Got Stock 392 Wheel Questions?

Shockerracing

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
Wrangler 392, Gladiator, JLUR
I have one of my 392 wheels with me in my office today so that I can measure for a big brake kit. Figured I would offer to answer or check any questions for you guys today. Let me know if you need to know anything or have me check things! Here's a pic of the wheel with my new 37" Nitto's on them:
392 Wheel resize 2.jpg

Hey, thanks.

Is that a stock rim with a 37” tire on it!? Is the offset correct for that?

How does the 392 handle with 37s?

Did you make any other adjustments (steering; suspension) to accommodate the 37s?

Hey, thanks.

Is that a stock rim with a 37” tire on it!? Is the offset correct for that?

How does the 392 handle with 37s?

Did you make any other adjustments (steering; suspension) to accommodate the 37s?
Yes, this is the stock wheel. I have been driving on them for a couple weeks and they have been great. They do rub slightly on super tight turns, but its not a big issue and I could always add a small spacer if it really bothered me. I have not changed anything else to fit the 37's, they ride and drive just fine. No changes to the suspension or the steering. I will say that I know the steering will not NEED any upgrades, as I have been driving my Gladiator on 40's for 2 years without any steering upgrades.

I have one of my 392 wheels with me in my office today so that I can measure for a big brake kit. Figured I would offer to answer or check any questions for you guys today. Let me know if you need to know anything or have me check things! Here's a pic of the wheel with my new 37" Nitto's on them:View attachment 217
Something I’ve been wondering about is how dealerships perceive the addition of aftermarket rims and/or tires, and if this affects the warranty. Did you ask about this? If so, what were you told?

Does it matter if the wheels were added by the dealership you purchased from or somewhere else?

Are some adjustments by the dealership(Speedo, shift points) needed to keep the warranty valid? I’m aware of the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (P.L. 93-637), but dealerships can pretty much dictate what their warranty will cover and most will try to link any damage to and deny coverage of anything not done by them. It seems to me that it would be pretty easy for them to link any type of powertrain damage, etc. to the wheels. Have you had in the past or do you anticipate any problems with this stuff moving forward?

Last edited:
Something I’ve been wondering about is how dealerships perceive the addition of aftermarket rims and/or tires, and if this affects the warranty. Did you ask about this? If so, what were you told?

Does it matter if the wheels were added by the dealership you purchased from or somewhere else?

Are some adjustments by the dealership(Speedo, shift points) needed to keep the warranty valid? I’m aware of the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (P.L. 93-637), but dealerships can pretty much dictate what their warranty will cover and most will try to link any damage to and deny coverage of anything not done by them. It seems to me that it would be pretty easy for them to link any type of powertrain damage, etc. to the wheels. Have you had in the past or do you anticipate any problems with this stuff moving forward?
I just dropped off my JLUR yesterday for warranty work including the steering box upgrade. My JLUR has aftermarket wheels and larger tires and the dealer does not care. They know that the majority of the Jeeps get modded. I also asked about bringing my Gladiator in for the steering box upgrade because my Gladiator has a 4.5" lift and 40" tires, and he said no problem.

When upgrading the tire size you will need a Tazer programmer or a similar device to be able to adjust for the new tire size. I have one of these Tazers on all 3 of my Jeeps.

I just dropped off my JLUR yesterday for warranty work including the steering box upgrade. My JLUR has aftermarket wheels and larger tires and the dealer does not care. They know that the majority of the Jeeps get modded. I also asked about bringing my Gladiator in for the steering box upgrade because my Gladiator has a 4.5" lift and 40" tires, and he said no problem.

When upgrading the tire size you will need a Tazer programmer or a similar device to be able to adjust for the new tire size. I have one of these Tazers on all 3 of my Jeeps.
Thank you! Good to know. 👍

I’m guessing each dealership has different policies, though. Everyone should do their due diligence.

Does the Tazer reprogramming negate the warranty? Is the dealership aware of it?

Last edited:
Thank you! Good to know. 👍

I’m guessing each dealership has different policies, though. Everyone should do their due diligence.
This is true, but I’ve yet to find one that would give you issues about changing wheels. Now if I busted an axle running 40” tires on my Gladiator, they would likely tell me I was shit outta luck and they wouldn’t want to cover it.

This is true, but I’ve yet to find one that would give you issues about changing wheels. Now if I busted an axle running 40” tires on my Gladiator, they would likely tell me I was shit outta luck and they wouldn’t want to cover it
I have one of my 392 wheels with me in my office today so that I can measure for a big brake kit. Figured I would offer to answer or check any questions for you guys today. Let me know if you need to know anything or have me check things! Here's a pic of the wheel with my new 37" Nitto's on them:View attachment 217
Post a picture of the back of the wheel showing stamped specs on rim?

Does the Tazer reprogramming NOT negate the warranty? Is the dealership aware of it?
It doesn't change the tuning of the vehicle, only the settings to allow you to change the tire size, etc. A dealer would have to prove that the Tazer caused the problem in order to void a warranty. Again, I have been running them for 3 years in my other Jeeps and the dealer has never questioned it.

I’m sure I’m a little late, but I haven’t been able to find any answers or information on this anywhere else. Not even at the dealer.
But, I was wondering if the rings on your wheel/stock wheel are the actual beadlock rings, or are they just beauty rings?
I actually ordered the beadlock rings that you can find in the Mopar catalogue, and at the dealer they found the bolt holes didn’t line up, and they contacted the specifier, told them the correct part number to use.
My dealer told me that the vehicle is equipped with the functional rings already, but I’m not entirely sure as all official information from Jeep says that the wheels are beadlock capable, provided you purchase the optional rings.

GREAT POST
I have been jumping around post trying to find out if 37 will fit on stock wheels. Perfect, that's my plan. THANK YOU for sharing.

What is the steering box upgrade you are referring to? My 2018 JL had 2" lift with steering stabilizer that removed all "slack" in steering. My 392 has that same "slack/slop" in steering. Does anybody know if 392's have stabilizer as part of the additional lift?

Back