Half Doors aftermarket from Mopar?

New member here looking for a 392. No one around me seems to have one in stock or on the way with half doors. I see a few 1000 miles or so away but I'd like to pick one up a little closer. I really want half doors. Will they be available in the aftermarket from Mopar? I know Genright etc sells their own version but I want Mopar.

New member here looking for a 392. No one around me seems to have one in stock or on the way with half doors. I see a few 1000 miles or so away but I'd like to pick one up a little closer. I really want half doors. Will they be available in the aftermarket from Mopar? I know Genright etc sells their own version but I want Mopar.
Following...I did not order the half doors and after driving around all day without doors at all, I want them.

I have half doors on my LJ, best thing ever. You would not believe what some people are paying for beat up TJ/LJ half doors.

Huge mistake, the half doors are the nicest half doors hands down that Jeep has ever produced

Be prepared to pay 8 - 10K for factory half doors, they are only available as individual pieces - no kits available! Door shells are about 750 ea, uppers are around 650 ea, mirrors are 175 ea, proximity entry $$$$$ you get the picture o_Oo_Oo_O

I posted this question a few months ago. Since then I have received my 392 with factory half doors. I hope to put them on this weekend!

To follow up on OP's question ..are Half doors something you can buy separatly from Mopar and have the dealer connect them to your FOB or if you didnt order them with your build you are SOL?

I would say that if your jeep did not come with half doors from the factory that its probably too much trouble to get them now.

I would say that if your jeep did not come with half doors from the factory that its probably too much trouble to get them now.
yes, totally cost prohibitive, others have already looked in to it

Huge mistake, the half doors are the nicest half doors hands down that Jeep has ever produced
I agree. They are really just the regular full doors without the window mechanism and with a strap for the inside door handle. Same proximity key sensor in the handle. Exact same heated mirror with blind spot alert. The only part I don’t like about mine is the forward window has a zipper that splits it in two. I think it’s to make it easy to unzip and prevent the side mirror from being blocked.
3657C5E7-0A00-4AA0-BAAD-A2395C46EDB0.jpeg

@Noway As far as ordering them after purchase, you can but it’s going to more complex. Right now you can buy many of the parts such as this half door shell:
09C42C7A-1E61-4811-96B5-6568B096DC71.jpeg

But it is $809 for just that part. And it’s not painted. As @RKKRAWL said it’s going to get kinda expensive. Personally I would see if you can find someone ordering a new Jeep Wrangler in the same color as your that you can add Half Doors to the order. Or maybe the dealer can order it directly. The have something called the MOPAR custom shop but I’m not sure if it needs to be with a factory order.
FF8AE098-A43A-4BCC-A3DD-E8B20083F0D6.jpeg

I actually debated getting these for a while. It is something else to store. It cost me $4395. But I reckoned it would be very hard to get later, so I bought it. I figure I could always sell it if I don’t use them. The firecracker red paint matched perfectly. I’m keeping them in the original boxes in the basement, but right now they are getting STEK paint protection film on them and ceramic coating. I’m glad I bit them bullet and got them.

I agree. They are really just the regular full doors without the window mechanism and with a strap for the inside door handle. Same proximity key sensor in the handle. Exact same heated mirror with blind spot alert. The only part I don’t like about mine is the forward window has a zipper that splits it in two. I think it’s to make it easy to unzip and prevent the side mirror from being blocked.
View attachment 3809
@Noway As far as ordering them after purchase, you can but it’s going to more complex. Right now you can buy many of the parts such as this half door shell: View attachment 3815
But it is $809 for just that part. And it’s not painted. As @RKKRAWL said it’s going to get kinda expensive. Personally I would see if you can find someone ordering a new Jeep Wrangler in the same color as your that you can add Half Doors to the order. Or maybe the dealer can order it directly. The have something called the MOPAR custom shop but I’m not sure if it needs to be with a factory order.
View attachment 3816
I actually debated getting these for a while. It is something else to store. It cost me $4395. But I reckoned it would be very hard to get later, so I bought it. I figure I could always sell it if I don’t use them. The firecracker red paint matched perfectly. I’m keeping them in the original boxes in the basement, but right now they are getting STEK paint protection film on them and ceramic coating. I’m glad I bit them bullet and got them.
You were able to order them after the fact for $4,395 and painted?

You were able to order them after the fact for $4,395 and painted?
No sorry I didn’t make that clear, I bought them new as a $4,395 add on option on my 392.
I think as far as buying them aftermarket the best option would probably be to buy them used. I think all Wrangler Unlimited (4-door) use the same doors. I can’t remember if there is anything unique about the 392 half doors. But I figure someone might sell them barely used and maybe still in the box.

No sorry I didn’t make that clear, I bought them new as a $4,395 add on option on my 392.
I think as far as buying them aftermarket the best option would probably be to buy them used. I think all Wrangler Unlimited (4-door) use the same doors. I can’t remember if there is anything unique about the 392 half doors. But I figure someone might sell them barely used and maybe still in the box.
so in theory wrangler willy half doors can fit on a 392?
Because I've seen some for sale but the seller said it camre with hid 4 door Willy..

What about Gladiator (JT) half doors.. will they fit a 392?

Thank you

I would make sure before buying and shipping but I'm fairly certain all doors are compatible between all JL wranglers and Gladiator. Take a look at the rear doors, on the wrangler there is a pretty good angle cut on the back of the doors to accommodate the wheel well. On the Gladiator there is no need for that cut for the wheel well but its there anyway. Only difference might be that some models could choose standard uppers but the 392 only comes with premium upppers (different material). In MY 2022 I noticed some at least are available when ordering without uppers but the lowers should all be compatible.

I dont have very good pictures yet but I installed all 4 half doors on the Jeep for the first time today. The paint color does not match!

I dont have very good pictures yet but I installed all 4 half doors on the Jeep for the first time today. The paint color does not match!
The doors are fiberglass and have the same "paint" matching issues as the other fiberglass parts on my 392 like the top, windshield cowling parts below the 'A' pillar, etc. Apparently matching the gel coat color of the fiber glass parts with the 'painted' metal body color is hard to do though somehow they seem to have gotten the fenders right but they appear to be painted as I have acquired a couple of chips in one of mine. I'm thinking the only way to obtain a perfect match is to repaint the entire vehicle along with it's associated pieces/parts. $💸$💸$💸$💸
tempImage2kz1nK.png
tempImageBlHpNV.png

View attachment 3809
@Noway As far as ordering them after purchase, you can but it’s going to more complex. Right now you can buy many of the parts such as this half door shell: View attachment 3815
View attachment 3816
Just out of curiosity, Does anyone know if the door shells pictured are steel or fiberglass?
5E2D344B-609A-4CE4-B328-4F59324F91F3.jpeg

The doors are fiberglass and have the same "paint" matching issues as the other fiberglass parts on my 392 like the top, windshield cowling parts below the 'A' pillar, etc. Apparently matching the gel coat color of the fiber glass parts with the 'painted' metal body color is hard to do though somehow they seem to have gotten the fenders right but they appear to be painted as I have acquired a couple of chips in one of mine. I'm thinking the only way to obtain a perfect match is to repaint the entire vehicle along with it's associated pieces/parts. $💸$💸$💸$💸View attachment 3831View attachment 3830
Fiberglass?

I would make sure before buying and shipping but I'm fairly certain all doors are compatible between all JL wranglers and Gladiator. Take a look at the rear doors, on the wrangler there is a pretty good angle cut on the back of the doors to accommodate the wheel well. On the Gladiator there is no need for that cut for the wheel well but its there anyway. Only difference might be that some models could choose standard uppers but the 392 only comes with premium upppers (different material). In MY 2022 I noticed some at least are available when ordering without uppers but the lowers should all be compatible.
Doors are compatible, choice of uppers standard/premium. Be sure to check: remote entry, proximity entry, blind spot detection, all are option on lesser models.

Back