Front Bump stops

Ted392

Reaction score
Current Rides
Toys
Looking for pneumatic/hydrailic bump stops that would replace the factory front 392XR ones. Would like to slow down the impact.

Any input would be appreciated.

Fox 883-02-167 are for the JL, check with them and see how they fit in the XRs

Looking for pneumatic/hydrailic bump stops that would replace the factory front 392XR ones. Would like to slow down the impact.

Any input would be appreciated.
None of the JL options available that I have seen will work on the 392 without modifications. The tube that they install in is longer on the 392 making them non adjustable. With the short up travel available on the 392 the pneumatic bump stop would have to be almost touching the coil pad.

The fox hydros work great, and you do end up needing to cut off a greater length of the bump tower compared to what you’d cut off for a non 392 / non XR. Said another way - You need to end up with the same length of remaining bump tower to accommodate the hydros , regardless of whether you’re starting with the standard JL rubi or an XR / 392.

From there, you want to cycle your suspension and add bump pucks to the point where your hydro bumps reach full compression before bottoming out your shocks or knocking off your fenders.

I have them in combo with MC 3.5 lift and fox 2.5 resi shocks. I probably only have a couple inches of up travel before the hydro bumps make first contact, but then there’s a couple more inches of travel before the hydros fully compress. I think I’m around 4” or maybe 4.5” of uptravel total.

It’s a pretty smooth transition from shock-only compression to shock+bump compression. I sometimes hear the initial “click” contact (if windows are down) but I don’t feel it. Full bump compression feels like a super mild and controlled non-event.

Feeling the same need these days when I hit the speed bump, the rig shakes badly. When I looked at the front bump stop, really not much room for uptravel.

Attachments

• 7136CD1E-7325-4E09-B113-B9F424285F9B.jpeg
    7136CD1E-7325-4E09-B113-B9F424285F9B.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 129
Feeling the same need these days when I hit the speed bump, the rig shakes badly. When I looked at the front bump stop, really not much room for uptravel.
I put the 1" teraflex front spacers in and .5" rears. More bump stop room now plus with fox 2.5 shocks it rides very good.

everything is back ordered, I am going with the teraflex. My 392 XR hits the front hard on minimal bumps. I am doing fox 2.5 reservoir shocks too. kings are back ordered 4-6 months

I put the 1" teraflex front spacers in and .5" rears. More bump stop room now plus with fox 2.5 shocks it rides very good.
Thanks, great to know. I came across this performance coil package for JL 392: https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-392-performance-coil-package

The video also says we’ll get maybe 1/2” taller at front and 1/4” gain at rear. Not sure if this would help. Or stiffer coil springs make the side to side rocking worse at speed bumps? I don’t know.

I too was having the same issue along with a relatively low ride height in the front with my 3 1/2 inch metal cloak kit. I bought a set of the ACOS adjustable front ride height and Hydro bump combination and it has been a winner so far

My front end is perfect and I have a heavy beast, with full armor! However, y'all should explore upgrading your springs before you go dumping a couple thousand dollars on bump stops. Another great option is to invest in some beadlocks so you can air-down further 🤘😁🤘
D68B2E84-F10E-4ADF-9F1E-61FB6EF15BD4.jpeg

My front end is perfect and I have a heavy beast, with full armor! However, y'all should explore upgrading your springs before you go dumping a couple thousand dollars on bump stops. Another great option is to invest in some beadlocks so you can air-down further 🤘😁🤘View attachment 15259
Agree. After steering upgrades are the springs.

My front end is perfect and I have a heavy beast, with full armor! However, y'all should explore upgrading your springs before you go dumping a couple thousand dollars on bump stops. Another great option is to invest in some beadlocks so you can air-down further 🤘😁🤘View attachment 15259
How many inches down did you cut the perch for the hydro bump? Did you just follow instructions or did you change it for the 392?

A2167928-53CB-4CD8-9A77-9E1D6CE98BB4.jpeg

Couldn't tell you. I had my local shop (Built 4 Fun 4x4) do the work. My Evo lift was the first one done on a 392 and it wasn't ready for prime-time. Steve, the shop owner, spent lots of time talking it over with them when he did the installation.

My current weight is 6,320 lbs.... So I'll be changing all of the spring rates to 250/300 when my Currie 70's come in. Plus a.few other fun things 🤘😄🤘

View attachment 15904
Couldn't tell you. I had my local shop (Built 4 Fun 4x4) do the work. My Evo lift was the first one done on a 392 and it wasn't ready for prime-time. Steve, the shop owner, spent lots of time talking it over with them when he did the installation.

My current weight is 6,320 lbs.... So I'll be changing all of the spring rates to 250/300 when my Currie 70's come in. Plus a.few other fun things 🤘😄🤘
Huge favor - can you measure how long the metal part is that the hydro bump is mounted in now that the perch has been cut? Looks like 3" which is what the normal JL's are as well.

View attachment 15904

Looks so awesome. What fender liners are those?

View attachment 15904

Nice. Makes me want to get another 392 and go all super mod on it! Lift, suspension, axles, tires/rims, tune.😀

Looks so awesome. What fender liners are those?
The fender liners are from American Adventure Lab. I have front and rear, but the rears got chewed up, in Moab. Rear Antirock kept banging in to them.

Huge favor - can you measure how long the metal part is that the hydro bump is mounted in now that the perch has been cut? Looks like 3" which is what the normal JL's are as well.
I'll check them and let you know

Back