Fox Performance Elite 2.5 - Does anyone have these shocks??

ketanladd

Reaction score
Current Rides
Hi Guys,

I currently have the Teraflex 3.3 adjustable shocks, they are not bad, but i regret installing them (Did so in the first week of owning the car). I have been tempted to get the Fox 3.0 but cant justify the cost, however my local guy is doing me a great deal on the 2.5's and also giving me trade in on my teraflex's. So I wanted to get your opinion.

I know offroad they are going to be worlds apart but I want to get your opinions and thoughts on normal road driving. For example I drove my friends 392 and he has the Fox 3.0 shocks and I was amazed by their performance, especially the level of damping and how I could really get the power down coming out of corners.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and responses!

Hey, I got the Fox 2.5.

They are great, but adjusting them is a pain (the rear ones are upside down) - unlike your falcons that have a simple 1,2,3 switch. I played around with the settings and found what I prefer for on road and off road (depending on which location).

Honestly I would not switch if I were you unless you go for the Fox 3.0 (which are crazy expensive) or can just do a trade in with full cost covered. Did your friend have a new lift kit installed or perhaps changed the stock coil springs? That would all impact the feel of the ride.

Hey, I got the Fox 2.5.

They are great, but adjusting them is a pain (the rear ones are upside down) - unlike your falcons that have a simple 1,2,3 switch. I played around with the settings and found what I prefer for on road and off road (depending on which location).

Honestly I would not switch if I were you unless you go for the Fox 3.0 (which are crazy expensive) or can just do a trade in with full cost covered. Did your friend have a new lift kit installed or perhaps changed the stock coil springs? That would all impact the feel of the ride.
Thanks for replying man!

So awkward adjustment I can live with on the 2.5. My friends 392 did have have a updated lift, (you have to do it if you get the Fox 3.0), he also has the steer smarts sector brace. Makes a massive difference to steering feel. As you said the price jump to the 3.0 is big, I am getting 50% back on my falcons as i bought them from the same place and they are only 1 year old.

So you really believe that its not worth moving to the 2.5's from the falcons?

I have the Fox 2.5 and have no regrets. Huge difference over OEM but can't compare to the Falcons. Mine are paired with Clayton performance Coils and other odds & ends. Several members here are running this setup with good results. Other than the additional changes your fiend has I doubt you would be able to tell a difference on or off-road between the 2.5 & 3.0 unless you are doing higher speed desert type stuff per my supplier.

Edit: Which it looks like you may be lol

I have them also and love them. They are cool if you are willing to spend time adjusting them. They only take a minute to actually adjust, What I mean by that is adjusting them to your driving habits. I recommend doing dramatic changes at first so you can see how different the settings really are. I can’t say that they are better than what you have because I never ran Falcons before.

Thanks for replying man!

So awkward adjustment I can live with on the 2.5. My friends 392 did have have a updated lift, (you have to do it if you get the Fox 3.0), he also has the steer smarts sector brace. Makes a massive difference to steering feel. As you said the price jump to the 3.0 is big, I am getting 50% back on my falcons as i bought them from the same place and they are only 1 year old.

So you really believe that its not worth moving to the 2.5's from the falcons?
Where did you get yours from? ORZ?

I don’t think much difference between fox 2.5 and your falcon, even for sweihan it’s ok.
Unless the Falcon brand really annoys you and you want to have fox with orange accents on your shocks.

Better to get Clayton coil springs at least, which will make the ride more firm and enjoyable.

Lots of mods you can still spend money on 🤑🤑🤑
Did you get a steering stabilizer?
heavy duty front drive shaft?
Reinforced front axel?

Also if I am not mistaken your fender liners would already be cut for the Falcon shocks.

The fox shocks fit differently so you will have holes left from the Falcons, might not look nice.

Reactions: PNW
Also if I am not mistaken your fender liners would already be cut for the Falcon shocks.

The fox shocks fit differently so you will have holes left from the Falcons, might not look nice.
Yeah good shout, did think of this, I’ll live with the holes for a bit and then just get new fenders. Annoying

Where did you get yours from? ORZ?

I don’t think much difference between fox 2.5 and your falcon, even for sweihan it’s ok.
Unless the Falcon brand really annoys you and you want to have fox with orange accents on your shocks.

Better to get Clayton coil springs at least, which will make the ride more firm and enjoyable.

Lots of mods you can still spend money on 🤑🤑🤑
Did you get a steering stabilizer?
heavy duty front drive shaft?
Reinforced front axel?
Yeah they are from Orz,

Honestly the falcons are great in the desert, even for liwa which I did a month ago.

My main reason for the fox 2.5 is for the road. Of course I’m sure they will be great ok the dunes and I’ll be able to take more speed through the bumps now. The falcons are extremely stiff and has little in the way of damping, so make for a really unpleasant ride on longer journeys. The fox’s have double bypass and therefore way more progressive in the way that they dampen.

Yup steering steering stabalizer done, also steering smarts steering sector brace fitted too. Amongst other upgrades lol.

Yeah they are from Orz,

Honestly the falcons are great in the desert, even for liwa which I did a month ago.

My main reason for the fox 2.5 is for the road. Of course I’m sure they will be great ok the dunes and I’ll be able to take more speed through the bumps now. The falcons are extremely stiff and has little in the way of damping, so make for a really unpleasant ride on longer journeys. The fox’s have double bypass and therefore way more progressive in the way that they dampen.

Yup steering steering stabalizer done, also steering smarts steering sector brace fitted too. Amongst other upgrades lol.
Was the Steer Smart brace a noticeable difference on your 392? I’ve been eyeballing it for a while

Yeah they are from Orz,

5halas.
Come drive my jeep and see if you like the fox 2.5
😂

Any reason not to run the rear Fox 2.5 version on front as well?
Cleaner install?

Fox 2.5 shock - rear....jpg

Yea, absolutely. There’s still play but significantly reduced. Great little upgrade. Shame jeep doesn’t do it from factory

I have Fox 2.5s and I am about to install them along with metalcloak 3.5 lift. I bought mine from AccuTune so they are tuned to the weight characteristics of the 392 instead of the stock jl. Note that Fox doesn’t sell specific shocks for 392 only JL. According to AccuTune the 3.0 will not give your 392 the best ride due to the way they are designed and the weight of the 392. It won’t ride in the sweet spot of the shock. Just passing info along. Also why do the 2.5s need to be installed upside down in the rear?

I have Fox 2.5s and I am about to install them along with metalcloak 3.5 lift. I bought mine from AccuTune so they are tuned to the weight characteristics of the 392 instead of the stock jl. Note that Fox doesn’t sell specific shocks for 392 only JL. According to AccuTune the 3.0 will not give your 392 the best ride due to the way they are designed and the weight of the 392. It won’t ride in the sweet spot of the shock. Just passing info along. Also why do the 2.5s need to be installed upside down in the rear?
I also have Fox 2.5's tuned by Accutune and MC 3.5" lift. They ride nice on the road/street. My only complaint is the amount of rebound when crawling in the rocks. Maybe I just haven't found the correct setting on the shocks. And yes, it would be nice to have the shock adjustment knobs in the rear more accessible...standing on you head to adjust is not fun...:sneaky:

I also have Fox 2.5's tuned by Accutune and MC 3.5" lift. They ride nice on the road/street. My only complaint is the amount of rebound when crawling in the rocks. Maybe I just haven't found the correct setting on the shocks. And yes, it would be nice to have the shock adjustment knobs in the rear more accessible...standing on you head to adjust is not fun...:sneaky:
Are your rear shocks installed upside down? If so, why?

Back