELRCTRIC HOIST.jpg
    ELRCTRIC HOIST.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 69
Back