Hardtop hoists

bwoodbmw

Reaction score
Current Rides
Disco4
Seems like toplift pro may be the way to go for me… not having to deal with mounting something to the ceiling of my garage is appealing and I think I’d be able to park under it lifted.

Stewjr98

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have both the Grage Smart electric hard top lifter and the Harken manual (son's jeep). PROS for electric: app based controls allow me to set a "high" and "low" setting. One button tap down and up. The strap that holds the top also has a net that the tops can sit in and stored up out of the way so they don't get knocked over. CONS: cost. 5 hour install by myself.
PROS for manual: cost. Lifting the top is very easy and it works as advertised for lifting and lowering. CONS: the hardware that it comes with is junk IMO. It's very cheap feeling and there was no way I'd trust it to hold the top. I bought 4 heavy duty carabiners from HD. WAY better. There's not enough weight to drop the lift system down after it's up. I had to manually get on a ladder and pull each side down. I think I'm going to fabricate a steel frame to attach to all 4 ropes, then play with the weight until it will lower on its own. I'd go electric if I had to choose one.

Attachments

• MANUAL HOIST.jpg
    MANUAL HOIST.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 42
  • ELRCTRIC HOIST.jpg
    ELRCTRIC HOIST.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 43

2022 Wrangler 392 - $6,000 OFF MSRP! Granger Motors

Latest Discussions