Grill question - JL vs 392 JL - same?

thexr6

Reaction score
Current Rides
2007 JK Rubicon, 2021 GCL Overland, 2022 JL 392 AEV 370
Can anyone confirm that the 392 grill is same as 2018-2022 JL?

Same as a Gladiator. I believe the difference is in the size of the mesh holes in the filler in each of 7 the seven slots.

I took my 392 grill off to add a locking hood latch and right on the back of it's marked "JT" which is the code for Jeep Gladiator, so as @Viking Jeeper said its the same as a Gladiator.
IMG_3392.jpeg

In the end the 392 is just a $45k Jeep with a whole bunch of upgraded spare parts cobbled together from every corner of the Chrysler lineup. A 392 from Dodge, the hood and grill from the Mojave, and on and on....

I took my 392 grill off to add a locking hood latch and right on the back of it's marked "JT" which is the code for Jeep Gladiator, so as @Viking Jeeper said its the same as a Gladiator.
View attachment 5816
In the end the 392 is just a $45k Jeep with a whole bunch of upgraded spare parts cobbled together from every corner of the Chrysler lineup. A 392 from Dodge, the hood and grill from the Mojave, and on and on....
Thanks guys.

I may be doing this a little backwards, but I’m gonna be stripping off a lot of the accessories I have on a 2020 JL in preparation to sell (Tazer/lights/winch etc). Likely the 392 will arrive after I part ways with the JL.

I have one accessory by AFE( scorpion Grill), which I quite liked on the JL, half thinking I’ll just leave it on there when I sell it, the other part of me thinks I should take it off and keep it just in case it fits into the 392.
I presume the larger holes in 392 grill are for better air flow/has functional purpose?

Last edited:
The grille is from a Gladiator Mojave edition to be specific.

The hood is from a Mojave, I believe all Gladiator grills are the same.

I believe the grill is different. I remember reading a technical article and I believe it’s somewhere around 13 mm wider or taller for an increase in airflow. The Mojave designed as a desert runner may have also had this same consideration.

Any way you can dig up a reference? I'm not calling you out at all, I'm looking to replace my body color grill with a satin black but want to make sure I get the right one.

I looked for the article and no luck, it was back before I ordered mine probably early last spring. So anyway I got the tape out and measured, I now believe the steel is the same but the insert is definitely different than the JLUR. And I did find support for the more airflow, just not the bigger measurement.

Back