Half Doors

Mooserat

Reaction score
Current Rides
392, JKU and a Tacoma
I didn't order half doors with my build. The plan was to get some at the local dealer from parts. They do not sell factory half doors after market, you need to order them at the build! Sad Face :(

Jeep customer service said:

Thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care! I can understand your frustrations with regards to the concerns with not ordering the half doors with the Jeep. I would need to recommend working with the selling dealership to determine the options that can be provided with the mistake that was made.

I didn't order half doors with my build. The plan was to get some at the local dealer from parts. They do not sell factory half doors after market, you need to order them at the build! Sad Face :(

Jeep customer service said:

Thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care! I can understand your frustrations with regards to the concerns with not ordering the half doors with the Jeep. I would need to recommend working with the selling dealership to determine the options that can be provided with the mistake that was made.

Depending on the status of your jeep, it might not be too late to add half-doors (or change color). Once the jeep moves to D1 though, it's probably already too late.

It's been a hot topic for the last year or two that if you want half doors, you have to either order them with the jeep, or find someone selling a set. There's a *remote* possibility you could order ALL the individual parts to build the doors yourself, then have them painted, but many of the individual parts are on long backorder and this obviously requires a high-degree of DIY aptitude (to make sure you get every correct hinge, trim piece, etc. - and put it all together).

The good news is that you don't necessarily need half doors off a 392, you can get them off any JL, long as the paint matches. People do sell them (here and on other platforms), and they typically run between 4500-6500 for the full set with uppers.

Back