Extreme recon ETAs

392Elee

Reaction score
Hey y’all!

I ordered a 2021 392 Rubicon with extreme recon package on 7/14/21
Had Vin # and was in D status a few days after. To this day I still don’t have an ETA and the most recent update is they’re still acquiring the parts for the build... I’ve tried searching but can’t find anything on subject. Is anyone experiencing anything similar? Are there even any extreme recons on the street yet? I live and ordered from a local Los Angeles dealership. GM is friend of mine.

Specs:
Black
Extreme recon pkg
Tow pkg
Front camera

Ordered same time as you. No ETA :mad:
last month I was told mid to late September. Now I’m being told late October possibly even November

Same exact with mine. It’s aggravating as hell, but thank goodness I have my “standard” 392 to drive until then!🤣
‘Merica!💪🏼🇺🇸

Hey y’all!

Had Vin # and was in D status a few days after. To this day I still don’t have an ETA and the most recent update is they’re still acquiring the parts for the build... I’ve tried searching but can’t find anything on subject. Is anyone experiencing anything similar? Are there even any extreme recons on the street yet? I live and ordered from a local Los Angeles dealership. GM is friend of mine.

Specs:
Black
Extreme recon pkg
Tow pkg
Front camera
There was an anecdote on a different forum - said their dealer spoke to their rep and no 392XRs have started production. Several have bounced around from D to D1 and back multiple times. Some have even allegedly had estimated shipping dates which have slid further and further back.

The dealer rep claimed that none will go to D1 and stick until the end of the month.

Take it for what it's worth. We'll see.

Not sure if its appropriate to link to the other forum

Hey y’all!

Specs:
Black
Extreme recon pkg
Tow pkg
Front camera
I placed my XR order on 7/13, basically the same options as yours but Sting Gray with Gorilla Glass. My dealer told me last week not to expect it until the end of November at the earliest. I hope it's sooner but that time table seems realistic given the state of things. Keep us updated if you hear differently.

It’s interesting how what we’re told differs so much from person to person. I ordered my 392 with recon package on 08.19, received my VIN & VON a few days later, was told by Jeep chat last week that all parts have been gathered and should start the build process soon. I reached out to my dealership and was told my estimated ship date is 09.29. My sales person said realistically it won’t be delivered until the end of Oct. Now, do I believe any of this? Not really. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if I’m still sitting here 392-less in Jan. My build is sting-gray, XR, front cam, tow package, headliner, gorilla glass and all weather floor mats. I believe that’s it. Good luck to all of us!

It’s interesting how what we’re told differs so much from person to person. I ordered my 392 with recon package on 08.19, received my VIN & VON a few days later, was told by Jeep chat last week that all parts have been gathered and should start the build process soon. I reached out to my dealership and was told my estimated ship date is 09.29. My sales person said realistically it won’t be delivered until the end of Oct. Now, do I believe any of this? Not really. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if I’m still sitting here 392-less in Jan. My build is sting-gray, XR, front cam, tow package, headliner, gorilla glass and all weather floor mats. I believe that’s it. Good luck to all of us!
That’s the best news I’ve heard lol

when i spoke to Jeep chat i asked them to escalate it and i got an email from someone on 8/24. I replied immediately and then followed up with with another on email 8/31. See attached for email screen shots.
If 2022s are available to order late September you would think they would start building ours then and that would at best put our XRs ETA around late November.
By the way i check in often with my sales person and no eta, still in D status. They have received like 8 regular 392s tho.

Attachments

• 0F88FC51-F683-4ECD-B7F0-AD48BADD9CB0.png
    0F88FC51-F683-4ECD-B7F0-AD48BADD9CB0.png
    454.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 7492B5E1-5E0C-44E0-8BC9-A5EB8699C4EC.png
    7492B5E1-5E0C-44E0-8BC9-A5EB8699C4EC.png
    416.9 KB · Views: 139
I nearly ordered this package but didn’t want the specific components and preferred to do my own upgrades. I understand they’re waiting for the XR’s to hit a certain volume then run the production. Typical of lean manufacturing.
I also grabbed the last allocated unit at the dealership and also know many have hit their last allocated units here in CO and many other states that I’ve shopped in. The XR units will likely start getting produced in October, just as the last run of standard 392 closes out.

Man I don’t like the sound of that but it does make sense. Thanks for the insight.

***sigh*** ☹️
I hear you. So question for those that have ordered. I ordered mine 8/13. D status and have not heard any updates.......

If 2022 model comes available for order before your 2021 392 is built, how many would consider cancelling the order for the 2021 (especially if there are significant upgrades). Doesn't seem right for them to delay building the 2021 Extreme Recons until after the 2022's are available for ordering.

If they offered it in nacho, I would have to cancel my current order which would likely piss my dealer off. I doubt this will happen because I don't think nacho would look right with bronze, but who knows. I'd get the nacho and if I didn't like the bronze accents, would change them. As it is, the bronze looks awesome with black and hope they hurry up and get mine rolling.

I hear you. So question for those that have ordered. I ordered mine 8/13. D status and have not heard any updates.......

If 2022 model comes available for order before your 2021 392 is built, how many would consider cancelling the order for the 2021 (especially if there are significant upgrades). Doesn't seem right for them to delay building the 2021 Extreme Recons until after the 2022's are available for ordering.

If they offered it in nacho, I would have to cancel my current order which would likely piss my dealer off. I doubt this will happen because I don't think nacho would look right with bronze, but who knows. I'd get the nacho and if I didn't like the bronze accents, would change them. As it is, the bronze looks awesome with black and hope they hurry up and get mine rolling.
I’d consider waiting until MY22 depending on the color choices as well. Have you tried Jeep chat to check on your build progress? Those folks have been great.

I’d consider waiting until MY22 depending on the color choices as well. Have you tried Jeep chat to check on your build progress? Those folks have been great.
So I went to Jeep Chat and they said it is in scheduling with parts gathering and no specific ETA. Not incredibly useful information..........

I got the same exact response today when I chatted with them. Depending on color I would switch mine to the next model year. It might make the wait an extra few months but it could also be worth it depending on upgrades.

I’m still hopeful October 5th is still ‘22 order banks open. If there are any new colors (hoping earth tones military hues???) I’ll switch mine. Been holding out this long with ETA Novembe,r, why not wait until December for a 22…

I’m still hopeful October 5th is still ‘22 order banks open. If there are any new colors (hoping earth tones military hues???) I’ll switch mine. Been holding out this long with ETA Novembe,r, why not wait until December for a 22…
I wonder how big of a deal it is to the dealer if you cancel. Are they stuck with the jeep and then have to sell it? My dealer did ask if I for sure wanted it. Said he did not want to be stuck with $83k jeep to try and sell. Not that I think he would have any trouble selling it for MSRP..........

Heck, they’ll most likely tack on ADM since it will go to “Stock” status. Anything on the lot around here is still $10k - but at most will let you order at MSRP at least.

So I went to Jeep Chat and they said it is in scheduling with parts gathering and no specific ETA. Not incredibly useful information..........
Not useful at all…sorry to hear that.

Still in D status... Starting to lose hope for a 2021 arrival even with ordering in July. What going on?

Have any of you tried going to [email protected]?
Screw JeepChat! They SUCK!
Once I contacted them, they kept me informed until build completion.👍🏻
My XR will be done within 2 weeks from AEV and I’ll post some pics.

Back