Finally finished “tweaking” my AEV XR 392…

Tree

Founding Member
Reaction score
DC303E33-AFFE-4154-9A67-FF52D2C96EFE.jpeg
I changed out my Gold graphics to all black with a few custom touches from Underground Graphics, Rigid lighting on rear and just got her back from getting PPF done.
0F2C5DB4-D6DC-4959-994B-89CC85EC4D51.png
A05EEA63-E338-4F72-9DDC-3A345E7E3121.png
AEBA05AC-027A-4937-9FE3-283BD5924200.png
C1721370-A02E-4875-9A07-F23B9AFD78EF.png
4CDB2F1C-B08D-4A75-9905-8F98B012BE13.png
5539B9EF-29AD-4D20-8AEB-89CC59539782.png
FED92318-E54B-46E0-B151-7CF3BB8691BA.png
8A27436C-E842-42C6-8653-AEA9A70C6EB6.png
F41081D6-6BDB-47EA-A0F3-7BBB5646BFB4.png

Beautiful rig! I like the blacked out touches! Did you paint/replace the hood emblems yourself? I am curious if you have to get under the hydroguide to remove anything from the back side of the pegs or if the pegs are just for alignment and they are stuck on with 3M.

Beautiful rig! I like the blacked out touches! Did you paint/replace the hood emblems yourself? I am curious if you have to get under the hydroguide to remove anything from the back side of the pegs or if the pegs are just for alignment and they are stuck on with 3M.
Thank you JeepGeek!
Just some strong thread to remove emblems and that’s it. I painted them with AEV touch up paint and clear coat them with matte spray paint. It’s fairly easy and you don’t have to fool with hydro guide.
Just pull string through to the pegs and gently pull them off. You will have to re apply some double sided tape.
Thank you for the kind words.✌🏼

Which lift and wheels did you get from AEV? Are those 35’s? Looks great!!

This build kills me. I want you to know that the pics of your car on the AEV site are 100% responsible for the 392XR sitting in my garage today (I think I posted in your original thread something along those lines). I was going to send it to AEV immediately but brought it home first and now having too much fun with it.

If at all possible do you know how tall it is now with the JL370? I can't seem to find answers on what the dual sport suspension set up will add beyond whats already on the 392XR. Doesn't seem to be too much higher which I really like.

All blacked out looks absolutely sic! Make sure you ceramic coat it so it will stay looking like that. I love black but it can be a real bitch at times.

@Tree that is Epic! 😲 I am blown away by all the attention to detail. Amazing!

Did you PPF the whole vehicle? The fact that I can't tell from the photos is a big compliment. Also which PPF film/company did you go with? Xpel, 3M, someone else?

What type of finish coating did you go with? Ceramic, etc. Black cars are notoriously difficult to get that kind of deep clean gloss finish, yours looks flawless. Really impressive.

Which lift and wheels did you get from AEV? Are those 35’s? Looks great!!
SSinOH…
I think I answered you in an earlier reply.
I got the JL370 package from AEV.
37” BFG KM3
Thank you!✌🏼

@Tree that is Epic! 😲 I am blown away by all the attention to detail. Amazing!

Did you PPF the whole vehicle? The fact that I can't tell from the photos is a big compliment. Also which PPF film/company did you go with? Xpel, 3M, someone else?

What type of finish coating did you go with? Ceramic, etc. Black cars are notoriously difficult to get that kind of deep clean gloss finish, yours looks flawless. Really impressive.
Hello Turboencabulator,
Thank you so much!
I did ppf the entire Jeep top to bottom with LLumar Hydrophobic Ceramic ppf. Water/Rain literally beads up and off of the Jeep like tiny BB’s…
It is THE BOMB!👍🏼 We had an issue with the hood due to the “Bulge” so it took about a month to get it right, but the guys at “The Tint Guy” in Acworth GA finally came through and worked it out.
They are the most polite and customer service friendly related shop I have ever been to and I have been around the block a few times! I would highly recommend them if you are in the area!
Yes, Black vehicles are a bitch… but I am extremely OCD about keeping them clean so… it makes it a pleasure to detail daily.
Thanks again for the kind words.✌🏼

This build kills me. I want you to know that the pics of your car on the AEV site are 100% responsible for the 392XR sitting in my garage today (I think I posted in your original thread something along those lines). I was going to send it to AEV immediately but brought it home first and now having too much fun with it.

If at all possible do you know how tall it is now with the JL370? I can't seem to find answers on what the dual sport suspension set up will add beyond whats already on the 392XR. Doesn't seem to be too much higher which I really like.
Hello bwoodbmw,
Wow! Thank you so much for the compliment and kind words!
The Jeep sits exactly @ 77” tall (6’ 5”) I have the JL370 package with HP 8700 shocks.
This is my third AEV Jeep in the last 10 years and I wouldn’t do it any other way.
AEV does exceptional builds and are worth every penny.
Again, thank you so much for the compliment, holler anytime if you have any questions.
Thank you.✌🏼

SSinOH…
I think I answered you in an earlier reply.
I got the JL370 package from AEV.
37” BFG KM3
Thank you!✌🏼
Looks very similar to mine.

Attachments

• DF1D0F7E-E6A2-462E-80BF-FDBFC57E2AED.jpeg
    DF1D0F7E-E6A2-462E-80BF-FDBFC57E2AED.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 250
Hello bwoodbmw,
Wow! Thank you so much for the compliment and kind words!
The Jeep sits exactly @ 77” tall (6’ 5”) I have the JL370 package with HP 8700 shocks.
This is my third AEV Jeep in the last 10 years and I wouldn’t do it any other way.
AEV does exceptional builds and are worth every penny.
Again, thank you so much for the compliment, holler anytime if you have any questions.
Thank you.✌🏼
How do AEV process works ? is It a special place to go?

How do AEV process works ? is It a special place to go?
Check out this website… American Expedition Vehicles
My dealership is an AEV dealer.
Once I got my notification that my Jeep was being built, I arranged for my Jeep to be transported to AEV. From there it took about 8 weeks for the entire conversion by AEV. Once it was finished, AEV sent it to my dealership where I took delivery as a turn key vehicle.
AEV is fabulous to deal with and their customer care is fantastic.

Once I got my notification that my Jeep was being built, I arranged for my Jeep to be transported to AEV. From there it took about 8 weeks for the entire conversion by AEV. Once it was finished, AEV sent it to my dealership where I took delivery as a turn key vehicle.
Thank you. Seems very easy I just need to find a Jeep dealership that is AEV dealer. ill Contact one
thx a lot

Back