Hard data on 37s

These are 37x12.50x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on a 2021 392XR no lift, that will change soon. Rims are Raceline Defender 17x9 4.5” b/s -12mm offset

This setup with TPMS weighs in at 110 pounds

The stock 25 bolt XR wheel with a BFG KO2 37x12.50x17
C rating TPMS, weighs in at 104 pounds
Looks great!

Well after saying I was sticking to 35s..I changed my mind. I got a second flat on my 35s and found a ridiculous deal on 37" KO2s that I couldn't pass up. $1500 cash out the door for all 5. Threw the 35s on my JK which had bald MTRs. I am selling it so this works out well.

Replying to my own "Hard data" thread with soft data LOL. I've not adjusted for tire size yet; weighing my Tazer, ProCal and JScan options. (I don't intend to run in RWD but I would really like to disable the speed limiter on the sway bar. BUT I also have new tires on my Ram so a cheap JScan is tempting.) It does feel a smidge slower and it does drive more "Jeep like" or truck-like with the added weight and size. Steering feels more stiff. I don't mind it (4th Jeep after all) but I do think 35s are best daily driver size and that's what the 392 is for me. I expected a more noticeable difference looks-wise but without a lift or fenders or something sexy its just...a tire. Don't regret it for the reasons above but I am less thrilled than I thought I would be. Which means of course now I am looking at lifts and fenders....

Came across this video today and figured to post here

IMG_7812.png

Not too shabby! (Though lordy....that video could've been 5 minutes long instead of 12.) Thanks for posting.

Well after saying I was sticking to 35s..I changed my mind. I got a second flat on my 35s and found a ridiculous deal on 37" KO2s that I couldn't pass up. $1500 cash out the door for all 5. Threw the 35s on my JK which had bald MTRs. I am selling it so this works out well.

Replying to my own "Hard data" thread with soft data LOL. I've not adjusted for tire size yet; weighing my Tazer, ProCal and JScan options. (I don't intend to run in RWD but I would really like to disable the speed limiter on the sway bar. BUT I also have new tires on my Ram so a cheap JScan is tempting.) It does feel a smidge slower and it does drive more "Jeep like" or truck-like with the added weight and size. Steering feels more stiff. I don't mind it (4th Jeep after all) but I do think 35s are best daily driver size and that's what the 392 is for me. I expected a more noticeable difference looks-wise but without a lift or fenders or something sexy its just...a tire. Don't regret it for the reasons above but I am less thrilled than I thought I would be. Which means of course now I am looking at lifts and fenders....
Would you have noticed the 37” ko2’s if they been on it since new ?

The height must be the issue since the weight gain is only supposed to be 3 lbs per tire with a KO2 37 since they are the lightest of all 37’s.

I’ve thought about this same tire but you have me thinking that I should leave the. 35’s on.

Will you go back to 35’s in the future ?

Ok. Now we’re on the same page. I love the look and feel of the 37x13.5x18s that I replaced them with. The width is perfect for my liking. But I’m not wheeling anymore so it’s really just aesthetics and dry and wet traction.
Are you Lon stock suspension ?

Pics aren’t the greatest but hopefully proves the point. Stock XR tires were in the barn and the lighting isn’t the best. They are also not mounted vs mounted but similar to what I remember on the measurements.

I was just trying to be helpful to the OP as I had first hand experience w the product in question.

I was surprised by the exact measurements as well when setting the new diameter on my Tazer.
The correct level bubble would be more convincing Ko2 will run smaller than nittos

Would you have noticed the 37” ko2’s if they been on it since new ?

The height must be the issue since the weight gain is only supposed to be 3 lbs per tire with a KO2 37 since they are the lightest of all 37’s.

I’ve thought about this same tire but you have me thinking that I should leave the. 35’s on.

Will you go back to 35’s in the future ?
Nah. I'll keep the 37s. And I don't put much mileage on this Jeep so needing new tires probably won't ever come up. I don't hate them- just preferred the 35s a little more.
If I get a chance this weekend I'll clean 'er up and post pics. Before and after is just kind of "meh" without additional lift.

I just got my 37s. I am still running stock 3.73 gearing. I haven’t driven it much with the 37s yet but I have had a few moments of still throw your head back acceleration. It is absolutely still a joy to drive.

I will have to get my wife to race me with her XR on 37s.

Somebody out there with an engineering degree can explain to us how my 3.73 gears are stronger than her 4.56. What is it? Fewer teeth on the pinion lets them be bigger and stronger, or something like that?

IMG_8406.jpeg

This is my stock engine 2021 extreme recon with 37 x 12.5 K02 on 17 inch rims. And that is with the full metal cloak skid system installed actually a little bit faster than I was getting on the 35s due to it hooking up better with the 37s. Towed a 3000 pound boat today and it did very well was able to hold speed in seventh or eighth gear uphill with the cruise set on 65 no excessive downshifting And fuel economy was decent around 11 miles per gallon. I am getting 14 right now not towing a trailer but I’ve been driving it easier because I have the half doors on and they make a lot of noise if I drive fast.

I did correct speedo with tazer. Ended up little below 37 on tazer size menu to get speedo to agree with gps speed.

Hard hat, is there a built in 0-60 time in our Jeeps?

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back