Extreme recon ETAs

still no update.... I received 3 identical emails yesterday from Jeep that I’ll add here. Decided to hit up Jeep chat again today to see what it was about and if there was an update. Long story short, still in D status... Ordered 7/14, Vin # 7/16
Anyone in so. Cal have any luck yet with an XR?
I got that email too and it gave me a glimmer of hope that maybe something was happening. Went to the website and tried to add my 392 to my mopar garage and vin could not be found. Called customer care number that was recommended by the mopar website when my attempts to add new vehicle repeatedly failed. The lady was finally able to find my vehicle by von, but could give no updates. I asked her if the color change I had put in a while back and gorilla glass had been applied. She could not tell, nor could she tell me status (D, D1, etc)
BUT, she did say a brand? person would contact me in the next 1-2 business days and be able to answer these questions. Will let you know what comes of it. I have noticed on cryptostickers.net that more and more 6.4's are getting build sheets every day and this is encouraging. Don't they HAVE to build these by 12/2/21 or change them over to 2022?

still no update.... I received 3 identical emails yesterday from Jeep that I’ll add here. Decided to hit up Jeep chat again today to see what it was about and if there was an update. Long story short, still in D status... Ordered 7/14, Vin # 7/16
Anyone in so. Cal have any luck yet with an XR?
I received this same email (actually twice) yesterday. I thought it was somewhat interesting since yesterday was exactly the 12 week mark for me. Anyway, I contacted Jeep chat and was given the same old “gathering parts” status. I believe the MY21 production line shuts down Dec 4 or 6, so we’re running out of time.

I got that email too and it gave me a glimmer of hope that maybe something was happening. Went to the website and tried to add my 392 to my mopar garage and vin could not be found. Called customer care number that was recommended by the mopar website when my attempts to add new vehicle repeatedly failed. The lady was finally able to find my vehicle by von, but could give no updates. I asked her if the color change I had put in a while back and gorilla glass had been applied. She could not tell, nor could she tell me status (D, D1, etc)
BUT, she did say a brand? person would contact me in the next 1-2 business days and be able to answer these questions. Will let you know what comes of it. I have noticed on cryptostickers.net that more and more 6.4's are getting build sheets every day and this is encouraging. Don't they HAVE to build these by 12/2/21 or change them over to 2022?
I did notice the same on crypto stickers but if you dive deep into it you can see that Jeeps ordered from early July- 20th aren’t being built. That was when they made the extreme recon package a mandatory add on. I read yesterday on another forum that they might not be building these ones which seems the case considering XRs that we’re ordered after 7/20 are shown as built and delivered on crypto stickers.

My 392 XR order has finally moved to Framing, which would be Code E, though I'm told that they aren't using these build codes any longer. My 392 is optioned like this:

Sarge Green
Dual Door Group
Front Trail Camera
Tow Package
Xtreme Recon Package

July 9 Order placed
July 13 Order modified to add Tow Package and GG.
Sept 3 Moved to D1 status (per dealer) after removing GG, which would have held it up longer.
Nov 9 Received an email from Jeep Wave Customer Care informing me that my Wrangler would be delivered to the dealership (Fayettville, NC) on Dec. 16.
Nov 11 I received a call from the dealership that my order had moved into production and was at the framing stage. I confirmed this with Jeep Chat.

I recon a week to transport it to California, assuming there are no weather delays. So, maybe I could get it around Christmas time. Most likely the week between Christmas and New Years.

My 392 XR order has finally moved to Framing, which would be Code E, though I'm told that they aren't using these build codes any longer. My 392 is optioned like this:

Sarge Green
Dual Door Group
Front Trail Camera
Tow Package
Xtreme Recon Package

July 9 Order placed
July 13 Order modified to add Tow Package and GG.
Sept 3 Moved to D1 status (per dealer) after removing GG, which would have held it up longer.
Nov 9 Received an email from Jeep Wave Customer Care informing me that my Wrangler would be delivered to the dealership (Fayettville, NC) on Dec. 16.
Nov 11 I received a call from the dealership that my order had moved into production and was at the framing stage. I confirmed this with Jeep Chat.

I recon a week to transport it to California, assuming there are no weather delays. So, maybe I could get it around Christmas time. Most likely the week between Christmas and New Years.
That’s great news! Gonna make a sweet Christmas gift to yourself!

I just got off the phone with my selling dealer (personal friends with GM) i shared with him my findings on the forums of July ordered XRs getting skipped and he agreed with me. He said he sees XRs that we’re ordered in August that already have a ship date while mine is still in D status. He emailed the rep again to see what’s going. Will keep you updated.

KZ S ….June XR order

Those of you that have received emails. Did you provide it to Jeep or is that something that your dealer does?

I got an email this week and I had NOT given my address to Jeep.

Those of you that have received emails. Did you provide it to Jeep or is that something that your dealer does?
Same here. I received an email this week from FCA “US Customer Care” with an expected dealer delivery date of approximately 12/7 for my XR 392. My order was placed in late July.

I had never submitted an email address to FCA.

FCA got your emails through the order you placed at dealer. You were asked for an email to go along with order.

FCA got your emails through the order you placed at dealer. You were asked for an email to go along with order.
No rocket science involved in figuring that out. A question was asked and a couple people answered.

I’m starting to lose hope… ordered 8/19 and still in the dreaded “gathering parts” status as of today. Does anyone know if MY 21 production actually shuts down Dec 4 or 6? If so we’re talking two more work weeks when taking the holiday into account. So bummed

With my order lingering in D status since mid July I have officially lost hope, and bought a lightly preowned Raptor... Good luck to you all.

With my order lingering in D status since mid July I have officially lost hope, and bought a lightly preowned Raptor... Good luck to you all.
I have a preorder placed on rivian r1t. if it comes through before the 392, i might bail. otherwise will cancel rivian order.

Seems that the XR is the killer. I ordered a non XR 392 Oct 6. It is ready to ship to the dealer as of today.

I don’t know when my dealer ordered the 392XR that I’ve purchased but it’s been stuck at the train station here in town for the past week. “Any day” is painful 7 days in a row!

I was starting to feel like hope was slip away, when the NC dealer messaged me that my Dual Door group XR order was in Framing (E status) on Nov. 11. I ordered it on July 9. If you look at the crypto stickers.net site, more and more July and August orders are seeing movement. There's still a good chance that your order will soon start production as well.

Received this email today from Customer Care:

1637793213836.png

I officially have hope again for a delivery before the end of the year.

Back