Half Doors Kick Butt! Love them and well worth the 4k upgrade

Jeepn4x4

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2006 LJR, 2021 JLR392 and 21 summit grand
IMG_2201 2.JPG

I like them, but I could not get my self to add them to my order, I might regret that later, who knows… I might just get the Mopar tube doors at first.

Where can we order this after the fact?
Parts at your dealer or Quadratec. You have to build the ones from Quadratec though (you buy the components and put them together).

anyone have a part number for mopar original?

I was shocked at the quality also. I think anyone from NC south should get half doors and sky top as the insulation on the half doors would be fine as your only door probably from 40 degrees up.

Jeep is killing it

I hate to be that guy, but I’m going to. 😀. According to my dealer (who is an ass) he claims that they are phasing out the half door option and moving them over to the gladiator as an option for a year. If he is right I’d say get them now.

I wanted to order the Half Doors w/o Uppers but they were no longer factory orderable after 1/3/22. Will probably pick up the Mopar tube doors as my wife really likes the look of them.

I wanted to order the Half Doors w/o Uppers but they were no longer factory orderable after 1/3/22. Will probably pick up the Mopar tube doors as my wife really likes the look of them.
Or look for a used set, they are out there...........just have to have a little patience. Expensive, but probably could turn around and sell them for what you paid for them. Especially if they are going to phase them out.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really don't see the point of these, especially at a $4k premium. Doors on or Doors off. Not sure why we need a middle ground other than maybe tubes if you're worried about safety.

Of course, mine stays "naked" in the garage pretty much through the entire top down season (unless we're road tripping") so maybe the only time I could see a use for half doors would be on a road trip with the soft top to get as close to "naked" as possible when we reach our destination.

Technically doorless (including tube doors) is illegal in some places. Easier to use half doors and get a more open air experience than get hassled/pulled over.

Technically doorless (including tube doors) is illegal in some places. Easier to use half doors and get a more open air experience than get hassled/pulled over.
Its my understanding from the TJ forum that doorless is illegal only in PA. Sorry.

It's not illegal where I am or anywhere I've ever been (apparently except PA). And $4,000 would pay a LOT of "non moving violation" tickets! :)

It's not illegal where I am or anywhere I've ever been (apparently except PA). And $4,000 would pay a LOT of "non moving violation" tickets! :)
Illegal to not have side mirrors in some states and those are attached to the doors. Of course you can get doors off mirror kits. This is kind of an interesting read.....Interesting that is if you are totally bored and cannot thing of anything else to do....and I mean like have absolutely NOTHING else whatsoever to do. ;)

Illegal to not have side mirrors and those are attached to the doors. Of course you can get doors off mirror kits.
Um.. yeah. That issue has a million solutions that don't cost 4 grand.

Um.. yeah. That issue has a million solutions that don't cost 4 grand.
I don't think our local law enforcement would bat an eye at a doors off jeep with no mirrors down here in the deep south. They've got other things on their mind I think.

I don't think our local law enforcement would bat an eye at a doors off jeep with no mirrors down here in the deep south. They've got other things on their mind I think.
Dude, I live in the midwest and I am POSITIVE cops here couldn't care less. I have run without doors/mirrors plenty of times... in traffic right next to cops. You know what I get? Thumbs up! No lie, LEOs are big Jeep people around here. They love 'em, and many of them drive 'em. I workout in a park next to one of our local stations and there are always a handfull of wranglers in the officers' parking lot.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really don't see the point of these, especially at a $4k premium. Doors on or Doors off. Not sure why we need a middle ground other than maybe tubes if you're worried about safety.

Of course, mine stays "naked" in the garage pretty much through the entire top down season (unless we're road tripping") so maybe the only time I could see a use for half doors would be on a road trip with the soft top to get as close to "naked" as possible when we reach our destination.
100% with you on this. Same with mine during much of the year in sunny CA, I leave it topless/doorless for weeks/months at a time. This was exactly why I didn't get the half-doors when I put in the order: When I take the top off, I either want the security of full doors, or just to be free with no doors at all!

However, since I put in the order, I've started to significantly regret not picking up the half doors for a couple reasons:
  1. In the scheme of things, they're rare as heck. Tons of people who own JLs can't/dont have half doors because Jeep didn't offer them when they built their jeeps. They still don't offer half doors on gladiators... yet. I can't buy factory half doors separately, not without purchasing every single individual part for them, getting them painted, and assembling myself (something I am not afraid to do, but it's a pain in the butt, and lead times are long on some main parts).
  2. They're cool-looking, unique on the road, and the look is classic for Jeeps. I can't pretend he exclusivity of them doesn't tickle my brain, too. There's something really cool about having them and rocking them just for the sake of them! Even though I would typically just take doors off, I can imagine wanting some open air freedom while retaining some "polish" on the lines of the vehicle.
Anyway, I didn't order them, haha. I'll probably jump on them at some point though. If anyone's thinking of parting with their sarge half doors, even after I just went to bat saying how cool I think they are - shoot me a line :)

Back